Fixing Muhurtham for Upanayanam of our Son

Any other questions not listed above.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
vasudevadv
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
Fixing Muhurtham for Upanayanam of our Son

Post by vasudevadv » 05 Dec 2018

Namaste Sir,

This is Vasudeva writing to you. We would want to perform Upanayanam of our son Akshaj Dev between May 20, 2019 and June 31, 2019.

Could you help and share with us, few good muhurtham dates with good Tarabalam and Chandrabalam and with no doshas on that day. Appreciate all the help here, as we are not getting proper guidance in fixing muhurtham, also confused with what is good or comes with negative impacts. I hope experts here can sure guide us.

One of our family friend (priest) had provided few dates, but they are not convenient or not having tarabalam, chandrabalam for both of us on the same day etc.,

Details:
Vasudeva (Father) : Date of birth : Oct 2nd, 1977
Rohini Nakshatra, Vrushabha rashi

Akshaj Dev (Son) : Date of birth : Sep 3rd, 2008
Chitta Nakshatra, Tula rashi

Questions:
1. Should we be looking at Tarabalam and Chandrabalam for both Father and Son. According to my knowledge, Yes. Please correct me if i am wrong?

2. Many people say, we should look at Tarabalam only for Shukla paksha muhurtham and consider Chandrabalam only for Krishnapaksha muhurtham. Which is correct?

3. On a given day, Is it Ok to NOT have tarabalam or chanrabalam for father and have good good tarabalam and chandrabalam for Son? For ex: Father having 1 (Janma taare) or Pratyak taare

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fixing Muhurtham for Upanayanam of our Son

Post by astrostar » 06 Dec 2018

Namaste Sir,
vasudevadv wrote:
05 Dec 2018
1. Should we be looking at Tarabalam and Chandrabalam for both Father and Son. According to my knowledge, Yes. Please correct me if i am wrong?
Yes, we do see Tarabalam and Chandrabalam for both father and son.
But in application part, it is not possible to apply all rules in a muhurtha.

vasudevadv wrote:
05 Dec 2018
2. Many people say, we should look at Tarabalam only for Shukla paksha muhurtham and consider Chandrabalam only for Krishnapaksha muhurtham. Which is correct?
Both are correct.

During Shukla paksha times, Moon would possess natural strength as it moves away from Sun. So, explicitly no need to bother about Moon's strength. Only thing is to take care of tarabalam.

During Krishna paksha times, Moon transits towards Sun. So, we do see/check chandra balam only for krishna paksha muhurthas.

vasudevadv wrote:
05 Dec 2018
3. On a given day, Is it Ok to NOT have tarabalam or chanrabalam for father and have good good tarabalam and chandrabalam for Son? For ex: Father having 1 (Janma taare) or Pratyak taare
Yes.
It is Ok to not have tarabalam or chandrabalam for father and have good tarabalam and chandrabalam for son.

But, for a Upanayana muhurtha, the following must be without affliction -
1) strength of lagna and its lord - for a good start and continuous/frequent involvement
2) Moon's strength - strong mental strength
3) 4th house (basic education), 9th house (higher level education, ethics)
4) Jupiter (knowledge and wisdom), Mercury (analytical intelligence)

Tarabalam count is not important, if these are followed in a muhurtha.
Pratyak taare can be there for father or even for son,
if the taare lord signifies good houses in son's chart.
Luminous Omnipotent Valley of Astrology

vasudevadv
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by vasudevadv » 06 Dec 2018

Thank you very much for the details and explanation.

Could you or others please suggest few good muhutham between 20th May 2019 till 31st June 2019. That would be really helpful.

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

There are no auspicious muhurtha in the given dates from May 20 to Jun 30, 2019.

A muhurtha is there on 30/05/2019 with above average strength.
details - Cancer ascendant, Revathi star.

Some more muhurthas are there with average strength.
They also have some afflictions.

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 06 Dec 2018

astrostar ji... Beautifully explained. All the Points. Great. Appreciated.

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Lex Ji,
Lex wrote:
06 Dec 2018
astrostar ji... Beautifully explained. All the Points. Great. Appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
_/\_

gbbr
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by gbbr » 17 Jun 2022

Namaste Sir,

I am exploring for good muhurtham for my son's Upanayanam and came across this post. I really liked the detailed explanations provided. I would appreciate if you could provide inputs for me as well.

Father: Dhanista nakshatram, Makara Rashi
Mother: Purva Phalguni Nakshatram, Simha Rashi
Son: Mrigashira Nakshatram, Mithuna Rashi

We are looking for auspicious times during Jan-Feb 2023 (Magha Masam) and we want to conduct the ceremony at my home in Irving, Texas -75063.

We heard about couple of options:
1. Jan 27th, 2023 at 10:38am (Sapthami Tithi, Ashwini Nakshatram and Friday), for which I see good Tarabalam for all three of us but no one has any Chandrabalam.

2. Feb 2nd, 2023 at 9:40am (Thrayodashi Tithi, Ardra Nakshatram, and Thursday) for which I see good Chandrabalam for all the three but Tarabalam is not good for the Mother while Father and Son have good Tarabalam.

A couple of questions for my understanding:

1. How important it is for the Muhurath to be good for the three (Father, Mother and Son)? Or if the Muhurath is good for Father and Son, is that a recommended to accept?

2. I read in the Lagna Table, the 8th House should be empty while for both the dates, I see Ketu (in retrograde) placed in the 8th House for the both the Muhurthams.

3. I read that if Jupiter (Guru) is in the Kendra sthana, it removes any doshas existing. I see Jupiter in the 1st house for both the times.

4. Lastly, I read Shukra shouldn't be in Dwadasha sthana while for these options, it resides in the 12th house.

I really appreciate your help in fixing the muhuratham for my son. Please forgive my ignorance. I am just trying to learn the basics and want to ensure we choose an auspicious muhurtam for the specific location in question.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Bhargav.