Article: Barack Obama's Natal Chart Analysis

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Basab
Article: Barack Obama's Natal Chart Analysis

Post by Basab » 01 Sep 2008

Vaughnji,

Can we consider the retrogration of Jupiter as a cancellation of debility as because it is said in the Uttar Kalamrita that a retrograde debiliated planet works like an exalted planet?

You have also mentioned that the 8th lordship of Sun should have made us doubt the chances of political success for Barack Obama, so my question is: does the lordship of a planet plays a role in deciding whether the significance of the planet will be enjoyed by the person or not?

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 01 Sep 2008

Hi Basab,
Yes, the debility of Jupiter being retrograde is a factor of cancellation of debility. However, I normally don't emphasize this because then students assume that the opposite is also true that a planet in exaltation and retrograde acts like a debilitated planet. I don't believe that to be true. A retrograde debilitated planet is certainly improved especially if it's not in a dusthana house.

The lordship of a planet will color the role that the planet has in the native's chart. Whether it is able to bear the fruit of its significations depends on the many factors the effect it. In Obama's case the Sun is strengthened due to its association with planets involved in a raja yoga, and aspected by trinal lords Mercury and Saturn, and a natural benefic, Jupiter. Vaughn Paul

Basab

Post by Basab » 01 Sep 2008

Hello Vaughnji,

Thank you for answering my questions. I absolutely agree that the lordship of a planet decides the role it is going to play in the native’s chart along with it’s natural significance but the lordship affecting the significance of a planet was something new to me so I just wanted to get a conformation from you that I was thinking on the right track. What I wanted to know is among the effects on the planet effecting its natural significance is the lordship of the planet one of the factors?

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 02 Sep 2008

Hi Basab,
Yes, everything that the planet represents, both its natural significations and its temporal significations due to its rulership, and overall condition need to be taken into account in an interpretation. A planets effect is the result of its function in the chart, and its function is revealed by its natural and temporal significations. Vaughn Paul