cancellation of debilitation?

Questions about career and job.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
sarcarp
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
cancellation of debilitation?

Post by sarcarp » 17 Nov 2018

Respected Sir,

Was following this fascinating discussion on Exo/Deb for a while now. Am not sure if this is exactly relevant, but does the Mercury Deb get cancelled by an Exl Venus in the following case? Am posting this in particular for the presence of Sun and Ketu also in the 10th.

22-Mar-1978; 12.30 pm; Kolkata.

Sincere Regards,

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Exaltation & Debilitation

Post by majestik108 » 18 Nov 2018

Definitely.

In my view it's quite a strong cancellation. For one, Venus is placed with Mercury exalted as you said, but Venus and Mercury are both in Revati, which lends strength to Mercury as it is its own nakshatra and Venus is also in the nakshatra where it finds its deepest exaltation at 27 degrees (native has it at 23 degrees). Not just that, but Mercury is also in a parivartana with Jupiter in the ascendant in Gemini.

Jupiter, Venus and Sun, three of the planets conjunct the debilitated Mercury, all have very high shadbala, with both Jupiter and Sun getting digbala due to their placements in the ascendant and 10th house respectively. All three planets also have higher ishta phala than kashta phala.

With regards to Ketu, I personally believe that Pisces is Ketu's mooltrikona sign, with Virgo for Rahu. So I feel Ketu is quite powerful as well, yet its conjunction with Venus can definitely bring some issues with regards to matters of relationships and indulgence of the senses I feel.

Mercury however has quite a low shadbala score, and also happens to have significantly higher kashta phala. It is also involved in a large number of the many positive yogas this native has and is the strongest planet in the dasavarga scheme. With it being the ascendant lord and 4th lord, I feel that one could benefit by performing remedies for Mercury, but I feel like something like an emerald would result in strengthening the Rahu in the 4th house as well, so if the native is inclined to self-discovery and such, it would be quite a good solution I feel. By the way, interestingly enough, Mercury in the ashtakavarga scheme, gives the 10th house 6 points, which makes it the second highest after the 6th at 7 points. I'm guessing this person has dramatic experiences happen to him every time Mercury transits Pisces?

As an interesting side note, the 8th house has 38 points in the SAV! The Ketu transiting there right now must be causing some interesting experiences.

This person seems quite brilliant to me in many ways. Is this your chart?

sarcarp
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by sarcarp » 18 Nov 2018

IMHO, there are 2 broad categories if Jyotish connoisseurs. First, who follow the maths/rules and make half decent inferences following them. At best, they are of elementary level, like yours sincerely and millions of others in the crowd. The remaining true thought leaders have a unique ability that separates these greats from the also rans. I believe that is a near psychic intuitive power, as you so deservedly possess. Don't think anything more needs to be said.

With profound regards,
Sincerely

sarcarp
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by sarcarp » 18 Nov 2018

@ majestik108, Since you mentioned Emerald, allow me to share an interesting anecdote. By sheer chance, the same chart was glanced over by one of the foremost astro-gemologist of India. To my utter bewilderment, the native was ONLY recommended 2 gemstones of Saturn and Venus respectively. While I can certainly rationalize both, what foxed me totally was no reference to Mercury AT ALL. It has puzzled me ever since then and because I will not have the opportunity of meeting this 'light' anymore, i have been looking for an explanation - why NOT strengthen Mercury? Thoughts, if any?

In passing, am sure you checked the Navamsha as well - Mars in Cancer in 2nd here too making it Vargottam and Bhavottam. Again, convention tells us this placement and lordships over 6 & 11 (6th from 6th) is not great. But i recently came to know that a Vargottam & Bhavottam combi is supposed to be extremely "pure", which led me to think how important is the actual/correct 'interpretation' of the slokas.

Finally, as advised, i will surely ratify the experiences of Mercury transits over Pisces and let you know. Re: Ketu, does renewed interests in esoteric sciences qualify as interesting experience (ref: 8H, 38 pts/ SAV)? :).

Sincerely,

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Post by majestik108 » 18 Nov 2018

Thank you for the compliments, I appreciate them, but I honestly see myself as an absolute beginner. The amount of depth there is to Jyotish makes my knowledge not even a grain of sand in the grand scheme of things. However, I do very much enjoy the subject and it is reassuring to know that my study is on the right path at the very least. :D

I feel that your Mercury might perhaps be destined to play a role in your life that presents difficulties that require overcoming in the areas involving your emotions, your identity and your primary focus in life, through the medium of spirituality due to the heavy Pisces focus in your chart. Strengthening Mercury, I feel, would be beneficial as it is your lagnesh, BUT I feel a possible catch is that by strengthening the Rahu in the 4th indirectly, you will somewhat magnify the areas in your life that you might be lacking true understanding in the most.

In your case, I'm assuming your own emotions have been a source of lifelong confusion and I assume you have always in one way or the other attempted to understand them better. So, strengthening Mercury will magnify both the confusion and the quest for understanding, particularly as Jupiter will be indirectly strengthened too, which might come in the form of knowledge of one's true identity. So, I feel strengthening Mercury would be a positive thing in the grand scheme of things, if one is not concerned about the initial negative impact it might have in an area that is somewhat vulnerable in the native that requires greater understanding.

I personally don't consider divisional charts to possess houses as they are simply derivatives of the rasi chart, so I only look at strengths by sign placement in divisional charts (a hint to this is the fact that the concept of bhavottama is never mentioned in classics, but vargottam is). Your Mars definitely is vargottam. With regards to the 'purity' of a planet in such a position, I would say that being vargottama in any divisional chart indicates a harmony between the natural instincts a person has with regards to the expression of a planet in one's life (the rasi placement), and the expression of that planet in the particular area of life indicated by the divisional chart. As the navamsa in my view somewhat represents one's psychology, vargottam here definitely can be considered 'pure' in the sense of one's outward expression of a planet being in harmony with one's intent.

As for Ketu, definitely. Ketu is co-owner of the original 8th house of Scorpio, so what you're experiencing makes perfect sense. It must have been even more intense when Mars was conjunct it.

sarcarp
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by sarcarp » 19 Nov 2018

Thank you so much for your time to entertain my trifle fancies. However, your response did point me to the right direction to explore further with help from Pt. Sanjay Rath's COVA. But discussion of a specific case in this forum, IMHO, would grossly abuse the spirit of the place and am not willing to take advantage of the situation.

Am available at sarcarp at [No Personal Contact Details on Public Forum] and would sincerely love to proceed on this 1:1 without disturbing the other revered members. Please let me know.

Finally, i humbly beg to differ with the respected Arun'ji wrt exl/deb by the degree. Its not a light bulb that goes on at the click of a switch (read exact degree) and immediately swichtes off there after. I dont think the classics have mentioned this explicitly, but from very limited experience, there must be a shadow space on either side, when the effects of exl/deb are present, albert to a lower extent.

But again, this is a totally subjective perspective.

Once again, thank you for the time.