Help to find my Kuladevatha

Any other questions not listed above.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
ashbunty
Re: Help to find my Kuladevatha

Post by ashbunty » 15 Aug 2012

Dear Sir,
I am Ashish Sharma.
DOB: 30th January 1979
TOB: 22.40hrs
POB: Raipur (Chattisgarh) India
Kindly tell me My Kuladev/Kuladevi or Istadev/Ishtadevi.
But since childhood my inclination has been towards Lord Shiv Shankar.
Is he the one?

If Its Up To Me, Its Up To Be..!

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 16 Aug 2012

Dear ashbunty,

If you have a natural inclination from child hood towards a particular god,then it is better to continue worshiping him/her.It is not advisable to change things mid way.

regards
ramanan

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 29 Jan 2013

Dear jgseshu ji ,

It is the holy mother for all material purposes and lord shiva for all spiritual needs if you are a shaivite. In case you are a vaishnavite then it is Krishna and Rama for the same.

Regards
ramanan

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 29 Jan 2013

Dear kribanidhi,

It is Maha Lakshmi for all material needs and Vishnu for spirituality.

Regards
ramanan

nandhamnk

Post by nandhamnk » 11 May 2013

Dear Ramanan sir,

Request your help in identifying my Kula deivam.Given below both myself and brother date of birth.
Can you please help and tell us how it is identified.

Name:Nandakumar
DOB:26-Sep-1979
time & Place:14:55,chennai

Name:Sasikumar
DOB:23-5-1976
Time & Place:01:35 AM,chennai

Thanks in advance

nandhamnk

Post by nandhamnk » 14 May 2013

Dear All,

Can anyone help on the above subject please!

Shraddha
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Shraddha » 16 May 2013

Dear Ramananji,

I am new on this forum. Can you please tell if after marriage, husband's kuldevata will become mine also. Or both husband and wife should pray to their own kuldevatas? Can you please tell our kuldevatas?
Myself: DOB- 20th feb, 1974, 6:45pm, nainital
Husband: DOB- 15th March, 1973, 11:23 pm, saharanpur

Thanks!!

rao_mocherla
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rao_mocherla » 06 Jun 2013

Dear friends,

1. Kanchi Maha swami and parama charya sri Sri Sri Chandra sekar a Saraswathy gave a lecture on identifying the family deity. The related article was published in 1998 or a little bit earlier in the Astrological Magazine, by late dr b.v. Raman. One year earlier dr Nimai banerjee, the chief editor of the p,lantes & forecast , from Cuttack also published,

2 . Few years earlier I had come acros about the same subject. The direction came through intuition when I was doing my morning gayatri manthram. The said incident took place accidentally...one unknown person came in car and desturbed me by demanding solution to his serious problem. I could not refuse because he was an executive in state bank.

3. He ignored the family deity completely , used to visit tirumala every year on January 1st, and once in six months he used to visit shiridi. hehad strained relations with his old 90 plus years mother, so could not contact her and ask. I advised him to go to the village where his grand father lived, contact the temple priest he will guide as they maintain record annually or auspicious occasions which deity the have to pray, the proceedure to be followed...everything the temple priest used to write in a book for future reference of their clan. The old family priest asked him to contact his mother as shehad bitter experience inthe family problems. Accordingly he went...and contacted his mother for the same purpose. She replied that one day a soul of lord Venkateswara came on her body and replied that "when your family deity is putting his leg across, what we can do, first get prasannam of your family deity, then we can help..here we means other spiritual deities. He went to his family deity place and promissed that he will bring his daughter and would be son in law to the said temple within 16 day's from the marriage . Within3 months excellent match came and performed marriage . By ignoring family deity from the beginning , his greediness played vital role in this. On 16th day there was skidding of scooter, both bride's father and bride fallen. Bride escaped with minor injuries and bride's father had right hand fracture in a very vulnerable point, that led to take voluntary retirement.

4. The mistic powers of deities And spirits are very difficult to understand and explain. It is to be experienced that's all

5. One must go through these articles to understand the family deity''s power,and to get good results or reduce the seriousness of problems that a person/s suffering.

6 .the moderators of the forum can request the editors of the magazine to reprint the said articles for the benifits of readers.

Thanks,
Rao.07/06/13

Thanks,
Rao, 07/06/13
's

nandhamnk

Post by nandhamnk » 06 Jun 2013

It would be help us if moderators post links to the articles.

Shraddha
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Shraddha » 22 Jun 2013

Just for information of LOVA Members:
In north India, each village (kul) has their own devatas, mostly on the outskirts of the village or in the farmlands they do agriculture in. They are just known as devatas (small stone idols housed in very small concrete mounds(not temples). If you ask someone, no one, not even the priest in the village would know the name of those devatas. They have been there for centuries but are not named. They are just called village devatas and one has to reach the fields physically to access devatas and offer prayers. People offer prayers as a ritual, and return without ever knowing the name of the devatas. You cannot ask the name of your kul devatas sitting long distance (because they don't have a name, so no one would know). These things might be different in the South where people would know the names of their kul dieties or can come to know by asking their parents or relatives.

rao_mocherla
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rao_mocherla » 22 Jun 2013

Sir,
What you said is related to Grama devatha. It prevents plague, cholera , and other poisonous dirties. When outsider enters into a village we have to pay respects or offerprayers to gramadevatha. It is old village custom. Read Annamaacharya life history. It always confers good to all people live in that village. And protect their crops, pet animals. Now those days gone. No village person is doing it and they are paying the price for it.Rao,22/06/13

Shraddha
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Shraddha » 22 Jun 2013

Thanks for the information Raoji. And every newly married boy offers pooja to his paitrak village devatas(with his wife). In fact, the only time I have seen families going to pray to the devatas, is when the boy arrives in his paternal village with his bride after the marriage. This is a mandatory post marriage ritual in all villages from the Brahmin community where I come from. Outsiders do not have to offer pooja there.... Only if you belong to that village either by birth or by marriage, you can offer pooja there. And each and every family in the village will pray to those devatas only. No other devata pooja is done in their homes. Those that have moved out from villages to the cities and have adopted the larger Hindu vedic rituals also perform Satyanarayan swami pooja, lingam worship or devi pooja as per their beliefs. The original people in the village are not doing any diety worship. These rituals/beliefs are very different from one part of India to another and no universal tradition or nomeclature of the aradhya applies. That's the beauty of Hinduism.

rao_mocherla
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rao_mocherla » 22 Jun 2013

Dear sir

1. the purpose of Grama devatha Is the same, in Maha Bharatham written by Vyasa Maharishi there is mention of gramadevatha and a Pooja to it confers success to the person. Lastly I came across in Gazeteer of Nellore district, wherein it was mentioned during the drought in andhra an madras east coast...75 to 80 per cent domistic animals and human beings died, at hat time British people were ruling this countr. British government separately allotted huge amounts for performing poojas to the Grama devathas. Grama devatha must be given importance in our life. The practice quoted by you is very great and I say it is excellent. We should follow without fail. In andhra coastal the practice you said is now confined to the villagers. Modernity is slowly erasing this practice.

2. In my last post I have not mentioned small pox, chicken pox.

Grama devatha ...we must always do Pooja .
Thanks,
Rao22/06/13

vats75
Contributor
Contributor

res.Ramanan ji - Help to find my Kuladevatha

Post by vats75 » 27 Jun 2013

res sir
plz tell d ishtdevta of these two charts for1) spiritual and 2) day to day problems.both Taurus ascendant.

13 nov 75
19:22
Indore

22 july 71
1:40 am
Indore
regards and thank u so much
This too shall pass.

rao_mocherla
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rao_mocherla » 09 Aug 2013

Sir, please read my replies my replies on page 4 and to raj77. Make amendments in suitable manner and act accordingly. Or please make attempt to which deity your grand father , prayed..-and inthe manner in which he done ? Try to know it perfectly. And give reply...Rao. 9/8/13

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 09 Aug 2013

Dear linges,

Can you try and give me the exact co ordinates of their birth place because Malaysia is vast country.

Regards
ramanan

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 10 Aug 2013

Dear linges,

It is rudra or shri hanuman for all materialistic purposes and Maha Lakshmi for all spiritual needs.

Regards
rAMANAN