Article: Sizing Up the US preseidential election

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Basab

Post by Basab » 03 Nov 2008

Hello Vaughnji,

Some questions in respect of the latest article(which I would be glad if you answer):

1. Obama's Jupiter is in it's own sign in the D-9 chart, which is quite positive, but being placed in the 8th house, won't it cause some trouble as well?

2. On the other hand, can't exalted Mercury in the 8th house--of suprises--of McCain pull up some surprise at the very last moment for him? I am talking of a positive surprise here, mainly because Mercury is exalted in the 8th house and also with yogakarak Venus. From the Moon Mercury is exalted in the 9th house as the 9th lord with yogakarak Venus, which I feel is a very strong combination for success.

3. In McCain's D-10 chart Mercury is definitely positive, but being in the Rahu-Ketu axis, should it bring some trouble as well?

4. K.N. Rao always talks about giving the least importance to the third related divisional chart(the first being the D-1 chart and the second the D-9 chart), so should the D-10 chart should get that much importance? I feel it should because the D-10 chart is a magnified version of the 10th house of the D-1 chart and so holds much more details about profession.
Last edited by Basab on 03 Nov 2008, edited 1 time in total.

Basab

Post by Basab » 03 Nov 2008

Adding one more question to the long list of questions in my previous post:

Quoting from the latest article: "He moves into Mars sub period on March 24, 2009 for about 1 year, which is a more powerful position in the navamsha and dashamsha charts, aspecting Jupiter in each."

Vaughnji, why is is Jupiter(the major period lord) getting aspected by Mars(sub-period lord) special? I don't know the significance if it, so it would be very helpful for me if you explain it.

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 10 Nov 2008

Dear Rm,
I haven't made it a practice to use of pushkara navamsha so I can't comment on it. Also, I haven't taken the time to look into McCain's early life, but I would say that Aquarius lagna is a notoriously aloof, emotionally detached, and cold sign. This is increased with Saturn placed in the lagna and aspecting the 7th house and 7th lord, Sun. So, I would say he's not a very emotionally sensitive person, and this could be difficult for his relationships. Vaughn Paul

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 11 Nov 2008

Hi Basab,
Yes, Jupiter in Obama's 8th in the D-9 could cause some problems as well. As the 8th lord in it's own sign strong and aspected by exalted Mercury 2nd and 11th lord, can explain how he was so successful at fundraising.

I've added a short comment in the article about the potential for surprise that McCain's Mercury in 8th house could give. yes you're right

Yes, the nodes on the axis with Jupiter and Mercury could give trouble as well. Ketu with Mercury is a factor causing his defeat and dissappointment.

The D-10 is always important to look at for career questions and rise in power success.

Lastly, Mars aspecting Jup in Obama's D-10 is powerful because they're both in angular positions in the chart and in from one another, and natural friends. Hope this answers your questions, Vaughn Paul

Basab

Post by Basab » 12 Nov 2008

Hello Vaughnji,

Thank you for answering all my questions. From your answers I learned a few more points about Obama and McCain's chart.

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 19 Nov 2008

Dear P. Mahesh,
Looking at Obama's and McCain's D9 charts I don't think it's enough to make a decision on who would win on this alone. The edge for Obama is the compilation of many factors, although there is some good evidence in the D9 as to the outcome.

For instance, in McCain's chart, he's in Me-Me-Ju. Mercury and Jup are both debilitated in D9. However, Jup is is conjunct yoga karaka and 10th lord Venus. This association with Venus is strong for rise in power, but there's debilitated dasha lords. It's mixed. In Obama's chart he's in Jup-Moon-Mer. Jup is in own sign but in the 8th house. Moon's in the 9th which is good and Mer is exalted in the 2nd. The exaltation is good aspected by Jup in own sign, but the 2nd house is neutral. It's also mixed. However, I think Obama has an edge in the D9 due to the strength of the dasha lords, compared to McCain's. Is it a deciding factor. No. It adds to the clues of his strength to win but the addition of the other clues mentioned in my article at http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/da ... 103008.htm are also important. We need to weigh all the clues and use our judgment to determine the overall result. Vaughn Paul

Ram.qa

Re: Article: Sizing Up the US preseidential election

Post by Ram.qa » 07 Feb 2012

Hi,

How does the 2012 presidential elections look like? Who will get elected?

Ram

explorings
Donor
Donor

Re: Article: Sizing Up the US preseidential election

Post by explorings » 17 Mar 2012

Ram.qa wrote:Hi,

How does the 2012 presidential elections look like? Who will get elected?

Ram

Obama will win... needs no astrology ;)