Astrology doesn't work

Questions about career and job.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
vj1981
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Astrology doesn't work

Post by vj1981 » 25 Feb 2019

Hello - Would like to share my experience and feedback so as to help advice seekers. As many of you know or can possibly dig out that I was looking for a job change last year and changed it on 12th September last year. It was a risky decision as I had joined a small compny and hence I took the decision after consulting astrologers on this forum. As many of you say that vedic astrology is the guiding light and one should use it that way. I was given a green signal by most and I was told that Saturn MD and Moon AD is a good time for you. However, 6 months after I have to say that all the predictions were wrong as I have suffered a lot in the last 4 months both mentally and physically. I am under medication for general anxiety disorder, have high bp 150/100 and have lost considerable weight due to the tension. My parent company's contract broke with the bigger company all of a sudden and we ran into the risk of being job less. After many negotiations and running around senior officials, we managed to convince the bigger company to take us.on their payroll. However, they took undue advantage of our position and offered me the salary that I was drawing 2 years back. Since I had no other offer, I had to accept whatever was thrown at me.

Hope this will help people take astrology in the right sense.

Thanks

vj1981
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Astrology doesn't work

Post by vj1981 » 26 Feb 2019

And this is not the only bad experience. In past as well 99% of the readings from professional astrologers like ganeshaspeaks, astrojyoti, and others have been wrong

vj1981
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vj1981 » 09 Jul 2019

Feedback - Got selected in a mid tier IT company around mid March and joined the company on 27th March. Was not offered much hike on my current salary, just 7-8% but the opportunity clicked at the right time else I would have had to go back to the Salary I was drawing 2 years back.

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedam33 » 10 Jul 2019

Astrology gives guidance only and it depends on the correctness of birth time which is very crucial

chokra
Contributor
Contributor

Post by chokra » 19 Jul 2019

Lol, so as per your experience of not getting a job of higher salary and comfort...you decided that asking ‘astrological ‘ advice for ‘free’ on a forum without any ‘siddhi’ or effort to remediate ‘your bad karmas’ you blame the subject that has been guiding people for thousands of years. Great conclusion. I agree with your employer you should not be hired. Its like going to a medical forum asking about a treatment and then saying medicine does not work!

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 19 Jul 2019

"Astrology doesn't work" is a general statement. It does work in the opposite way when you find it does not work in your way. :lol: Astrology is the only subject that was carried throughout ages - not less than 4500 years-from the Kings to ordinary men today.

It will be frustrating to know that our ambitions could not be met at right times with all our efforts and prayers due to these charts. We take refugee in Guru-but even the making of a Guru also happens as per astrology. If the planets don't allow,a person can't become a Guru. :roll:
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

vj1981
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vj1981 » 19 Jul 2019

Well most of the readings were paid and from professional astrologers

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 19 Jul 2019

@vj1981 Sometimes the planets don't allow the chart to be read properly.Professionals are really trained and it is not logical to conclude that they misguide or they don't know. Because it is their job. A simple point might be missed probably due to the mischief or wrath of Mercury.Have a look of Mercury in your chart-its relation with the Atmakaraka and lord of lagna.
Mercury is the lord of all karanas and the karana at the time of birth controls profession.
I came across a check list in some blog-for check up if you are not getting the desired result as predicted.May be if your dasa lord has connections to any one of the following:

Dispositor of Gulika:
Graha conjoined with Gulika:
Dispositor of Mandi:
Graha having low auspicious dots:
Conjoined with a Papagraha:
Rasi Sandhi:
Bhava Sandhi:
Grahas occupying the 8th house:
Grahas aspecting the 8th house:
8th lord:
The grahas conjoining the 8th lord:
The 22nd Drekkana Lord:
The 64th Navamsa:
The Adhishatru of Randhresha:

If the planet is a dispositor for any of the upagrahas and that upagraga is adversely placed,then again its dasa will be giving issues.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 19 Jul 2019

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I always say in as many posts I wrote, Only Sages are experts in correct predictions in their invented astrology, as they had lived for more than 1000s of years and meditated upon almighty to been blessed for that analyzing and Prediction skills.

No surprise to me, wat you wrote. I am feeling bad that you went into hypertensive mode.

Have you ever read in scriptures, Bhagwan Rama or Bhagwan Krishna born as human-beings have they ever consulted any astrologers?

Bhagwan Krishna says, due to your duty/responsibilities/ karmas with sincere efforts , you take one step in your efforts, He will support in next 10 steps.
In short, one has to define one mission and Vision for successes in life, not astrology readings

Have Adi-Sankaracharya consulted any astrologer, whether He wil become a Universal teacher for Hindus.

Have any spiritual leaders like any Jagadgurus of any mutts or Ramana-Maharishi consulted any astrologer, that will they become Sanyasi or will head the mutt.

One has to put efforts in many ways, find solutions within oneself ( what are strengths/ weakness) and work on to get a job or promotion etc

I was reading a interview of Jagadguru Sankaracharya of a mutt, question was asked on astrology... Guru said that is ok, but for success One has to work or put efforts to achieve objective through sustained determination and also abiding Dharma principles

I totally agree with you, without scientific evidences/ rationale in the current era.. any kind of astrology predictions, other than by Our Sages, always a big question mark or challenge to succeed .
Last edited by ChandraLagna on 23 Jul 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed needless quoting

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedam33 » 19 Jul 2019

If astrology predictions were not correct why consulting astrologers and forums like this ,let it be closed for ever .Astrology predictions is only for general guidance ,and without putting any effort how any event will materialise,for example if an astrologer says you will get job with in such an such period ,then without putting effort or attending interviews will that person gets job never, astrology is only for guidance purpose only

chokra
Contributor
Contributor

Post by chokra » 21 Jul 2019

Lex, who said all the people you listed did not consult astrologers? How do you know that? Do your research sir...Ram and Krishna took avatars during a specific nakshatra and a precise muhurat for success. They were incarnations of the divine consciousness, you don't think they knew about astrology? Have you ever looked at their charts? is it a coincidence that most of their planets are exalted or in their own sign? if I had a chart like Ram or Krishna I wouldn't need astrology either :-), but when people go through hurdles in life that cannot be explained logically, thats when they come to astrologers for guidance.
The modern day sadhus criticize astrology or say you don't need it in this day and age, and thats complete BS, because they want the mass public to hang on to their words instead of our scriptures (yes, jyotish is part of the vedanta just as vastu shastra and tantrick knowledge is). What astrologers do is translate that knowledge for the general public. Yes effort is required, you cannot survive without effort, and to sit around and wait for planets to align is part of 'the effort to resist sudden impulsive moves', but to say all the great souls that discarded astrology and focused only on effort is incorrect.

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 22 Jul 2019

Like wise, did Ram & Krishna tell you, will be born in specific nakshatra?
Across Earth, 1000s of births happens in Shukla Paksh Navami Punarvasu nk, Ravi in Mesha, Shani in Thula, Kuja in Makara.. similarly Krishna Paksh Ashthami Rohini nk… are they incarnations.

Any non-scientific/illogical statements, only rely on Original scriptures of Our Sages wrote and practiced, they are only experts in Traditional astrology

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Whats the correct time of birth of Bhagwan Rama and Krishna ?

You said planets are exalted etc, who provided the detials to you? I surely understand, Dasaratha Maharaja nor Vasudevar wouldn't provided respective details of Bhagwan Rama & Krishna, and don't quote the internet editions details nor any journal fudging of celebrity birth details etc to me.
Again, this uccha neecha grahas etc don't quote me, I will not be motivated :D , if Our Sages talks about Raja Yoga, Uccha and resultant Raja Yoga etc from them I will blindly accept.

Why they are also born as Humans, like Human birth & detah happens.. Bhagwan Krishna death occured from a weapon as per the Curse, Bhagwan Rama ( Vishnu been cursed by Sage), smilarly Dasartha Maharaja was cursed.. so both Bhagwan Rama & Krishna has to undergo and experience the curse like all Humans do in Earth.
If they are ,as you say they don't need any astrologer, they can remediate themselves, but they couldn't, nor Bhagwan Rama with astrology couldn't able to locate Exact position ( GPS) and who kidnapped.

First learn scriptures thoroughly and than debate with me, and then on astrology..... A friendly advice.

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

chokra wrote:
21 Jul 2019
The modern day sadhus criticize astrology or say you don't need it in this day and age, and thats complete BS, because they want the mass public to hang on to their words instead of our scriptures (yes, jyotish is part of the vedanta just as vastu shastra and tantrick knowledge is).
So you say... Ramana Maharishi and Jagadguru Sankarcharyas… wantthe mass public...

No wonder VJ expressed out in the post all the predictions in vedic astrology went wrong and even paid reading from outside.

I only suggest to querants, only Our sages are experts in Vedic astrology, they only can deduce 100 percent successful predictions, as they are inventors of their system of Vedic astrology, all I can say put your extra efforts, find your weakness and strengths in your carrer and update with knowledge/education/ innovation for speedy growth in the career. Don't rely on astrology predictions, efforts are needed to get a job and self confidence to drive own mission and vision. ( Clear cut example is our current PM Narendra Modi ji, how he struggled, he did excllenet networking skills for political growth, excellent communication skills developed because of RSS induction, Zeal for hardwork.. puts in 16-18 hours of office work in PM office, and morning he does meditation and Yoga... that should be the way... no need of astrology readings etc?

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedam33 » 22 Jul 2019

If no need of astrological readings why analysing the charts and telling so and so date the event will occur .tell to the querent that what ever is going to happen it will happen ,wait for the moment.to occur.

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 23 Jul 2019

vj any planet in 6-8 navamsa can create unprecedented hurdles in life. It is a rinha of past life. so i guess struggles galore. SAturn afflicts jup in rasi too by creating sambandha. SAturnine remedies mandatory throughout the md. Antaradasas off and on will change the results by being either better or worse but the bottomline will remain.

Astrologer can be wrong but not astrology.

New2Vedic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by New2Vedic » 23 Jul 2019

In prev. post what does it meant by "6-8 navamsa"? Does it mean planets in 6 and 8 houses in Nacamsa D9 chart, or does it mean planets with 6-8 position (or 2-12 position) in D-9 chart?

half the time astrologer themselves are confused, they don't write clearly and then confuse the querist even more. Now a am also so confused!

chokra
Contributor
Contributor

Post by chokra » 23 Jul 2019

:lol: I am glad that you are listing all the details I guess to prove that you know the info as well. Good for you. Doesn't change anything. No, 1000s birth do not happen with the combinations of planets that occurred for Ram and Krishna. Also, through years of research several scholars have concluded the validity of their charts. It seems to me that you are one of those people that abide by the 'books' that you call scriptures and any other experience outside of it (even yours through siddhi) you discard it because its not in the books. If that works for you, good for you :-)

chokra
Contributor
Contributor

Post by chokra » 23 Jul 2019

Right, the source energy had taken avatars in human form, but if you really read the scriptures you will find that throughout their upbringing rishis and sages knew that these were avatars. Even they themselves knew that they were avatars born in human body. Also they had the capabilities not only to remediate but also avert the mahabharat war or Ram's vanvas, but the purpose was to strengthen 'Dharma' over evil, hence they did not use their so called 'powers' to avert these events. Ravan was gaining strengthen through siddhi and was defeating the positive energy in the universe (planets, gods,etc), and Dharma was loosing ground under Dhasarat and Duryodhan, hence these avatars were born in human form to defeat them. I am just summarizing not going in to much details, but thats the core of it. Also, predictions on birth of souls like Ravan and Durydhon was forecasted long before these souls were born on earth (as compared to other lokas) and hence to protect dharma and counter the adharma the positive source energy also had taken avatars during the same time period. And eventually ended up pursuing the evil to defeat it. We just see Ram's vanvas, but that was planned long before Ram was even born. Same for Krishna and his involvement in Mahabharat. Not everything is logic sir, there are realities beyond our human logical capacity. Exalted and Debilitation of planets do exist same for Rajyogas, these were further interpretation of specific combination of planets by other rishis that evolved through time. There are rishis in today's world as well, just cause they dont sit in the forest with one piece of clothing does not mean they will not contribute or add to the scriptures. Reading books and scriptures gives you information but meditating and doing guru provided japa and mantra puts you in the same state as our rishis. Thats when things are revealed to you that you cannot read in scriptures or any books. I will rest my case here.

Nitin21

I am also confused due to your confusion on the navamsas 6-8 confusion. Its 6-8 houses. Appreciate your liniency on the half the time confusion. Looking at my id most would assume full time confused astrologer.

New2Vedic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by New2Vedic » 23 Jul 2019

Mr. Confused, now I am not confused I understand better. (or I better understand)

Half the time its "Navmansha" and half the time "Navamsha" . Is it Mansha, as in maunsho? Flesh? Its not. It s Navam-ANSHA.... that is the correct spelling, correct produnciation and correct way of saying it. It is an ANSHA or ninth fractile of a house. Hence NAVAM-ANSHA or Navamsha...why they can't write it as so.

enghlish is a funny language.

Nitin21

Thanks for the spiritual enlightenment. Takes me closer to god. :D

vj1981
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vj1981 » 31 Oct 2019

astroduffer wrote:
23 Jul 2019
I am also confused due to your confusion on the navamsas 6-8 confusion. Its 6-8 houses. Appreciate your liniency on the half the time confusion. Looking at my id most would assume full time confused astrologer.
Ha ha..Lots of confusion . .. Like I am still confused if I should wear gemstones for mercury and sun and strengthen them