Greatness of Hanuman Chalisa

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Greatness of Hanuman Chalisa

Post by Saindhavi » 09 Aug 2012

Sri Rama,

Here is the entire Ramacharitamanas with Devanagari and Roman scripts and translation in English -

http://www.gitapress.org/Download_Eng_pdf.htm

PS - If you can read Devanagari, you can see the "Hindi and Sanskrit" link on top right.

Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

prateak.desai
Contributor
Contributor

Post by prateak.desai » 13 Aug 2012

Dear members
Can I chant chalisa or anything else please suggest.
Last edited by prateak.desai on 13 Aug 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 123 » 13 Aug 2012

(deleted)
Last edited by 123 on 13 Aug 2012, edited 2 times in total.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 13 Aug 2012

Prateak,

Chant any hymn for Ganesha, Lakshmi Nrisimha Karavalambam, Lakshmi Gayatri 108 times and Hanuman Chalisa.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

prateak.desai
Contributor
Contributor

Post by prateak.desai » 14 Aug 2012

Dear mam

Thank you

Kunal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kunal » 04 Sep 2012

Personally,chanting Hanuman Chalisa has helped me a lot!! It is simply one of the best and simplest of all remedies.The amount of positivity that it introduces in one's mind cannot be explained verbally.

As for Bajrang Bann ,though I dont think that I've chanted it even once but the comments quoted (from that blog article) on the first page of this thread were hard to digest ,so I went on to read the article and all the comments that followed it (72,I think)...conclusion..either the author of the article is full of ignorance or perhaps some misunderstanding...It is safe to read Bajrang Bann in my honest opinion and being skeptical about it would be foolishness.

astrolearner15
Contributor
Contributor

Post by astrolearner15 » 04 Oct 2012

Hanuman Chalisa is a great remedy, but from what I have read online, and also according to elders in my family, Bajrang Baan should not be recited as a remedy. Not sure if this is true though.

Govindaram
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Govindaram » 02 Jan 2013

I want to thank Saindhavi for showing the benefits of Hanuman chalisa!I have been reciting Hanuman Chalisa for six months, I am feeling a change in my personal habits and also in work culture and in family.Hanuman Chalisa is Great!

Jai Sriram!Jai Hanuman!

raghu

Post by raghu » 12 Feb 2013

What a great Article
Thanks for explorings for starting this topic May lord Hanuman bless you all,
Jai Hanuman -

raghu

Post by raghu » 12 Feb 2013

Anyone ever watch the Japanese TV series in the 80s called Monkey Magic ??
I wonder if the story of Hanuman travelled to China or Japan thousands of years ago.

Again Monkey served tripitaka (the buddha), had amazing strength and after watching an episode you feel you can fight the world :D

http://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=K2huJqFsFDE

rosebud0810

Post by rosebud0810 » 12 Jul 2013

I see from the posts that there are many benefits for reciting the HC. Can listening to it ina audio format (i.e. CD or DVD) offer some or any benefits?

JJDelgado

Post by JJDelgado » 25 Aug 2013

Greetings!!

Is it well done reading the Hanuman Chalisa and Chanting too? Is it the same? I usually read it and chant it, as well.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 25 Aug 2013

Rose:

Reciting, chanting or listening, all are good and have their effects. If one does not know the language or pronunciation, he can conciously listen to it with devotion in mind to Hanuman who in turn had his true and pure love and bhakti towards Rama and Sita.

Dev

akshat005

Post by akshat005 » 27 Aug 2013

Dear it is really a great article written by you, first time i saw article like this, really i liked the article and i am grateful for this blessing.

mannu_33

Post by mannu_33 » 19 Jul 2014

For all problems relating to Sade-sati, shani Dasha, Asthama Shani and Chatuth Shani, Hanuman Chalisa can be recited with devotion. Jai Hanuman !

TheSeeker

Post by TheSeeker » 05 Feb 2015

hello everyone!

am somewhat disappointed to see that this beautiful section of this forum is being less frequented nowadays. perhaps because the knowledgeable members are engaged in counselling people in other sections. but nevertheless, few others could post here from time-to-time.

i find this particular thread to be a golden one! Hanumanji is one Deity with whom i've always easily related to. i don't know about others, but the HC is one Chalisa, don't know how, but even a kid can memorise it by just reciting it for a few days, as had happened with me in my childhood. i can only think the reason(s) for its simplicity to be divine inspiration.

since past few days, the mention of Hanumanji has come up frequently while i chatted to some people. first, it was during a travel 2 weeks back with my family members. then 2 days back, i had joined a martial arts class (Eskrima classes) after a long time's gap (i've been practising martial arts on and off since childhood). pleasantly, the instructor seems to be a Lord Shiva and Hanuman devotee. on being asked, i was just telling him briefly about ongoing tussles in my life, when he plainly mentioned me to recite HC daily and about its efficacy; and now, today, i spot this thread!

i've always related to Hanumanji as my elder brother; may seem funny, but it came to me naturally, perhaps a natural predisposition/affinity in me. i can easily correlate myself with his (terrific!) qualities like steadfast devotion, focus, celibacy, physical & mental prowess, etc., etc. even saints and holy men, be they from any country/religion, known for such qualities, i find myself to be at more ease in knowing about them. but with Hanumanji, perhaps due to the childhood connection, i feel more closeness.

however, not all has been smooth and rosy. earlier in life, when i couldn't secure entry to the Nat'l Defence Academy, i stopped my more-or-less regular recitation of the HC. after some years, had another deeply affecting incident occur in life, which led me to fall in some ways, rise in some ways, and a gradual disillusionment from the world and its ho-hum affairs (and at this point its the strongest!). these 2-3 past events are some which i used to terribly lament as permanent scars in my life, but after finding solace in the books of Sri Rama, Dr. Robert E. Svoboda, Shri K.N. Rao, etc., and slowly assimilating the realities of life and karma, through understanding and self-inquiry/observation, i have come to tame the anguish and strip it of its importance and authority.

understanding of the subtle and spiritual comes very slowly, VERY slowly i guess, and most probably only to a few when compared to the whole populated earth, while for others, in some other lifetimes. i gradually started to understand and appreciate the importance of reading and chanting of scriptures, the stotras, etc., which, earlier, i either had gotten used to ignore or even consider unimportant. i started the recitation of Sri Ram Raksha Stotra since past 2-3 weeks, once a day (too less, i know), but it seems have been getting signals to resume the chanting of HC too now, after so many years. reading experiences of members here was very refreshing and encouraging! you've been experiencing the same effects/results, which i earlier THOUGHT that should arise upon regular chanting. now, even though being presently being a 'wreck' in worldly sense of the word, more than for any material reward, i wish to chant the HC for mental equipoise and protection from my Big Bro! :)

i hope people keep writing about their experiences in this thread.

Invincible16

Post by Invincible16 » 23 Oct 2017

Great thread full of gems

Respected sirs And ma'ams

Any knew will like to share experiences related to bajrang ban

ragsraval

Post by ragsraval » 24 Oct 2017

I have had amazing personal experience of Hanuman Chalisa at very young age. I was giving my 12th std exams and had Saturn and Rahu transit my moon at the same time! I didn't know about astrology back then, but i can say that I was feeling extremely nervous and used to get lot of panic attacks during final study period. My father sat me down and taught me Hanuman Chalisa. I recited it daily with lot of faith and conviction. In just 15 days all my fear slowly vanished and I started feeling confident. I gave all my exams with calm head and stood first in my college. I was able to secure an engineering seat in a very prestigious college that too on merit!

I have taken my chanting Hanuman Chalisa many times after this but could not continue it with regularity. Thanks to this thread, I will start again :)

Jai Sree Ram!

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 25 Oct 2017

Nice to read. Your real life experiences would be of great value to those who panic for different reasons.

ash2016
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ash2016 » 26 Oct 2017

Jai Shri Ram ! Jai Baba Hanuman ji !

MyHead
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by MyHead » 01 Nov 2017

Listen to this little girl named Soorya Gayathri sing HC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANk4fmRNyuE

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 04 Nov 2017

Her voice is very good, style reminiscent of MS Subbulakshmi

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 04 Nov 2017

Recently I was into a lot of travels to various places on pilgrimage. I sometimes got accommodation in unsavoury lodges to spend the night in, all alone. On one of those nights, rather unusually, I felt a bit scared, as thoughts of ghosts and robbers flirted through my mind. It was that kind of lonely place, as the residence also had poor lighting, very poor ventilation (making me feel claustrophobic), far away from other houses. Sitting there alone, as it went past midnight, I suddenly remembered HC and recited it aloud once, and heard it through YouTube a few times. Soon enough I got bold again, and got a good sleep as well (a rare thing on those days of intense travel). Mars is my 12th Lord too. The next day morning I woke up to a new, different world.... Sunlight never felt so welcome!!

justchill
Contributor
Contributor

Post by justchill » 21 Jan 2019

Anytime I get scared or sense trouble or while traveling I start reciting it in my mind. On many occasions I have experienced the protection of this prayer.

I taught my at that time 4 year old to say the Manojavam marutatulya vegam shlokam. As she used to be prone to getting hurt and getting sick I used to make her say it. One day she wasn’t able to say it and Forgetting lines and I had to say to make her say. I was deeply upset as I wasn’t pure at the time. But I saw that day that he saved me. It was a very cold day. I dropped my 4 year old at the preschool. She was late and was coughing and having breathing issues. We waited outside in the cold till someone opened the gate and let her in. Worrying and thinking about her I got to the car. Then my mind blacked out due to lack of enough blood I guess. Then I got back to my I realized I was on the wrong side of the road after taking a left turn while exiting from the preschool I quickly got out safely but I’m sure people waiting at the signal might have been shocked to see me driving like that. As soon as I got out I only thought of Shri hanumanji how he made me take his name and just protected me that day. I couldn’t stop crying.

This thread has brought me back to it. I need to start doing the Shri Hanuman chalisa at least once daily.

Sri rama raksha !