The Use of Divisional Charts in Dasha Analysis

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
birthtimes
The Use of Divisional Charts in Dasha Analysis

Post by birthtimes » 05 Dec 2011

I like the article with this title dated August 14, 2006, here on this forum. I especially like the last paragraph...

"By consulting the divisional charts we are able to gain more confidence in our initial interpretation of the natal chart. For this reason, it is always recommended that no predictions should be made without consulting at least the Navamsha chart, and preferably other divisional charts relevant to the queries at hand, as well. For instance, for career questions, the dashamsha chart is consulted in addition to the Navamsha and Rasi charts, as shown in this example."

Similar to the example referred to in this article, I began the 17-year mahadasha of Mercury in late February of 1999. Mercury in my rasi chart is located in the 5th House along with Ketu. Mercury rules the 9th and 12th Houses.

In my navamsha chart, Mercury is located in the 1st House, and again rules the 9th and 12th Houses. Ketu is vargottama.

In my dashamsha chart, Mercury is again in the 5th House, along with the Sun (11). Here for the third time, Mercury rules the 9th and 12th Houses. Ketu is in Gemini in the 9th House.

I include Ketu in this example because its 7-year mahadasha will immediately commence upon the ending of Mercury's mahadasha in late February 2016. Thus, it too is very important in analysis of prediction probabilities.

At the beginning of Mercury mahadasha, I was working as a social worker. Six years later, I began my first term of service at a spiritual community which may soon be more indicative of a "permanent" vocation...

narayanbhatt
Contributor
Contributor

Re: The Use of Divisional Charts in Dasha Analysis

Post by narayanbhatt » 29 May 2012

Not only that we should also look vimpoksa bala and shad bala to test planet strength .

This are also crucial before reaching any conclusion
Regards,
Narayan bhatt

Patriot
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Patriot » 16 Jul 2012

Hi Narayanbhatt,

What if the planet is well placed in D1 with good Vimpoksa & Shadhbala score but debiliated in D9 achieving neecha banga & is with Guru.

how to interpret this.

Regards,

narayanbhatt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by narayanbhatt » 19 Jul 2012

As vimpoksa bala is calculated by testing planet in all divisional charts .

But still if planet is debilitated in D9 then by following remedies for that planet we can strengthen that in its dasa or antardasa

Patriot
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Patriot » 27 Jul 2012

so you mean to say overall there will be some problems but can be overcame with remedies.

Regards,
Patriot

narayanbhatt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by narayanbhatt » 27 Jul 2012

Dear ,

Yes, at least magnitude and intensity of problems can be reduced but cannot be finished fully.

Patriot
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Patriot » 27 Jul 2012

Sir,

Can we expect problems related to relationships if it is debilitated in navamsa?

narayanbhatt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by narayanbhatt » 29 Jul 2012

If 7th and 5th house related planet is malefic in birth chart and in navmasa also planet is losing strength .

Then issues might erupt in relationship.

Moreover look Jupiter and Venus also as Jupiter signify husband in female chart and venus signifies wife in male chart .

Test there strength also in D-9