Article: 7th House and Residence Abroad

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Basab
Article: 7th House and Residence Abroad

Post by Basab » 24 Sep 2008

Vaughnji,

In the article you have talked about the 1st house of the D-4 chart as a significator of home and as far as my knowledge goes the 4th house of the D-4 is also considered to signify home. Would like to know how 2 houses can signify the same thing(unless it is as per the Bhavat Bhavam concept)?

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 25 Sep 2008

Dear Basab,
A planet placed in the lagna of a varga chart can represent that a significant event can take place regarding the varga's domain during the planet's dasha. For instance, Mars placed in the lagna of the D7 Saptamsha can represent that a childbirth could take place during a Mars dasha. The other consideration is a planet placed in the key house of the varga - the 5th house for D7, 10th house for D10 etc. Therefore, in my article I pointed out the this woman moved abroad in the dasha of Rahu and Rahu is in the lagna of the D4 chart. If it had been in the 4th house than that also could represent the same thing. In this regards, interpretation of the vargas is different than the rasi. Vaughn Paul

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 25 Sep 2008

Dear HSKK,
Thanks for sharing your experiences of moving abroad and then coming home. It another good example of this principle of the role of the 7th house. Vaughn Paul

Basab

Post by Basab » 26 Sep 2008

Dear Vaughnji,

Thank you for explaining in such great details. There is another question that I would like to ask you.

Taking the example of D-7 chart of children, the 1st house as well as the 5th house in it will indicate matters related to children. Now can we consider the 5th house of the chart as lagna and analyze the chart -- from there -- in regard to children?

For example: the period of the 7th lord of D-7 chart can mean marriage of son/daughter but can the period of the 11th lord(7th lord from the 5th house) can also mean marriage of son/daughter? In that case 11th lord period will also mean a period of gain for children.

Taking another example of D-9 chart of spouse: 8th lord of the D-9 chart can mean health problems for spouse but can 2nd lord(8th lord from the 7th house) of the D-9 chart also mean health problem for the spouse? In that case 2nd lord period will also mean period of gain for spouse.

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 28 Sep 2008

Hi Basab,
The vargas are used to get additional clues for what we're seeing in the D1 chart, to reinforce or support a prediction. The clues can be gotten from either the signficant house of the chart, i.e. 5th house for D7 or 7th house for D9, or the lagna of the varga. Specifically for children, the lagna or 5th house represent children in general, and the 5th house is the 1st child, 7th house is 2nd child, 9th house 3rd child etc. Vaughn Paul

Basab

Post by Basab » 28 Sep 2008

Vaughnji,

Thank you for answering my query.

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 01 Oct 2008

Hi Mahesh,
The process of childbirth is primarily seen from the 5th, and secondarily the 9th being the 5th from 5th. I've never heard of the 1st child being seen from the 9th. When we're talking about the lagnas associated with people you work from the primary house so the 5th is first child and general relationship to all children. The 7th is the younger brother (3rd from 5th is the 7th) of the first child or the 2nd child and the 9th is 3rd child etc. Don't take the 1st child as 9th. Vaughn Paul

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Article: 7th House and Residence Abroad

Post by sinecurve » 11 Jul 2010

I wish to resurrect the topic.

I was at US since May 2001 but was never comfortable and wanted to come back to India BUT its only in MA SD I felt comfortable and decided to stay in US. Now that makes it my 'at home' feeling. My following 7th Rahu SD started and I had to come to India in Sept 2008 and then due to tremendous issues, I could never go back.

So 7th Rahu should have given me mental trauma but foreign residence and as of now I feel like I m at foreign land. I have never experienced such a corrupt, selfish and hypocrite face of India before.

That almost backs the theory what P.Mahesh and Krishna mentioned.

I love to get more views on the topic.

-thanks
Last edited by sinecurve on 03 Nov 2010, edited 1 time in total.
'वक्त से पहले और मुक़द्दर् से ज्यादा किसी को कुछ नहीं मिलता' - Neither before time nor beyond destiny, would you attain anything !

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anilesh47 » 11 Aug 2010

For me, I have Pisces ascendent in D-4, Jupiter placed in ninth with sun in D-4, saturn is placed in 7th house and 7th lord in sixth house in D-4, should i have to consider that i will be move or my residence in abroad will be in Ve-Ju or Ve-Me dasha?
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sinecurve » 16 Aug 2010

nina wrote:Hi Sinecurve,

Long time no see!

You're in Me MD and as Me is your 4L in D1 and residing in the 4H, while also Me is in lagna of D4, then of course important home related issues are to take place during Me dasha or bhuktis.

In May '01 you were in Me/Ke and Me is in 4H in D1 and Ke in 7H in D1 while both are in lagna in D4 which confirms something important happening during this period. Transit-wise at the time, in D1 Ke was transiting over natal Ketu which empowers natal Ketu to bring something since natal position/transit/dasha-bhukti all coincide: that's when you're sure something's to happen. All pointers are there. In D4 Ketu was transiting the 4H.. In D1 Sa/Ju were transiting in 12H of foreign residence..

In D4 lagna you have Me/Sa/Ke so you can watch out for important events during those dashas/bhuktis, keeping an eye on on-going transits for supportive or non-supportive factors.

Not everybody has planets in the relevant house/lagna of the varga under scrutiny, but when one does it makes it easier to predict! :D
Hello Nina, Yes I m traveling a little so less access to net as such. Just came back from Leh - Ladakh trip which I m not sure if you heard had worst disaster in last 100 years. :( So the trip had a touch of both adventure and misadventure... :)

Coming back to the topic...thanks again for the detailed analysis. I get it except for I have Ketu in 1H in D1 so Ketu was transiting over my natal Rahu in May 01. I have less idea of D4 so wondering if the running / coming Dasha are any good for my future travel or residence abroad. Current planets under scrutiny are ME and 7H Rahu (in Ketu Nakshatra) with 7L JU in 8H but currently transiting 10H in Retrograde. Wonder if theres a ANY good news waiting... :)

thanks for your time.
'वक्त से पहले और मुक़द्दर् से ज्यादा किसी को कुछ नहीं मिलता' - Neither before time nor beyond destiny, would you attain anything !

skp23
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by skp23 » 14 May 2012