Article: Barack Obama's Natal Chart Analysis

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Basab
Article: Barack Obama's Natal Chart Analysis

Post by Basab » 01 Sep 2008

Vaughnji,

Can we consider the retrogration of Jupiter as a cancellation of debility as because it is said in the Uttar Kalamrita that a retrograde debiliated planet works like an exalted planet?

You have also mentioned that the 8th lordship of Sun should have made us doubt the chances of political success for Barack Obama, so my question is: does the lordship of a planet plays a role in deciding whether the significance of the planet will be enjoyed by the person or not?

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 01 Sep 2008

Hi Basab,
Yes, the debility of Jupiter being retrograde is a factor of cancellation of debility. However, I normally don't emphasize this because then students assume that the opposite is also true that a planet in exaltation and retrograde acts like a debilitated planet. I don't believe that to be true. A retrograde debilitated planet is certainly improved especially if it's not in a dusthana house.

The lordship of a planet will color the role that the planet has in the native's chart. Whether it is able to bear the fruit of its significations depends on the many factors the effect it. In Obama's case the Sun is strengthened due to its association with planets involved in a raja yoga, and aspected by trinal lords Mercury and Saturn, and a natural benefic, Jupiter. Vaughn Paul

Basab

Post by Basab » 01 Sep 2008

Hello Vaughnji,

Thank you for answering my questions. I absolutely agree that the lordship of a planet decides the role it is going to play in the native’s chart along with it’s natural significance but the lordship affecting the significance of a planet was something new to me so I just wanted to get a conformation from you that I was thinking on the right track. What I wanted to know is among the effects on the planet effecting its natural significance is the lordship of the planet one of the factors?

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 02 Sep 2008

Hi Basab,
Yes, everything that the planet represents, both its natural significations and its temporal significations due to its rulership, and overall condition need to be taken into account in an interpretation. A planets effect is the result of its function in the chart, and its function is revealed by its natural and temporal significations. Vaughn Paul

Basab

Post by Basab » 02 Sep 2008

Hello Vaughnji,

Thank you for answering my question.

Basab

Post by Basab » 02 Sep 2008

Ushaji,

I am very much aware of the natural significance and functional status of a planet for the different ascendants but what I was not aware of was the lordship affecting the natural significance of a planet. I found the latter theory not logical because that way people born with Libra/Taurus lagna will always be at a disadvantage in regard to children, education; lacking in wisdom; no respect of teachers and elders and lack of wealth – all the natural significances of Jupiter due to bad lordships of Jupiter. Don't you think it's not logical that a native with Aries lagna will have an edge over someone with Taurus lagna in regard to all the natural significances of Jupiter just because it gets a better lordship. I had this idea that the planets which were functional malefics would give bad results in terms of its bad lordships but I was not aware that the bad lordship would actually affect its natural significances as well, so the confusion.

Ushaji: ‘tabhi to personal kundli ki significance hai ,mesh lagna ke liye jupirer 9th lord Good and vrish lagna ke liye 8th not so good ,so first we should consider temporal significations.simple.’

Yeh baat to mujhe pata hai par iska matlab to yeh hai ki Jupiter Mesh lagan ke liya accha hai in general terms par yeh nahin ke Jupiter Mesh lagan ke liye accha hai in terms of children, wealth and education. The same way Jupiter Vrishab lagan ke liye kharap hai but that in general terms not in terms of children, wealth and education. Waisa hone sein logical nehin hai kyunki phir har Vrishab lagna ke purush/nari santan bhagya, dhan aur, shiksha ke hisab se peeche rahega Mesh lagan ke purush/nari sein.
Last edited by Basab on 03 Sep 2008, edited 1 time in total.

Basab

Post by Basab » 03 Sep 2008

Ushaji,

You are not getting my point. I absolutely agree with you that all factors should be considered but it's one of the factors that I was asking about.

Quoting from Vaughn Paul's latest article 'Barack Obama's Natal Chart Analysis':

'When we first look at his Sun, we might wonder why someone with the Sun as the 8th lord would represent a politician since the Sun is the planet of politics.'

According to the above lines the 8th lordship of Sun should make one doubtful about the native's chances in politics. As I had not known earlier that the lordship of a planet is one of the factors that needs to be considered to determine to what extent the native will enjoy the natural significances of the planet I asked Vaughnji about it.

Basab

Re: Re

Post by Basab » 03 Sep 2008

Ushaji,

You are completely misunderstanding me. I am sorry if anything I have said in my earlier posts have offended you in any way. I greatly benefit from your posts and think myself extremely lucky to get valuable astrological tips from you so no question of feeling bad about it as you are thinking it to be.

Coming to the topic of discussion you are still not getting my point. Firstly I am not sure whether the 8th house(the most malefic house) should be considered as the house of fame; as far as my knowledge goes -- which is very limited -- the 9th house is the house of fame and the 1st and 10th houses are also considered as houses of fame. Sometimes 11th house is also considered as the house of fame.

Ushaji: 'no wonder, sun aur 8th house dono se name ,fame ka vichar kiya jata hai .8th house mai politics ka first karak mars hai ,8th lord sun kendra mai 9th lord budh ke sath hai aur jupiter use dekh raha hai.lagna mai lagna lord hai yani lagna bahut strong hai ,lagna mai guru hajaro doshon ka nivaran karta hai.'

I don't think this is what Vaughnji was trying to explain in his analysis. I felt he said that it apparently felt that the Sun which is the significator of politics getting a bad lordship -- lordship of the 8th house -- had lost it's beneficence and thus it's capacity to give good results in terms of one of its natural significations which is politics for the native but the other factors determining it's strength is in its advantages so it has given beneficial results to the native in politics.

Now, he can only clear up the confusion by agreeing or disagreeing with my understanding of the lines from his article on Barack Obama, which I am quoting once again for his convenience:

'When we first look at his Sun, we might wonder why someone with the Sun as the 8th lord would represent a politician since the Sun is the planet of politics.'

Basab

Post by Basab » 04 Sep 2008

Anupamji,

Thank you for such a wonderful explanation. Your posts are always 'A' graded. :D

Basab

Post by Basab » 09 Sep 2008

[quote="chakra"]Hi Basab,

Good to see your new Tagline... I find it very positive.[/quote]

It's one of my favourite quotations.