Brother's mental health outlook

Questions about health.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Thamarai
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
Brother's mental health outlook

Post by Thamarai » 25 Oct 2023

Hi
This question is for my younger brother - Aug 16, 1984 @ 13:06 PM in Chennai, India
Will his mental health condition improve for the better? Issue started from 2021.

Wife - May 26, 1989 @ 12:50 PM in Chennai, India
Married - Jan 2011
Kids - 2 (8yrs & 5yrs)

Thanks,
Thamarai

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Brother's mental health outlook

Post by Sishya » 22 Nov 2023

Hi,

Given birth details place Udaya Lagna or Ascendent in Scropio/Vrischika Rashi alongside powerfully placed Lagna Lord Mars/Kuja (who is also a nasty Roga-Karaka) and Ketu (who is supposed to co-lord the house). Ketu has below par Vimsopaka Bala is a cause for concern.

Moon/Chandra, the 9th lord of Dharma/Bhagya is placed in the 5th house in Pisces/Meena Rashi and posited in the Lunar Constellation of Revathi Nakshatra, ruled by Mercury/Budha. He seems to be adrift in the middle of nowhere, with very little support on either side of flanks... making him a bit of a loner with very few good friends and limited social life.

The native was at the fag end of Venus/Shukra Maha-Dasha and had perhaps started Antara of Ketu in 2021. Thereafter, he has started Maha-Dasha of Sun/Ravi and will soon start first phase of Sade-Sathi or Saturn/Shani-dev's transit across natal placement of Moon/Chandra.

Incidentally, in 2021 Ketu was transiting Scropio/Vrischika Rashi, as did Mars/Kuja at the onset of Ketu Antara, toward later part of the year. So, I'm forced to wonder if the native hurt his head/skull portion and/or had a concussion, triggering the current situation.

In any case, it would help if all relevant details (including cause, observation, diagnosis etc.) are provided to help set the context.

Sincerely....

Thamarai
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Thamarai » 04 Dec 2023

Hi Sishya

Thank you for checking. I finally have access to a laptop and can post.

Timeline Details:
Birth to 2021 - No issues mental-healthwise. Physically had Dengue-Typhoid in Oct/Nov 2001 and had transfusions. Vegetarian - No smoke/drink/infidelity issues. Had exemplary results in whatever he did - studies, job, arranged marriage, progeny, parents & in law relation - both are supportive and cordial to each other, relatives, ancestral temple visits - everything happened at right age. Neither too religious nor atheist - was moderate.
2012 (Feb-Mar) - in a car accident without any external injuries for him or others. He might have had a concussion - I do not know.
Feb/Mar 2020 - Bought new house, did homams and poojas before movein.
Feb/Mar 2021 - Started picking fights with spouse(we thought stress and tried to pacify), argumentative with relatives.
Sep 2021 - Breakdown and hospitalization, released on meds.
Feb 2022 - Changed to low stress job & continued meds.
Nov 2022 - On and off meds.
May 2023 - Fully off meds. Resigned from job - starting picking verbal fights with spouse, parents, relatives.
Aug-Oct 2023 - Was in India and changed doctors and started on new meds.
Oct 2023 - Completely stopped taking meds. Does not agree to others view on continuing meds.

He still has decent amount of friends (from college/internship times - was not loner) and they have been helpful during this phase - however he alienates them too(nature of disease). His diagnosis was cancer of the mind. He doubts, questions anyone who is living with him or in his circle. His reality/perceptions have changed but intelligence has not degraded - still very analytical. Some memory distortions(fake or jumbled) seems to be there which also causes confusions and trauma for us (since he believes in those and picks/blames). He believes others are making him sick person when he is not really sick and does not take medications. Since it has not yet gone out of hand(physical altercation/unruliness) there is no forced interventions.

I thought Jupiter aspect on 6th house will be beneficial for health for Vrishchik lagna, but I dont know if that is the case for retro Jupiter.
1. Can he pass his Sun-Jupiter dasha safely and atleast get back to some normalcy? (atleast take his medicines and be manageable).
2. His wife's Rahu dasa also ends in 2026 (their arranged marriage was in 2011 - during Ra-Ra)- Will the marriage continue? I do trust my SIL will be with my brother in health and in sickness (but this sickness is not physical or cope-able for non-medically trained people) - so can they continue to be a family?

Please let me know your insights.
Nanri
Thamarai

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 19 Dec 2023

Hi,

The following things seem to glaringly stand out as per my setting:
1. Udaya Lagna or Ascendent, Aarogya Karaka Sun/Ravi, Mano Karaka Moon/Chandra, Lagna Lord Mars/Kuja and Ketu occupy Sarpa Drekkanas.
2. Venus/Shukra the Maha-Dasha lord in 2021 is also the lord of 22nd Drekkana and rules the 12th house of Medical Expenses & Sanctuaries/Hospitalization. Ketu, the Antara lord who might have very well precipitated matters has very low Vimsopaka Bala in Dasha Varga. They rule the Lunar Constellations of Ashwini and Bharani Nakshatras, located in the Zodiac sign of Aries/Mesha Rashi.
3. Lagna Lord Mars/Kuja also happens to be a Roga-Karaka and is closely conjunct Ketu in the Ketu-Rahu axis, while being posited in the Lunar Constellation of Anuradha Nakshatra, ruled by a powerful Saturn/Shani-dev (who is placed in the 12th house and aspects the 6th house). Mars/Kuja is also the lord of 64th Navamsa from Moon/Chandra.
4. Aarogya Karaka and current Maha-Dasha lord Sun/Ravi is also Chara Atmakaraka. He is placed very close to deep Gandanta degrees.
All these are perhaps indicators of potential health issues. But then, I'm having a hard time connecting the dots and qualifying what has been called out as mental break-down or serious mental condition. Hopefully, other knowledgeable members can shed some light, in case I've missed anything obvious.

Just so we are clear, Rahu has been active. He might very well be making things difficult to diagnose the problem. On the sidelines, most medications to address mental conditions invariably have side effects. So, it would make sense to factor that in, as also exercise caution.

Sincerely...

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 19 Dec 2023

Hi,
Thamarai wrote:
04 Dec 2023
Had exemplary results in whatever he did - studies, job, arranged marriage, progeny, parents & in law relation - both are supportive and cordial to each other, relatives, ancestral temple visits
Feb/Mar 2021 - Started picking fights with spouse(we thought stress and tried to pacify), argumentative with relatives.
Sep 2021 - Breakdown and hospitalization, released on meds.
Feb 2022 - Changed to low stress job & continued meds.
Nov 2022 - On and off meds.
May 2023 - Fully off meds. Resigned from job - starting picking verbal fights with spouse, parents, relatives.
Aug-Oct 2023 - Was in India and changed doctors and started on new meds.
Oct 2023 - Completely stopped taking meds. Does not agree to others view on continuing meds.
Given the information you've shared (see highlighted above), I decided to take a look at the wife's birth-chart, using the details you had shared previously.
Thamarai wrote:
25 Oct 2023
Wife - May 26, 1989 @ 12:50 PM in Chennai, India
Below are some observations, that might be relevant in the current context:
1. Udaya Lagna is placed in Leo/Simha Rashi, along the Ketu-Rahu axis. Lagna Lord placed in the 10th house of Karma-Sthana with natural benefics Venus/Shukra, Mercury/Budha and Jupiter/Guru-dev.
2. Moon/Chandra is the 12th lord. He is placed in the 6th house of Capricorn/Makara Rashi... more importantly, he is caught between two hardcore malefics Rahu and Saturn/Shani-dev, creating a strong Papakartari Yoga. The native's Moon/Chandra (signifying mind) is invariably stressed.
3. Saturn/Shani-dev and Mars/Kuja are placed diametrically opposite to each other. This is perhaps an indication of inherent/uncontrollable temper, whenever she loses her cool... for whatever reasons.
4. Stared Saturn/Shani-dev return and along with it her 2nd round of Sade-Sathi or Saturn/Shani-dev's transit across natal placement of Moon/Chandra from around 2017-18. She is still in the last phase of the transit.
Given the situation, she might have very well been stressed and could have given a lot of grief to her spouse.
Thamarai wrote:
04 Dec 2023
He still has decent amount of friends (from college/internship times - was not loner) and they have been helpful during this phase - however he alienates them too(nature of disease).
On my part, I'm inclined to think he does not have any friend with whom he has openly confided or shared his owes and sorrows... specially his private/personal life.
Thamarai wrote:
04 Dec 2023
His diagnosis was cancer of the mind.
I'm not quite sure I understand the diagnosis. Tumor or Brain Cancer is something I can understand and relate to. Mind is not a Physiological body part.
Thamarai wrote:
04 Dec 2023
He doubts, questions anyone who is living with him or in his circle. His reality/perceptions have changed but intelligence has not degraded - still very analytical. Some memory distortions(fake or jumbled) seems to be there which also causes confusions and trauma for us (since he believes in those and picks/blames). He believes others are making him sick person when he is not really sick and does not take medications. Since it has not yet gone out of hand(physical altercation/unruliness) there is no forced interventions.
As called out earlier, prescribed/ingested medications could very well have side effects and might be contributing to the stated situation...please validate.

Sincerely...

Sujit
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sujit » 19 Dec 2023

Thamarai,

Your brother has Scorpion rising cart.
After studying the events following change of place/ home/ residence has caused the medical issues.

-Sujit.
http://astrologer.Sujit.tripod.com
If you have the right knowledge, EXACT predictions can be made. Astrology is an incredible tool for guidance and one should take note of the energies of changing dasa lords.

Thamarai
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Thamarai » 21 Dec 2023

@ Sishya - Cancer of mind/ mental illness is schizophrenia.
Since I am not too involved in their life I don't know the actual stress or how they fight. As far as i know my SIL is very emotional and involved person.
So the question remain - will the condition improve?

Thamarai
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Thamarai » 21 Dec 2023

@ Sujit - Thank you for responding. Based on gut feeling and the happenings after moving to that house, myself and SIL's mom advised them to move out of that house. However SIL is not listening to us.
It felt like the house was affecting the man very negatively and the woman vey positively(from finance/profession/health perspective). But for both of stress has worsened.

RevatiThirunal
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by RevatiThirunal » 03 Jan 2024

Sun is posited in Magham 1-a Vainashika placement from lagna.You have to protect him for the entire Sun MD. He has a bad marital life. UL in 8th house and Rahu in 7th. Mars and Ketu in lagna are too strong to handle.With these factors, the period of a vainashika planet will be miserable. Worship Lord Shiva for controlling Sun's effect and Ganapathy to control Mars Ketu combination.