Everything is Predetermined

Any other questions not listed above.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Everything is Predetermined

Post by Shivoham » 24 Jun 2019

Ramana Maharshi:

Free will exists together with the individuality. As long as the individuality lasts, so long is there free will. All the scriptures are based on this fact and advise directing the free will in the right channel.

Find out who it is who has free will or predestination and abide in that state. Then both are transcended. That is the only purpose in discussing these questions.

To whom do such questions present themselves? Discover that and be at peace.

There's only infinite present. No past, no future. Everything is predetermined. It is because there is nobody to determine it because there is no "you" in the equation. So everything must already be determined by god, god predetermined himself, including you coping with the fact that everything is predetermined.

"You" still have an impact on the world. If "you" decides to stop enlightenment work and decides that nothing matters anyways, youre still gonna have a miserable existence as a consequence of your actions. Nothing predetermined there. As long there is "someone" that has to cope with something there is still "one" that has impact in the world.

The only problem is, you are not this entity. You dont exist, so you have no impact on the world. The world just runs by itself

does a character in a story have any choice about what his next action will be? or is it dictated by the author of the story who is outside of the story-world?

reality is the same. there are seemingly real characters making choices here and there... but when it is seen and understood that the characters are being played by actors... then it is seen that there was never any free will and all happened as it was destined to.

From the absolute perspective, nothing is actually happening. there is no choice even being made. we only have the illusion of choice, and therefore you will always have choice, but nothing is predetermined,

if you count yourself as one with the absolute - there is no perspective in which you can take that you individually own

if you count yourself as a seperate individual from the absolute - then you have the perspective that you have choice, both are true in the end.

when people start to believe things are predetermined, they think that everything is spritual and is working its way towards some great mission in life which is another illusion,

forever for eternity, nothing is actually happening besides "awareness being aware".

I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham