Greatness of Hanuman Chalisa

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
chota bheem
Re: Greatness of Hanuman Chalisa

Post by chota bheem » 26 Jun 2012

dear readers and writers

are there any prohibited times for chanting the hanuman chalisa?
i would really like to know this.

thanks for great info

regards
CB

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 27 Jun 2012

HC can be chanted at any time. For women, like all other mantras, it should not be chanted during the monthly limitations.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 27 Jun 2012

PS to Explorings - You can play the video and listen to Hanuman Chalisa when you're not clean - this is for men as well as women.

Same goes for all hymns.

It's best to download the video and play from the hard disk, so that it doesn't stop while playing. Focus your attention on the recording while listening and stay within the range of the sound.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

chota bheem

Post by chota bheem » 28 Jun 2012

OK
THANK YOU EXPLORINGS!

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 28 Jun 2012

Sine:

Doesn't bagalamukhi paath require initiation prior to its regular recitation?

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sinecurve » 29 Jun 2012

explorings wrote:Sine:

Doesn't bagalamukhi paath require initiation prior to its regular recitation?
Yes Sir, Thats pretty much same for all tantrik devi sadhna.

What I do daily is the mahamantra or the mool mantra of Baglamukhi, which under guidance I started during Navdurga in 2010 and did it few thousand times in 8 days. After that I do it just 11 or 108 times as time permits.

To my limited knowledge, there are no such restrictions with normal durga path or durga saptashati.

Please let me know your views.
'वक्त से पहले और मुक़द्दर् से ज्यादा किसी को कुछ नहीं मिलता' - Neither before time nor beyond destiny, would you attain anything !

Hari76

Post by Hari76 » 30 Jun 2012

Dear Explorings,

Thank you for opening this wonderful thread. I too am keen to make chanting HC a daily practice. But after the initial enthusiasm, breaks start coming in between.

I have read somewhere that HC should not be chanted during the twilight period, as in that period Hanuman would be immersed in worshipping Sri Rama. Also in another place I read that HC is best read between 9 AM and 9 PM. Is this correct?

Hari

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sinecurve » 30 Jun 2012

Hari76 wrote:Dear Explorings,

Thank you for opening this wonderful thread. I too am keen to make chanting HC a daily practice. But after the initial enthusiasm, breaks start coming in between.

I have read somewhere that HC should not be chanted during the twilight period, as in that period Hanuman would be immersed in worshipping Sri Rama. Also in another place I read that HC is best read between 9 AM and 9 PM. Is this correct?

Hari
:) Half of India / world is in office by 9 - 9:30 AM. anyways...

Prayers are best suggested early morning after bath because you are all fresh, energetic and with better blood circulation...and what could be a better start for the day than remembering almighty ?

Breaks imply that prayers are working...negative energies might try to stop you ..but have faith and continue HC...again preferably in the morning after bath.

have you ever checked your palm early morning during sunrise...every line is clearly visible and distinct, which you will not see during the day. Traditional palmists always asked you to visit them very early in the morning...and they will tell you things you wouldnt find out other ways.

People have formed the habit of suiting prayers / God according to their lifestyle and convenience, of what works best for them. I dont disagree to it since you could remember God any time any where in any form. But when you preach it...try to tell the natives of what was initially stated in scriptures and what everyone followed for ages.
'वक्त से पहले और मुक़द्दर् से ज्यादा किसी को कुछ नहीं मिलता' - Neither before time nor beyond destiny, would you attain anything !

ila
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ila » 30 Jun 2012

Sine,
have you ever checked your palm early morning during sunrise...every line is clearly visible and distinct, which you will not see during the day. Traditional palmists always asked you to visit them very early in the morning...and they will tell you things you wouldnt find out other ways.
this is intresting....so what you are telling basically is that if u do not get a reading early in the morning , then it would be inaccurate ...but does not the lines change periodically...so how reliable is palmistry...vis a vis other systems ?

have you got such readings done? it would be best to say what you have not tried :D

regards,

ila

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sinecurve » 30 Jun 2012

ila wrote:Sine,
this is intresting....so what you are telling basically is that if u do not get a reading early in the morning , then it would be inaccurate ...but does not the lines change periodically...so how reliable is palmistry...vis a vis other systems ?

have you got such readings done? it would be best to say what you have not tried :D

regards,

ila
:) Ok...where did I say inaccurate ? I was talking 'bout more precision since better visibility. Anyways...Let me rephrase it for you -

1) Normally visible lines are more colorful and distinct early morning.
2) There are fine lines which are not visible during the day are also visible during early morning.

Simple reason is better blood circulation. So for an expert palm reader who is detailed and knows the subject well could give better and MORE accurate predictions, which he might find difficult during rest of the day.

I do palm reading so i know. Hope that helps !

ila
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ila » 01 Jul 2012

ok got it sine :D ....

btw for you, what works better ? astrology or palmistry ? do you also do i ching, tarot ....

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 02 Jul 2012

Hari76 wrote:Dear Explorings,

Hari
I again repeat HC can be chanted anytime as long as you are clean.

radhikasingh

Post by radhikasingh » 04 Jul 2012

HC is great and perfect thing to chant and get all evils in ur life to be removed...................I had experienced many times...................JAI SRI RAM.

tripura
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tripura » 14 Jul 2012

Oh yeah Hanuman chalisa can be chanted anytime after bath, but not before bath. that is a must.I do sunderkand kand at 12 noon almost everyday. mostly it is around abhijit mahurat and lord Rama was born in abhijit mahurat. and yeah saindhaviji the Ram Raksha stotram is marvellous. it was great and there r so many versions of it on utube. Most of all i like the poetry of all the prayers connected to Ramji and Hanumanji.Valmikiji and Tulsidasji must be such great bhakts of God to bring out their devotion so beautifully. Im going to add Ram Raksha stotram to my daily prayers.
tripura

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 15 Jul 2012

If one cannot chant the entire sunderkhand in one day, they can do it on a weekly basis or do a pariharam of reading few chapters everyday. Sunderkhand followed by HC works miracles and is the best remedy for any planetary afflictions.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 15 Jul 2012

The best thing about Hanuman Chalisa is that it gives mental courage to face difficult situations and circumstances. Courage is one of the qualities required in this Kali yuga, otherwise you will be bossed over and exploited by others.
Due to his true unconditional devotion towards Lord Rama, he had immense powers and so when we read with full faith he bestows powers to us.
I have known software persons being asked to make presentations in a group and they became nervous and shivered in their presentations which harmed them in their career initially but after chanting of Hanuman chalisa, they found tremendous courage in them and faced such situations boldly and became successful.
It only needs recitation with faith

Dev

tripura
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tripura » 15 Jul 2012

Devji u r right. I used to chant HC on and off for the past 20 years and my husband regularly twice a day for the past 32 yrs.I used to always avoid situations when things become rough, but since I hav been doing sunderkand everyday followed by Hanuman chalisa and aarti , I feel i face the situations bravely, in fact someone told me whats the matter with u, u dont hesitate to fight back, in fact people now back off. Previousli i sed to let it pass not if I feel im right i will fight back even attack, sometimes i myself feel surprised later. and i feel healthwise also it has helped me and my mind is very very calm. I guess in a way its the discipline. u sit for almost 2.30 hours to do it. it teaches patience too and im very energetic too, dont get tired much. I started Sunderkand last diwali and its like 8 months now.and i like doing it.some of the dohas r absolute gems.
tripura

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Tripura
Thanks for sharing your experience. This aspect of giving mental strength is most important since U can face several such situations in office, with troubling inlaws, husband etc. I am aware of a lady who suffered in the hands of mother in law and used to behave like a slave, then she was suggested HC and within few months, her nature changed and she became and is totally different and now her in law is very careful in her talks with her.
Also when you boldly speak out , your mind is clear and you are free. I know of several people who are unable to face the boss, and tackle the problems created by him but come out and talk badly about him but it is such people who should chant HC so that they get mental strength to answer him appropriately.
It is automatically parihara for mars and saturn.
Dev

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 15 Jul 2012

Sunderakhand links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCOIyuNakjQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUbZl9BZOlw

Sunderkhand should end with HC and Hanuman aarti.... if you cannot read it daily... you can do a pariharam of reading few chapters/dohas everyday. Alternatively, you can read it once in a week preferably on Tue/Sat.

tripura
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tripura » 15 Jul 2012

I follow somnath Sharmas Sunderkand.its really good.
tripura

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Tripura:

Is there a link to it, if so u may attach it for the benefit of those who may use them.
Dev

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 16 Jul 2012

The second link above is for Somnath Sharmas Sunderakhand.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUbZl9BZOlw)

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 16 Jul 2012

Thanks Exploring.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 09 Aug 2012

Sri Rama,

Here is the entire Ramacharitamanas with Devanagari and Roman scripts and translation in English -

http://www.gitapress.org/Download_Eng_pdf.htm

PS - If you can read Devanagari, you can see the "Hindi and Sanskrit" link on top right.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

prateak.desai
Contributor
Contributor

Post by prateak.desai » 13 Aug 2012

Dear members
Can I chant chalisa or anything else please suggest.
Last edited by prateak.desai on 13 Aug 2012, edited 1 time in total.