Mars & Saturn

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Mars & Saturn

Post by Dev » 06 Aug 2012

Yes, her jupiter is in 5th house.

I always have high regards to pure jupiter, he represents 100% purity.

If I visit some friend's or relatives house with my sister, if they ask us to eat, I would immediately say yes and she would say in pvt, why do you trouble them and all that. So for her even small injustice she does not like.

I only said that in most horoscopes, it may appear outwardly to be in uchcha, in kendra, in trikona or in own house, but most of them would still not have a pure jupiter and aspects by a malefic can result in the person becoming very bad.

Only very very few horoscopes have that sort of jup you are talking about, I have seen the Jhora charts saved here and almost could not find a few.

Dev

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 06 Aug 2012

My Guru, Sh K.N Raoji has pure, exalted Jupiter in 10H. regards
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 06 Aug 2012

That is nice to hear, that is why he became a Guru :D .
I found that Gandhi, Ramakrishna Parama hamsa, Sharado Mata, chandrasekara Saraswahti, Vivekananda, Aurobindo Ghosh, mahesh Yogi, Puttabarti Saibaba, BV Raman, Sanja Rath do not have a pure jupiter.

Ramana Maharishi though has it in 6th house.

Dev

Post by 123 » 06 Aug 2012

Dev wrote:Ok but still when in 6, 8, 12 their thinking is not pure, it goes cruked, I feel.
Your logic has gone crooked, I feel.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 07 Aug 2012

I feel you have jupiter in one of these houses. I based it since I saw a few horoscopes that way. If you cant take it leave it but show examples to prove otherwise.

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 07 Aug 2012

Dear Dev,

It is better not to judge by viewing few horoscopes :)

Jupiter exalted gives arrogance of knowledge too and jupiter debilitated gives humbleness! (It is per KN rao's words!)

Now in 6th, 8th, 12th placements jupiter does make one crooked? No , it depends on lordships etc. Also untainted jupiter. Let us see.

Kn Rao's guru swami paramananda saraswati has Leo lagna with jupiter in 8th pisces aspected by saturn.

His other guru, Swami Moorkanand has makar lagna with jupiter in 12th house sagittarius.

Yogananda has leo lagna with jupiter in 8th meena, aspected by Mars!

But these we can say saints horoscopes, but in normal horoscopes. I have seen exalted jupiter with a taurus lagna and other one jupiter in leo, both aspected by mars. Here terrible ego clashes are a big setback for the native.

This is what Guru kn rao ji is pointing that what a tainted jupiter will give. Even in saints cases the afflictions have a say, paramanand sarawati has been poisoned and yogananda had chronic liver troubles.

But Kn rao ji says " Gurur Mrityugo tasya vaikunthagatham" , means after death ,those who have jupiter in 8th house go to the highest world. He may not mean for every single person, but those with jupiter in 8th, following spirituality can aspire for better future.

contd....

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Another chart of Taurus lagna with jupiter in 8th house with saturn, he was my ex-boss. But here no mars aspect, native is very vulnerable and was humilated many times during his first part of life. But a very humble native, not a sign of crookedness!

Another vrisha lagna, my past colleague, with jupiter in 6th aspected by saturn+moon from 12th house. Hmm, here much crookedness, i have seen!

Now jupiter in debilitation, Kn Rao ji, in his books given the chart of Dr.Nagendra singh. Gemini lagna, jupiter in 8th, aspected by Mars! He was in politics and finally a judge of international court, and as described by KN Rao ji, he is very humble and serve saints without showing any signs of a aristocrat!

One more junior colleague of mine, has cancer lagna with deb. jupiter in 7th house. He is very polite and liked by many.

So what i feel is blanket statements like jup in 6th etc make one crooked.... or deb. jupiter makes one lose dharma, is not correct.

But i understand why deb jup or good jup discussions come up often! I find your chart is a good one, just has some minor things which every native has.

And this 100% pure nature, is neither untainted jupiter or exalted saturn or a pure venus or a unafflicted moon etc.. :lol:

It is our souls or consciousness when not attached to this body/mind. We all go that state during sleep, when meditation happens...

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 07 Aug 2012

Kindly read page 63[Enigmas In Astrology] , last line.'' Blemish less Jupiter proves very good whatever be the Lagna''. regards
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

yes anu ji, you are right.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 07 Aug 2012

Krishnagopal,

Thanks for the detailed clarification. I agree, I saw in 2 or 3 here around me and jumped to the conclusion, neverthless, I did not want to make it a generalisation since I am no expert to make such sweeping statements. I am interested in astrology and learn every day Anyway I agree there are so many saints and good people also with jupiter in 6 8 and 12 though 1, 5,9 are the best positions like you said, it being in 8th gave him a disease and so on.
Anyway I was actually seeking clarifications only and I do realise many in the forum could have such a combination too. I did not intend hurting anybody at all.

Dev

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 08 Aug 2012

Agree with this statement, but I have personally observed that retrograde Jup doesn't taint Jup. Infact, it gives very pronounced effects wrt jup as retro planets represent unfinished karma.
Retrogression of Jupiter reduces its purity .

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 08 Aug 2012

Anu ji,

It depends whether jupiter retrograde reduces its purity or not! We can check actual charts.

Pl see Gandiji's horoscope in Enigmas in astrology, chapter 3.

But Charles manson serial killer, has jupiter direct with 2 benefics in libra!

Pl check Obama's jupiter and Geroge bush's!

The enlightened teacher of the west, Byron katie has jupiter (r) aspected by saturn!

Leaving famous people, i have 2 colleagues's chart. one born on 13th april 1967,11.55 hrs, and other born on 14th april 1967, 3.45 hrs.

Both have very good exalted , vargottama, unafflicted, untainted jupiter, but their concerns have not gone beyond mundane! we can say jupiter not in a kendra, but idealism , yes,towards money!

Another my junior colleague, has pisces jupiter , untainted in 9th house with cancer lagna. But moon+saturn (R) in it. In many ways he resembles Indra gandhi! power+Money+security in life are given much priority by him.

Sad thing is that all the three charts, there is not even any inclination for spirituality, though all consult me for gains etc.

But usually jupiter R reverses its results is what KN Rao ji points. For ex, in analysing intuitive astrologer Kanad rishi bhatnagar ji's horoscope, he saw Jupiter (R) in his 8th house and said it would affect the longevity part, and it has come true.

Request you to read Yogis destiny and wheel of time of Kn rao ji, where he states how jupiter (R) acted in many seeker's charts.

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 08 Aug 2012

But usually jupiter R reverses its results is what KN Rao ji points. For ex, in analysing intuitive astrologer Kanad rishi bhatnagar ji's horoscope, he saw Jupiter (R) in his 8th house and said it would affect the longevity part, and it has come true.
''Yes it must be seen here that Jupiter is retrograde which is according to a principle of Parashari can reverse the promised results. This principle should not be overlooked in critical predictions''

Anu ji,

It depends whether jupiter retrograde reduces its purity or not! We can check actual charts.

Pl see Gandiji's horoscope in Enigmas in astrology, chapter 3.

But Charles manson serial killer, has jupiter direct with 2 benefics in libra!

Pl check Obama's jupiter and Geroge bush's!

The enlightened teacher of the west, Byron katie has jupiter (r) aspected by saturn!
Kindly see his Jupiter is in'' Gajkesari Yoga'', from Lagna, Moon , 10H and 10L, which is very rare. But still his Jupiter[R] though given the idealism[ Due to G.K Yoga] but he was not that traditional in his approach . Please see the the person having Jupiter[R] always tries to do some unconventional things.regards

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 09 Aug 2012

Anu ji, unconventional yes, but not purity.

I have seen charts with Jupiter (R) having interest in different religions and change into., like christanity to hinduism or hinduism to buddhism etc.

Why I mention charles manson is, he and Gandhi ji, both have identical gajakesari yoga, but his jupiter is direct unlike gandhiji. But Aries lagna rises and moon with saturn+rahu in makara. So these kind of combinations change the picture rather than jupiter retro.

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 09 Aug 2012

Anu ji, unconventional yes, but not purity.
:) When Rahu is pure it gives the above character when Jupiter is pure it gives respect to tradition and make the person orthodox. regards

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 09 Aug 2012

Ok, let it be rahu. :)

But purity = respect to traditions and being orthodox or purity = of good heart and unselfish deeds :wink:

jolli
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by jolli » 09 Aug 2012

Hi All

Pardon me for jumping in. But i have Jub conj Mars in 9th house aries Simha lagna. Satun is in 12 house hence aspecting both of them. Though saturn is very high degree 29 57 in gemini.

I do not confront people (No mars effect) and some times tolerate in justice. I thought may be I am lacking in inner strength etc. But upon going through this dicussion, do you think its becouse both Saturn and Jup are suppressing my Mars ??

Currently I am going through rahu Mars period.

Regards
Last edited by jolli on 04 Mar 2013, edited 1 time in total.

USR
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by USR » 10 Aug 2012

Dev
You have to see the nature of birth star also while defining the nature of the person.The lagna lord and rasi lord transit in 6/8/12 adds to the issue of the nice lady.(Sani)
USR
My suggestions are for +ve guidance.Divine blessings are ultimate.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 10 Aug 2012

Thanks USR. I agree with you. It is a holistic approach and we cannot leave out anything, if we leave, then the total wont tally ie the predictions will become wrong.

Dev

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 11 Aug 2012

by SriRama » 120812

Hey Anuradha,

Jupiter has nothing to do with convention. Jupiter just represents higher ideals like justice, altruism, reverence to god, wise counsel, devotion, saintly behavior etc irrespective of what culture the native is in. He is the one that can drill some good sense into a native That is why in South India we refer to strength of Jup as "Guru Bala" in a horoscope.

Sat has got more to do with convention and tradition as sat likes to play safe.

If these two planets are very well placed in horoscope in strength it bolsters the horoscope. The native will be endowed with good qualities and will play safe, PROVIDED other factors being equal.

Thanks,
SriRama
I have used the world '' unconventional'' for retrograde Jupiter, which means unorthodox.
conventional
adjective
Definition: 1. conforming to the usual practices of accepted standards of conduct or taste;
2. lacking originality or individuality; unimaginative and routine; 3. commonly believed to be true, but often false (conventional wisdom)

Synonyms: acknowledged, customary, endorsed, established, time-honored, commonplace, ordinary, unimaginative, routine, stereotyped, prevailing, accepted

Antonyms: unconventional, irregular, questionable, refused, rejected, abnormal, exotic, radical, strange, unorthodox

Tips: The term conventional can be used to refer to warfare, indicating non-nuclear, customary warfare. While accepted and conventional ways can be good, not thinking "outside the box" can pose limits. When someone or something defies convention, it means that established methods or thinking don't apply--it means they are unconventional. Kindly see ''Uttrakalamrit'' by sh P.S Sastri, page 132,''Jupiter is the significator of performing religious and moral act strictly''.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 12 Aug 2012

Dev,

You have talked about Sri Ramakrishna's chart. Could you please provide his birth details?
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 12 Aug 2012

Sri RamaKrishna Paramahamsa

18 Feb 1836
6 : 23 AM
Hooghly
Use L.M.T.

Lagna is Kumbha @ 3 Deg 12
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 12 Aug 2012

Yellow
It is available here, it is given as Feb 18, 1836, 6.44am
87E44
22N53
Dev

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, Deepak ji for telling me the birth details of Sri Ramakrishna--very nice of you.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, Dev, for sharing the birth details. It's very nice of you.