Remain 'water'-based, or seek other shores? Sincerely need guidance!

Questions about career and job.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
TheSeeker
Remain 'water'-based, or seek other shores? Sincerely need guidance!

Post by TheSeeker » 07 Jul 2020

hello and namaste to the learned and learning helpers here alike! _/\_

it seems that the paid-readings section has been temporarily closed, else i might've directly approached shilpa ji from there (assuming she's still on the forum; had written to her few yrs back & she was quite precise in her predictions & suggestions then).

i had furnished details of my past in this post earlier, but removed them as it became quite verbose. hence putting my queries first now and details later (if reqd).

1. my education - marine engineer (merchant marine)

2. time of the last job that i lost - december 28th, 2018.

3. situation since then and currently - downsizing was only of our deptt at that time, due to no new
incoming project and the one we had then getting over (later on i heard the
office started downsizing in other deptt.s to)

i then attempted to go back to fulltime seafaring in the same company but failed
(honesty cost me - i honestly revealed my medical-history particularly of kidney
stones during the medical-exam, and was then thus rejected), then i did some freelancing work in between, and also awaited leaving shipping-field altogether and join my bro-in-law in business in muscat but it didnt happen as thought...i then thought of leaving India for australia or NZ to either pursue higher education. meanwhile, came back from a consultant-assignment from a ship (freelancing consulting work) in mid-march this year, after which i had thought to join my bro-in-law in India itself, but then covid-lockdown happened, and since then no progress.

4. reason for seeking change - i have not been able to establish myself in the mainstream fulltime seafaring career, and had to be in office-side shore-work mostly, which i dont like much, it being mostly sedentary deskwork. for this, i feel there's nothing much left for me to achieve here anymore nor does it interest me, so seeking change to shift to something i think i'd like (bro-in-law's business).

5. my question is:

does it look probable/possible for me to join my bro-in-law in business? he's a successful businessman and a very amiable person. is into providing technical services to hotel-chains, and also has a hospitality-venture. i was to start a new deptt under his technical services firm, a deptt related to AV equipment and installation (a field i have interest in and self-taught in that).

OR

try to move out of India (my preference would be australia, as brother too moved there couple of yrs back), and pursue higher education or seek job. however, am HIGHLY uncertain about it all, dont know from where to start, very doubtful of future, and also at the end of the day would be working a job, whereas with my bro-in-law can dabble into learning and doing business too. but the quality of life outside (environment particularly) too entices me. but, torn apart between these two choices.

OR

remain with shipping-field, look for shorework or keep looking even for fulltime seafaring (not sure though at my age and seeing the mkt). very probable that i might get a lesser-paying job (was offered earlier), and would have to slog for a few yrs to achieve the salary-bar equivalent to what i was getting in my earlier job.

most people (EXCEPTION being only one person) have suggested me to remain with shipping-field only, as 'water' will benefit me they say. however to them i ask that if water was so beneficial to me, why i suffered an accident in my cadetship itself and couldn't establish a mainstream fulltime seafaring career.

am very, VERY confused (notorious for being indecisive as it is, but likely being under chandra mahadasha now has exacerbated it quite much), struggling under my own steam, cant decide for myself what should i pursue, where should i go.

hence, requesting learned members to kindly help and guide me.

TheSeeker

Re: Remain 'water'-based, or seek other shores? Sincerely need guidance!

Post by TheSeeker » 10 Jul 2020

my birth-details:

#DoB - 02nd july, 1985
#ToB - 01st july night 3AM / 02nd july morning 3AM (thats how my birthcart mentions it, but officially 02nd july is considered my birthdate as per english calendar, and Guru Poornima as per Hindu calendar)
#PoB - Unnao, UP

TheSeeker

Post by TheSeeker » 18 Jul 2020

namaste. seeking some inputs or suggestions if any please..

tylorechandra
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tylorechandra » 18 Jul 2020

Lagna is in papakartari yoga. Though the Lagna lord is in Lagna, it is also the roga lord. The nakshatra lord of Lagna is the Moon who is in the 8th house. In Navamsa, Lagna moves to the 12th amsa (Vyayamsa) and is aligned along the Rahu-Ketu ais. All these factors make the strength of Lagna average.

Dasa lord is Moon who is in the (8th) house of Jupiter and also is the nakshatra lord of Jupiter. Jupiter is in its debilitation house (which is also the badhakasthana for the chart)and retro. Jupiter is aspected by Mars and Mercury while Moon receives aspect from malefics Mars,Sun, Rahuand Saturn. There is no benefic aspect on the Moon.

In the bhava chart, Mars moves to the 4th, Saturn to the 7th and Jupiter to the 10th. The 10th house is ruled by Saturn and aspected by Ketu. Saturn is the badhakadhipati as well as being the Yogakaraka.

Sade sati is in its final phase now. The movement of transit Saturn over natal Moon is over now but Saturn is in its badhakasthana in Makara rashi. You were running Moon-Saturn from mid 2018 to Jan 2020. Now it is Moon-Mercury till mid 2021 and Mercury is also in the nakshatra of Saturn. Only after this period you can get a job. The type of job may not change in a big way.

You can move abroad also in and after the start of Mars dasa in 2024. Joining a business with your brother in law (I have taken it as the husband of you younger sister – represented by Saturn in your chart) may not be financially beneficial.

TKC

TheSeeker

Post by TheSeeker » 20 Jul 2020

tylorechandra wrote:
> Lagna is in papakartari yoga. Though the Lagna lord is in Lagna, it is also
> the roga lord. The nakshatra lord of Lagna is the Moon who is in the 8th
> house. In Navamsa, Lagna moves to the 12th amsa (Vyayamsa) and is aligned
> along the Rahu-Ketu ais. All these factors make the strength of Lagna
> average.
>
> Dasa lord is Moon who is in the (8th) house of Jupiter and also is the
> nakshatra lord of Jupiter. Jupiter is in its debilitation house (which is
> also the badhakasthana for the chart)and retro. Jupiter is aspected by Mars
> and Mercury while Moon receives aspect from malefics Mars,Sun, Rahuand
> Saturn. There is no benefic aspect on the Moon.
>
> In the bhava chart, Mars moves to the 4th, Saturn to the 7th and Jupiter to
> the 10th. The 10th house is ruled by Saturn and aspected by Ketu. Saturn is
> the badhakadhipati as well as being the Yogakaraka.
>
> Sade sati is in its final phase now. The movement of transit Saturn over
> natal Moon is over now but Saturn is in its badhakasthana in Makara rashi.
> You were running Moon-Saturn from mid 2018 to Jan 2020. Now it is
> Moon-Mercury till mid 2021 and Mercury is also in the nakshatra of Saturn.
> Only after this period you can get a job. The type of job may not change in
> a big way.
>
> You can move abroad also in and after the start of Mars dasa in 2024.
> Joining a business with your brother in law (I have taken it as the husband
> of you younger sister – represented by Saturn in your chart) may not be
> financially beneficial.
>
> TKC

thank you for the insight tylore ji! _/\_

//...Now it is Moon-Mercury till mid 2021 and Mercury is also in the nakshatra of Saturn. Only after this period you can get a job. The type of job may not change in a big way.//

i suppose this then might indicate my contd association with shipping-field (even though i feel not much is left to do/progress/interest me in it).

//You can move abroad also in and after the start of Mars dasa in 2024. Joining a business with your brother in law (I have taken it as the husband of you younger sister – represented by Saturn in your chart) may not be financially beneficial.//

i see. would you be able to tell whether higher edu abroad would be suitable, or searching for/working a job directly?

and, the sister is my elder cousin. :)

---------

thanks a lot!