Astrologist versus Astrologer

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
ProfessorPyareLal
Contributor
Contributor
Location:Aberdeen https://mp3wale.info/uploads/file/57d6d248d2030.mp3
Astrologist versus Astrologer

Post by ProfessorPyareLal » 30 Aug 2020

Overall, both lead to the same meaning - well, almost!

These are my personal thoughts (based upon how they seem to sound!) :

logist - is someone who studies a subject and more importantly imbibes or collects for ownself or community but may or may not utilise the subject knowledge.

loger - sounds/seems more like verb or some sort of a go-getter or kind of a reach(er) out to society at large.

ist - follower of certain study principles or rules.

er - more to do with profession.

Hence,
Astrologist can be more of a scholar who studies and collects knowledge/information/skills about astrology as a subject.

Whereas,,
Astrologer can be a consultant who reaches out and offers/provides astrological service and solutions to a seeker/client based upon his knowledge, skills and experience.

It's about how the knowledge and skills are utilised - astrologist is about collecting knowledge (more for theoretical purpose) versus astrologer is about utilising knowledge and skills (more for practical purpose).

However, as mentioned earlier, there's a very thin line of differentiation between the two and there's every chance of overlapping, so much so, that I feel it depends on individual perspectives!

"..ये तो अभी हैं मेरा छोटा सा करिश्मा.."

https://wishes2.com/StellarMoments

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Astrologist versus Astrologer

Post by KMD » 12 Feb 2021

Hi,

Going by the above definition, I may be called an astrologist :-)

Regards,
KMD

hamid

Re: Astrologist versus Astrologer

Post by hamid » 23 Jun 2021

I fall under Astrologist definition,
But I offer free consultation,
Does it change the defination for me