US PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS 2012: OBAMA OR ROMNEY

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
US PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS 2012: OBAMA OR ROMNEY

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 28 Sep 2012

Dear All,

JOA has come up with a wonderful article on US ELECTIONS 2012. A novel way of analysis through Swamsa technique is revealed.

http://www.journalofastrology.com/artic ... cle_id=431

However, now Col AK Gour, the author, has finally agreed on Capricorn lagna for Obama, instead of Libra. Only regret is there is no regret for change in previous stand on lagna :(

When the famous Astrological Magazine, did the same with Rajiv Gandhi's lagna (they said virgo first and changed to Leo later w/o any explanations) KN rao ji, has commented on this as a historical blunder and now history repeats!

Though still i have respects for KN Raoji, hope he may say something atleast later.

StellarAstrologer
Contributor
Contributor

Re: US PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS 2012: OBAMA OR ROMNEY

Post by StellarAstrologer » 28 Sep 2012

Krishnagopal ji

I too noticed this and unfortunately this sends a wrong message to the wider jyotish community. I do not subscribe to JOA and hence I do not know if there was any mention in JOA (by Col Gour or KN Rao) that Obama's lagna changed to that of Makara from Thula. Shri KN Rao was very critical of Astrological magazine regarding Rajiv's lagna (perhaps rightly so) and now the same mistake is made but by a senior astrologer. However he could have been more forthright to say it is makara lagna and not thula lagna ever after the BC was out on the internet in July 2008!! Wrong chart right prediction - gives a bad name to astrology that he says should be based on principles (and verification). I still like Col Gour's book on Professions. Could be an honest mistake but covered it up with big ego and did not let go his emotional attachment to libra lagna.

Now it is too late to predict anything. My friend and one of the best KP astrologers - Mr Gurmeet Singh has already predicted 2 yrs back in Star Teller that Obama will win without opponent's chart. And I also wrote on this forum that Obama will win with his vipareeta raja yoga chart. But Obama and the nation will suffer in 2014 when Shani goes to scorpio and his luck runs out.

I have said this before: Give any lagna to Obama people will predict victory in 2008 and also now in 2012 Sep (as the polls are out). All polls suggest he will win, debates are not going to have any effect.

Do you know that Jupiter is aspecting Obama's Mercury in transit and Mercury in exalted? And see that Romney's ninth lord Sat though exalted in afflicted by mars and is not aspected by Jup in transit.

See Obama's chart from 7th house and see why his opponents are really strong (obviously) but cannot win even with exalted moon in 11th.

Best,
M.S.Sharma

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 28 Sep 2012

MS Sharma ji,

Thanks for the reply. I have seen your earlier posts and even good comments to KN Rao ji's articles in JOA before. And your take of seeing dasas from KP ayanamsha but d charts from lahiri ayanamsha, is a worthy point to be tested.

Yes, as you have rightly pointed out, even senior astrologers did not let go their emotional attachments!

And i agree to your observations but mercury is not exalted in transit chart on 6th November 2012 (or You are pointing to obama's exalted mercury in navamsa?)

As per me, there is a good catch in both charts from dasa/transit point of view.

He runs saturn-saturn-saturn, and saturn in transit is exalted in 10th but in conjunction with debilitated 8th lord Sun, aspected by Jupiter 12th lord (using retro aspects in transit as recommended by KN rao ji). Though functional nature is not seen in transits often, but in my limited view, its impact is there. Now dasa lord with 8th and 12th lord association shows loss too, in close encounters. His 10th lord venus is debilitated in transit and aspected by jupiter 12th lord.

In Romney's chart, Sun-Mercury-Rahu operates during elections. Here Sun and Mercury are powerful in 10th house and Rahu too, exalted in lagna in birth chart. In Transit, Sun debilitated with 10th lord exalted saturn in 6th house shows the fight and is good. But Mercury in 7th with 12th lord Mars and aspected by 8th lord jupiter, and pratyantar lord rahu debilitated in 7th, with again 8th and 12th lord association says more than the story of Obama!!

Also in his Navamsa chart, Sun is in 4th but aspected by 11th and 12th lord saturn is a weakness but mercury+rahu in 2nd house of gains aspected by jupiter and mars is very good. In obama's case saturn is vargottama in 6th and in own sign in 10th from moon is very good.

Mrs Wendy, author of Jyotish Vidya has even gone through Sookshma dasa of Obama and predicted difficult times for Obama in elections, some time before. But i doubt whether she has commented on Romeny's chart.

Anyways, unlike last time this time elections may be much interesting and Col AK Gour's analysis this time for a close call is very good. I too agree that Obama has the edge.

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 29 Sep 2012

Post script
Fri, 13 Jun 2008
Update.
After posting this text, I received news about Obama's published birth certificate with time 19:24. As I mentioned above, rectifying birthtime is always tricky. When we attempt it, we bring, together with our knowledge, our illusions about the native, which we imprint in the rectification. I think, considering 13.06 chart, Obama was idealised - and my opinion about him, without chart, was rather different. As I look at this new chart, I am coming back to my old opinion. Yet another problem is that several times may describe the native similarly well, taking into account all the life events etc.

Good exercise. Although I am not sure about his presidency now.

Valerie
http://journalofastrology.com/article.p ... cle_id=164
May be he is still testing his chart through this event. regards
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

StellarAstrologer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by StellarAstrologer » 29 Sep 2012

Anuradha ji
We'll let go and get emotionally attached to this article which is 4 yrs old now!
Makara lagna and karkataka lagna are two lagnas where 2 benefics jup (3 and 12 th lord) and mer (3rd and 12th lord) get involved in vipareeta raja yoga. See the chart of Sonia Gandhi with karkataka lagna it becomes clear. It is difficult to predict the degree of rise for people born in vipareeta raja yoga, as opposed to traditional yogas involving 1,2,5,7, 9, 10 and 4th houses are lords (and 11th for gains and honors). Give the chart of Obama or Sonia, without reveleaing identity, to 10 astrologers only 1 astrologer perhaps will predict that the chart belongs to a person with money and power. Best regards

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 29 Sep 2012

Anu Ji,

As MSS ji said, let us go of our attachments!

And the article you have shown was written by an Lady Russian astrologer, not Col Gour, which i too read well before, and she backed out after obama's birth certificate was published but obama has won that time! In such case, a prediction on both lagnas could have been done if at all an experiment was being made!!

Good news now, is that Col AK Gour had finally changed his mind but KN Rao ji who was not sure of obama's time and has indicated intially itself that he is not sure of it. But both supported tula lagna for obama for long time as far as i know!

But by writing this latest article, Col AK Gour ji, has finally accepted Makar lagna, only thing is just a honest word that earlier take was wrong, is more than enough.

My respect is not diminished because of one wrong or even many wrongs of these senior astrologers. Their predictive success rate is high compared to modern astrologers who are very good in book writing and publishing! and also KN rao ji himself. accepted his mistake about Manmohan ji's horoscope.

I think Vaughn ji, has commented on this in his articles including "Sizing up the US presidential elections" etc and also hinted how much value birth certificate holds in american natives. He also said various points to be taken for a prediction like birth chart,navamsa, luck,9th lord,dasas and transits and not one take or favorable point.

let me share one of the following statement of a very good western astrologer James braha.

Astrology, in practice, is always going to be an imperfect science. If you're not frustrated with your lack of perfection in the field, it means either you don't care, or, far worse, you don't even notice your mistakes

This is what my intention, and would like to share this among astrologer's community.

So. now the interesting thing is, a close fight which is predicted well in advance by this article. Let us see how it works.

StellarAstrologer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by StellarAstrologer » 01 Oct 2012

Krishnagopal ji and others interested

What I was trying to say is that the 2012 presidential election is already over. It is not even going to be close. All the astro analysis by various astrologers is too late now. Election was effectively sealed when QE3 was announced by Ben Bernanke. Most of the authors from India (astrologers) do not understand that it is not popular votes that gets the presidency, it is the electoral votes. Obama vs. McCain is 2008 - 365 to 173. Obama vs. Romney in 2012 projections 332 to 191. This is not a close election.

Obama has such a strong chart that he won Noble peace prize in 2009 (it was a joke and it was a shock to him also). 80% of jyotish / vedic astrologers could not digest the fact that he became president in the dasha of 12th lord and rejected makara lagna. I exchanged many emails privately and many complained that it cannot be makara lagna. But the fact is, it is makara lagna chart and he became president in 12th lord dasa that is involved in vipareeta raja yoga.

President Bush's last few yrs was that of 12th lord dasha (mercury and his lagna in karka). Now country got into deep debt and spending right from 2002 tax cuts and war. His shani was with mercury. And it went out of control in 07 and 08. Obama is another 12th lord dasha president who just could not/cannot even now control debt. He has to spend and will spend just to keep the economy alive.

bottom line: country's trajectory of debt could be saved even with good intentions of Obama. unfortunately his 12th lord dasha did not help. now with his second lord dasa things will improve, not a great deal. remember shani is with jup (12th lord) and is aspected by 8th lord sun.

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 07 Nov 2012

Hello stellarastrolger,

good to see you back on the forum.

As we know Obama won. I want to post a link that has analysis from a different dasha. Nobody wanted to discuss it at that time.

http://lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3 ... =9&t=16518

StellarAstrologer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by StellarAstrologer » 07 Nov 2012

Hina,

My 2 cents regarding the election.

1. Regarding Obama's victory - Observe that dasa lord and lagna lord saturn in well placed in transit and natal chart.
2. Regarding Romney chart - Observe that lagna lord was debilitated in transit, but dasa lord and bhukti lord got afflicted at the wrong time for him (unfortunately).

It was fight between Obama's Saturn (common man, afflicted shani with 12th lord, 6th lord and 8th lord) and Romney's Venus (artistic and benefic with conservative bent).

I did not do yogini dasha calcs. IMHO, the best astrologer is the one who predicts (marriage, job, promotion or defeat or child birth) with rasi and navamsa (or rasi and nakshatra pada of planet) and running dasa with gochara. Too many parameters dilute the effectiveness of prediction. All the Best

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 11 Nov 2012

MSS ji,

Congrats for your prediction that it wont be a close election. Obama won convincingly and 332/191 projection shown by you mostly came right!

Agree with your simple dasa analysis, infact for confirmation/double check only we have to go for chara/yogini dasas, is my view.

Reason being even with same karakas but lagna in a different degree will show the same prediction, ie with a time difference of 1-2 hours in many cases.

So destiny finally favored Obama, let us hope his saturn align with india's traditional makar lagna lord well!!

deeps

Post by deeps » 14 Nov 2012

Congrats Steller ji. What is your email id or any website? Do you do paid readings?

StellarAstrologer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by StellarAstrologer » 16 Nov 2012

Chapter 3. Karma-yoga Sloka 30
"mayi sarvani karmani
sannyasyadhyatma-cetasa
nirasir nirmamo bhutva
yudhyasva vigata-jvarah"
deeps wrote:Congrats Steller ji. What is your email id or any website? Do you do paid readings?
Last edited by StellarAstrologer on 02 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

deeps

Post by deeps » 16 Nov 2012

Well there are astrologers who are not highly eucated and yet they don't charge money for it. Anyway, there is hardly any difference.

I am not against paid astrology. Just like a financial person will demand fees for his services, which is without any guranatee given the volaitlity of share market, a qualitfied astrologer has every right to be compensated for giving his time and advise. There is nothing in life that is guaranteed.

Astrology is also like a science and nothing special about it. :)

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 16 Nov 2012

Deeps, In olden days even if the person is not charging anything for the consultation , the consultor use to give whatever is available e.g Wheat, Paddy, Barley, Mango, milk etc. as a mark of respect. It was a very noble and respectable to do astrology. Now a days we are on both the extreme , on one hand people are charging greedily on the other hand consultor not even says thanks to the astrologer. I feel the middle path is must to revive astrology.regards
by deeps » 171112

Well there are astrologers who are not highly eucated and yet they don't charge money for it. Anyway, there is hardly any difference.

I am not against paid astrology. Just like a financial person will demand fees for his services, which is without any guranatee given the volaitlity of share market, a qualitfied astrologer has every right to be compensated for giving his time and advise. There is nothing in life that is guaranteed.

Astrology is also like a science and nothing special about it.
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 16 Nov 2012

I also think there is nothing wrong in charging money if one is well qualified as an astrologer.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

deeps

Post by deeps » 17 Nov 2012

Yeah Anuradha ji,

I agree with you.

About astrology, don't fret about it. As long as there are tensions in the world, there will always be demand for astrology. Forget about its dipping popularity. It is not a true fact at all. In every field, we have dogs to bark.

rishirahul
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rishirahul » 17 Nov 2012

Hi,

This was also posted by me in a palmistry forum in Nov 2011, where I very rarely participate.
The thread runs in three pages...1, 2, 3.
http://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t ... bama#16091

http://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t ... rack-obama

http://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t ... rack-obama

RishiRahul
Astrologer, Palmist and Numerologist
For Serious Astrological Consultations, Accurate Time Predictions and Decisions