Please someone help with my hormone issues!

Questions about health.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
starwar
Contributor
Contributor
Please someone help with my hormone issues!

Post by starwar » 14 Aug 2018

I am at my wits end! This is just too much to bear. I bled for a month starting from June 27th. After ER visits and gyno visits I finally was able to stop the acute bleeding using high dose birth control. I started birth control on July 28th at 4-6 pills daily and now tapered down to one pill daily. I am left with some spotting but the problem is also I am experiencing major anxiety/fear, hot flashes with sweaty palms and feet and it makes me depressed. I take it before bed and I spend the night with no sleep because my bed becomes an inferno for 7 hours. I only have a few days left till my last pill and then I take a week break before starting new pack. I am contemplating splitting the last two days worth of pills in half so I dont experience these side effects but somehow preventing any bleeding from starting. I dont know if this is a cumulative effect from too much or my body just really doesnt like the uptick in synthetic hormones.

Now here’s my greatest worry. What happens once I stop taking pill for a week? Will i bleed acutely again? Should I stick with treatment for another month even though it is causing me to feel so unwell? I feel the low dose birth control is even too strong for me. Do I get to avoid surgery in future?? I really don’t want surgery. I am scared. Should I just drop it all and use acupuncture instead? Though I have a feeling it wont work fast enough to stop this type of bleeding. Thank you.

April-29-1983
12:58 pm daylight savings
Montreal, quebec