astrology softwares

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: astrology softwares

Post by astro123 » 17 Dec 2011

neetia wrote:What is the best vedic astrology software today. People recommending me Jagannath Hora or Parashar light. I am confused. Which one to work with.
Both are equally good

Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 17 Dec 2011

:) One is free, The other you have to pay for. Each has its + and minus points.
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

sandhya1

Post by sandhya1 » 17 Dec 2011

What is it in Parashara light that is not in Jhora Astroboy? Any example..?
Thanks...

Talib
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Talib » 17 Dec 2011

I have both Sandy, For me Prashara light is more convinient and easy to use. Though JHORA has more features i guess, which are helpful for advance astrologers only.

now imagine the difference when one is for commercial use and one is free of cost.

Love
Talib
Dance of the Divine is "Thoughtless"

sandhya1

Post by sandhya1 » 17 Dec 2011

Jhora is free and has more features talib...?

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 20 Dec 2011

I have both Sandy, For me Prashara light is more convinient and easy to use
I agree Talib. regards
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

rajatmalhotra2008
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rajatmalhotra2008 » 07 Jun 2012

I am learning astrology and I have Jaganath Hora.. but i dont know how to use it :(
Can anyone help me

rathodp
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rathodp » 07 Jun 2012

Jhora wont give you any automated predictions like the other softwares give.

You can find an inbuilt tutorial and a vedic astrology text book written by the author of the software.

Prakruthi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Prakruthi » 27 Nov 2012

I use both JHora and PL. JHora helps me in easily calculating the AL, HL, GL, SL etc and also JHora's got wide range of ayanamsas and ashtaka varga calculation options that one can experiment with.

For example, I find the ashtaka varga calculation by consolidating the houses from references very very interesting and it makes a lot of sense to me.

Here is an article on the same by Shri. P.V.R. Narasimha Rao.

www(dot)jyotish-blog(dot)[NO EXTERNAL LINKS PLEASE](dot)de/2005/03/ashtakavarga-research.html

please replace(dot) in the above link by . to read it.

Regards,
Prakruthi

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 08 Feb 2014

Prakruthi wrote:I use both JHora and PL. JHora helps me in easily calculating the AL, HL, GL, SL etc and also JHora's got wide range of ayanamsas and ashtaka varga calculation options that one can experiment with.

For example, I find the ashtaka varga calculation by consolidating the houses from references very very interesting and it makes a lot of sense to me.

Here is an article on the same by Shri. P.V.R. Narasimha Rao.

www(dot)jyotish-blog(dot)[NO EXTERNAL LINKS PLEASE](dot)de/2005/03/ashtakavarga-research.html

please replace(dot) in the above link by . to read it.

Regards,
Prakruthi
Thanks for the link!

Couple of suggestions for users of Parashara's Light.
1. I use PVR's suggestions in this manner. I have a excel sheet with the houses represented by columns and the 8 sources (sun to lagna) as rows. In the 8r x 12c matrix, I enter the values which adds up automatically by a formula for adding values in the 9th row. I have added another row for the SAV values calculated by the software in the traditional computation. Then I use the Prasthara work screen of PL and enter the numbers in the matrix. This gives me both the PVR values and the PL values for comparison. I use prasthara screen because the houses are arranged based on the natal planet position. So if Saturn is Capricorn, its table will show cap in the first column, if moon is in pisces, then pisces will appear in the first column of its table, as opposed to the BAV work-screen which gives charts but oriented from the ascendant, no matter which planet etc (standard calculation format!)

Users of JHora would not need this, of course :-)

2. In PL if you have customized a work-sheet for your study or use, and if it has one cell with the dasa and a neigbouring cell with Animated Transits, it comes in pretty handy. If you are studying, say SUN-Moon-mars period of time. Right-clicking on the dasa levels within the cells and then choosing the update animated transit option in the menu box that pops up, will give you the chart for the moment of starting of the dasa, bhukti, pratyantar etc depending on how many levels you have chosen to display. Pretty helpful option!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan

realtimepredictions

Post by realtimepredictions » 27 Jun 2016

jhora it is for me.
The ease with which dasas and antradasas can be seen while clicking on the dasas is nice n also tht u can have 6 charts opened at once.
and also lot of different options for research of your own.
best part its free:)

Sreyomaya
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Sreyomaya » 30 Jul 2019

I am using JH. It is free and easy to use (atleast for me) than many other softwares in the market. For learners it provides more options to work. Read the book available in the software (click on book icon in the software) and learn some basics then start practicing.

Naveen
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Naveen » 13 Jan 2021

You also go with Astroyogi Application which you can find on google play and iOS app store they 2000+ best top astrologers. You can also chat with astrologer
Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... one.advice
iOS Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/astroyogi ... 20580?ls=1

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KMD » 12 Feb 2021

Hi,

I use AstroSage Kundli and JyotishApp applications. Both are quite convenient.

Regards,
KMD