latest article: Dealing wih the Future

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Basab
latest article: Dealing wih the Future

Post by Basab » 20 Oct 2007

hello Vaughnji,
the latest article "Dealing with the Future" is very contradictory to the article "The Acceptance of 'What Is'". could you please explain.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: latest article: Dealing wih the Future

Post by Dev » 29 Dec 2010

The Acceptance of what is" really helps a person to end the never ending tensions in his mind....Peace of mind is more important than running after wildly after worldly desires...No matter how much you keep on fulfilling material desires, your mind will still run after more and more....It is better to be content with what you have...

"Dealing with the future" tells us about the importance of astrology...After all, this is what this super science is all about....

Very well said, indeed, Aseem :lol: :lol:

Basab

Post by Basab » 30 Dec 2010

Thank you for your explanation, Aseem.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 30 Dec 2010

Dear Mahesh:

I dont think anyone would aspire for moksha if he has peace of mind, he would only try to achieve for more even while following Gita(atleast some) and people like Ramanar are one in may be 100 billion. Noone would really aspire for moksha staight away since they could be afraid of it. Only a person who is totally dharmic may aspire for it but majority are not so(I mean totally dharmic, some dharma may be there but here I say about ideal case-100% dharmic). Even those who have a troubled life in some form or the other may not from the heart of hearts aspire for moksha. They may say so due to frustrations but in reality they would only want that they have some problems and their wishes be fulfilled and they be born again without any deficiencies and as a more lucky person. In fact I would say, each person would think, See I did not have money, a married life, children, money, education, status, etc. I should have that atleast in my next janma. This is a natural feeling for man since he knows only about this world and would only want to be reborn here but without much problems.
To think of moksha, one needs to leave off all his desires, otherwise outwardly, he may still talk of moksha, even out of frustration like-Oh God, I dont want to live anymore, take me to u but that may not come from within. He may even ask for a boon from God to give him all facilities he needs here and may even ask for living eternally but happily :lol: :lol:.
IMO this would be the behaviour of the majority of the people
Dev

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 31 Dec 2010

Dear Mahesh:

I agree with you that Budha, saint Tyagaraja wanted only moksha. They had peace of mind only by thinking of the devine but not in materialistic life. Tyagaraja had indicated in his kritis that he was worried why people were after money, after women and so on. So was Budha, who was pained at the death of people.

Yes, I fully agree with u that there is a stage after N-numbers of cycles that he gets bored of wordly matters like wealth, fame and the number N depends on person to person, their depth of wishes.

Yes, Krishna lived a life of indepth spirituality only to show people the way.
Yes, he convinced Arjuna not to give up but to compete and fight.

I fully agree with you on all those points and also that One has to work for
it, face the hurdles patiently, sustain the peace of mind time to time with the help Geeta etc.

But what I meant above all these was that most of us are not in a matured state as Tyagaraja or Budha and we do have aspirations and we are in the maya state most of the time. Sometimes we may realise that we should not have kaam, krodh, lob etc but then we fall into it soon. May be with time, with experience, the number of times we fall is reduced. The longer we have the awareness, the better we are in self realisation and this takes a very long time, may be several births. We may all be in different steps in the ladder but no one is probably ready to reach the summit.

See we need to give up one by one. Every thing is a learning process. We are in the materialistic maya first and first of all we need to get away from that to get deeper into spirituality. Both coexisting is possible, but leads to confused state. Like we may fault in terms of friends and realise they are not true, make a wrong choice in purchases, in investments etc. Then when we have shocks, we realise we should not aspire for too much and calm down. We may be arrogant and when some problem arises, we think we should get rid of ego. When we someone die, we realise this is true for anyone and noone can escape death. It gives us some humility then and then we again get back into maya. The more the experiences, the more realised we would become and falling into maya would take longer time. Initially in no time, we may fall into it and then a stage comes when we dont fall at all but that will be several janmas depending on each individual as u say.
But still people ask in the forum if it is their last birth. I wonder if such realised souls would even ask this question because if this were to be the last birth, they would already be close to that realisation state and nothing would bother them. They would not feel to ask such a question, is it not?
Dev

Basab

Post by Basab » 31 Dec 2010

p.mahesh wrote:One can maintain peace of mind and run for more desires. There is nothing wrong. That is why things like Bhagavdgita were created.
Mahesh,

You are wrongly interpreting Gita here. Sri Ramakrishna had said once that the word "Gita" repeated 10 times continously sounds like the word "Tyaga", which means renunciation, and according to him, that is the essence of Gita, to renounce everything for God.

Krishna asked Arjuna to fight, but he also said to Arjuna that do your duty with a sense of detachment--do your work byut surrender the fruits of that work to Him. So when a person tries to fulfill his material desires but at the same time says he is following what the Gita says is a hypocrite or he understood Gita for his own convenience.

There is nothing wrong in wishing to fulfill your material desires, but then, saying that Gita supports it is wrong. I have read Gita recently, and I don't think there is any scope of confusion in what it says.
Last edited by Basab on 31 Dec 2010, edited 1 time in total.

sanjayk1265
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanjayk1265 » 31 Dec 2010

Yes Buddha you left your kingdom in search of truth
After seeing some sick person on your way
Yes Buddha Today my father is sick and my self
My wife going to office leaving him on mercy of nurse
Yes Buddha you saw a dead person also
But I was not able to see my dead grandpa
Because I was too busy due to work
Buddha you left your wife to seek truth
My wife is still pretty how to leave her
You left your son but I can not leave my son
I have so many unfulfilled dreams
That my son will fulfill for me
But still Buddha I need you I don’t know why.
If you can not ignore an insult laugh at it, if you can not laugh at it you probably deserved it.

sanjayk1265
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanjayk1265 » 31 Dec 2010

In my house there is a fish tank
With so many beautiful fishes
My friends will come to see them
Some will appreciate some will be jealous
My cat also sees fishes with saliva in her mouth
On my promotion I organize a party in house
My friends was drinking enjoying
But due to oil spill in sea there was no fishes in market
My friends wanted to eat fish
That became my prestige issue
I taken out biggest & most expensive fish
To whom my son loves too much
We roasted it & eat it with whisky & soda
My friends praised me a lot my ego was satisfied
Remnant of fish I thrown to cat
Morning I saw cat never touched remnant of fish
And from that day I never see my cat
If you can not ignore an insult laugh at it, if you can not laugh at it you probably deserved it.

Basab

Post by Basab » 31 Dec 2010

Mahesh,

Please don't mind, but are you serious about what you are saying? I really wonder. Detachment doesn't mean give-up, I agree, but you can't detach yourself if you have desires. Desires are attachment to material things.

Giving up is not an easy process, that you say today you give up, and you have given up. No one can give up just like that, even if he tries to. And Gita is a book, which teaches the various methods which one may employ to get renunciation.

Sri Krishna was a karma yogi. Karma yogi is a person who keeps on doing his duty, detaching himself from its fruits. A person who has his eyes on the fruits, that is a person who has desires, how can he be a karma yogi?

Please, don't make people get a wrong understanding of Gita. Please quote some lines from there, which supports what you are telling. Let me quote a few lines from Gita for you about what Krishna said about his doing work:

"O son of Prtha, there is no work prescribed for Me within all the three planetary systems. Nor am I in want of anything, nor have I a need to obtain anything--and yet I am engaged in prescribed duties." (3.22)

And let me tell you what karma yoga means as per Gita:

"Therefore without being attached to the fruits of activities, one should act as a matter of duty, for by working without attachment one attains the Supreme." (3.19)

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 31 Dec 2010

Thanks Mahesh,

I completely agree. U are Absolutely right. I appreciate ur knowledge in spirituality. :lol: :lol:

Dev

Basab

Post by Basab » 01 Jan 2011

Mahesh,

I am not taking the literal meaning of the Gita. The Gita I have read has an explanation for every sloka there, and so I understood what it said very well. In many places in the explanations there are mention of people like you, who make their own interpretation of the holy book, for their own convenience, so I am not at all surprised by the explanation you have given. Anyway, stay happy with your belief. Just one more thing I would like to say: don't comment so confidently about a book, which you have not read: you have not read Gita as you yourself have said.

Basab

Post by Basab » 02 Jan 2011

Hey Mahesh,

I am sorry, I was rude in my last two posts to you. I felt what you said was wrong, but then, I am no one to judge you. Everyone has the right to have their own beliefs, whether right or wrong, and I can be wrong too. Sorry once again. My best wishes to you too.