Stay abroad?

Questions about buying a home, moving, living abroad, or travel.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Satya
Donor
Donor
Stay abroad?

Post by Satya » 28 Dec 2009

Dear learned members,

What in my chart made me go abroad for a short while?

For almost my whole life until recently - 30+ years, I have been in one city (except for an year in between) and suddenly out of the blue I went abroad without much planning ahead. I have returned to India recently and I like staying here among friends and family and known faces. But I wonder what made me go abroad - is it Sa transiting my Lagna as well as 8th from Moon? Because I see a direct correlation in the ashtam sani period and my stay abroad period - about same 2 years. Natally my Sa is in 12H.

Or are there any corresponding dashas for change of residence?

A few people who saw my chart said I will never come back and few said I will never set my foot again out of India :)

This is purely for learning purpose, till recently I wanted to know when I may go abroad again but that's foolish - I can go tomorrow if I wish to. But just curious to study from my natal chart.

DOB: 02, Oct 76, TOB: 03.02 AM; POB: Bhimavaram, AP.
Few dates: travel to UK for MBA - 13th Oct 2007; return to India - 20th Oct 2009.

Regards,
Satya

tirulaxmi

Post by tirulaxmi » 28 Dec 2009

Rahu mahadasha is in progress. Rahu is well placed in your chart and since rahu is considered as a planet that gives long distance travels, u might find it easy to travel abroad frequently. Baring Rahu/Sun period (due to 2/12 combination), other sub periods of Rahu dasha should be beneficial for your long distance travel. Moreover, lord of 4th ( residence) in transit is also in 12th. ( Mars will unusually stay in cancer till May 2010). All these factors support you to travel abroad. Settling in abroad may not be possible as the lagna lord is in 2nd (house of family). All these analysis is based on the assumption that your lagna is Leo ( 3 degrees). A few minutes of discrepancy will change the lagna to kanya.
with regards
tirulaxmi

sbmagar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

stay abroad

Post by sbmagar » 28 Dec 2009

Since 9th house is for Master degree study its lord Mar is with Rahu. Also Ketu is in 9th house . Hence you went to study to foreign in Rahu-Ketu-Mar period . similarly you return back in Rahu-Venus-Mar Period. Mar & Venus is with Rahu . 4th lord Mar is afflicted with Rahu-ketu axis. Jup in 10th house aspects 12th lord also 10th lord with rahu . Exchange yoga bet. 6th and 12th lord this indicates you may go abroad for job.

Satya
Donor
Donor

sbmagar,

I have come back to India in Ra-Ve-Ra period - isn't that a little weird? Rahu is supposed to take you foreign land but I returned during that period.

I never saw Moon as 12th lord in this context, thanks for mentioning it. In that sense, both Moon (12L) and Saturn (in 12H) influence my trips abroad - for work, apart from Mars and Rahu for being with Venus (10L) and Jupiter for aspecting Moon (12L)?

You are right about Mars and Ketu - 4H and 9H connection.

So I watch out for any sub dasa's of Ju, Mo, Sa & Ra for long distance travel in the future - if for job? And similarly sub dasa's of Ke, Ra & Ma for an overseas PhD?

What else is left behind in my chart which doesn't connect - just Sun and Mercury? :)

Satya
Donor
Donor

Tirulaxmi, thanks for dropping by. Yes, my lagna is Leo - my birth time is accurate.

Does that also mean I might stay in India during Ra-Me (true, I went after this) and upcoming Ra-Su? Su and Me are in parivartan. Indeed these two are not connected in anyway with 12H.

And you may be right about settling abroad. I am not so keen although I did like those places and missed it initially. I need my family and extended family around me to feel secure in life. I have met many astrologers who said I will stay abroad for sure and buy properties there while a few I trust very much said I may just stay until 2016 for job if I really want to and if I really try hard for the same.

PS: Of course, all these astrologers were within family and friend circle.