Latest mantra article - Thanks Vaughnji

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 08 Jan 2009

You're welcome Rajitha. The Vishnu Sahasranam is a great practice. I've been reciting it off and on for the last sixteen years, but just the last 6 months it's become a daily practice and I'm noticing a lot of benefit. Vaughn Paul

Nitin21

Re: Latest mantra article - Thanks Vaughnji

Post by Nitin21 » 20 Mar 2010

Shri VishnuSahasranaam infact changed my life for good. Since last 6 months, I listen/recite it daily. I also listen to Shri Hanuman Chalisa daily.

The full version of it does require a lot of patience as it is quite big and needs to be pronounced correctly. However, there is a stanza that Shivji narrates to Parvatidevi as equivalent of the entire Shri Vishnu Sahasranaam starting with Ishvar Uvaach

" Shri Ram Ram Rameti Rame Rame Manorame
Sahasranaam Tatulyam Ram nam varanane
"

Shri Krishna in Mahabharata also mentioned that mere chanting of name "Krishna" is equivalent to chanting of Entire Shri Vishnu Sahasranaam 3 times, and that it is very dear to him.

Thanks Vaughanji.