Need urgent advice- please help

Questions about career and job.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
rajath25
Contributor
Contributor
Need urgent advice- please help

Post by rajath25 » 01 Jul 2016

Respected astrologers of LOVA,

There are some developments that happened last week regarding career and urgently need your advice before committing to it.

Early last week, I interviewed for a IT Project Manager role with another company and by Friday they made the offer. Details of the offer are as follows.

1. Its a full time role. I don't have to worry about being placed on a project or anything of that sort. There is no question of being on bench or not being paid at any time. I will have a steady paycheck every 15 days and not dependent on the number of hours I worked.

2. The benefits' package is satisfactory which includes paid vacation and sick leave; at my current company I never had paid vacation or sick leave. However, the base salary is lower than what I am making with the current company. But when you add the benefits to the base salary it is definitely more than what I am making with the current company.

3. Although I have to restart the GC process, I do not have to pay a dime towards it.

Since the priority dates were pushed back so far in the June visa bulletin, I expect that it will take at least 2 years or so before priority dates become current again. It will take at least 2 years with the new company to get back to the same level as I am with the current company. So there will be no loss of time as far as GC processing is concerned.

My only fear is what if the priority dates become current. If I continue with the current company and the priority dates become current, then I can immediately file for GC. If I change the company and the priority dates become current while the GC process with the new company has still not reached a stage where in I can file for GC, then I will be cursing myself for the rest of my life.

I don't know if I should make the switch. At the same time, I am just excited by this offer after having sat at home for 2 months. I am unable to take a unbiased decision. My mind is sort of blocking out any negative aspects of the potential switch.

I absolutely do not like programming. Being a PM is what I have worked so hard for in the last 5 years or so. As such I had been a PM for 2 years from 2012 to 2013.

At the same time, there is always the question of GC in the back of my mind. All the people who know me asked me to take up the new offer.

But I was wondering if it is a good choice to make in the long run.

I am completely lost. I know its a major decision in my life which I need to make in the next 1 week or so.

Should I take the new offer? Please advise.

My birth details..

May 25th 1982, Gangavathi(also spelt as Gangawati), Karnataka, India
(15°26′N 76°32′E),India- 2.35 AM

Regards
Rajath

rajath25
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Need urgent advice- please help

Post by rajath25 » 07 Jul 2016

The offer in question was rescinded due to immigration issues.

Whatever happens, happens for a reason. I felt the fruit was in my hand and just when I was about to take a bite out of it...boom...it blew up on me.

Pretty devastated really...all sorts of negative thoughts are running wild in my mind at the moment. I am sure this too will pass and good days are ahead of me. The question is when exactly will I experience good days...

Regards
Rajath