Speech delay

Questions about health.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Ash28
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
Speech delay

Post by Ash28 » 06 May 2022

Hi Astrologers,
My 2 year old son is not speaking as per kids his age. His paediatrician is suspecting it as global delay. I’m really worried. Please help to answer when will he start speaking or will he have communication or social issues through out life.
DoB 21/04/2020
Time 5:56am
Place Sydney Australia
I would like to request a view on his horoscope for anything concerning and any remedies which we can do for his overall development.
Thanks 🙏🏻

tylorechandra
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Speech delay

Post by tylorechandra » 15 May 2022

The 2nd house dealing with communications is strong by virtue of the house being aspected by its exalted lord. However, the house is occupied by the rogakaraka Sun. The karaka for speech, Mercury, is debilitated in a watery house, generally associated with no sound. It is aspected by Saturn. Mercury is also the badhaka for the chart. The current antardasa lord is Rahu who is in the sign of Mercury. The next antardasa lord is Jupiter who is the depositor of Mercury. The next dasa lord is also Mercury.

It would be useful, therefore, to let the vibrations of Vishnu Sahasranama reach the child’s ears daily.

TKC

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 17 May 2022

Namaste TKC,

I had an opportunity to cast the birth-chart using the detailed provided by the querent - request all to bear with me for I'm not sure if a time-correction needs to be factored in. I observe the following:
1. Udaya Lagna is in Cusp/Sandhi, caught in transition, in deep Gandanta degrees, just across in Mesha Rashi and posited in the Lunar Constellation of Ashwini Nakshatra, ruled by Ketu. More over, Udaya Lagna seems to be placed close to Mrityu Bhaga and within the fatal Trimsamsa degrees. Presence of Uccha or exalted Sun/Ravi (natural or Naisargika Aarogya Karaka) alongside is perhaps a blessing.
2. Lagna Lord Mars/Kuja is placed in his Uccha-Sthana or sign of exaltation in Makara Rashi and posited in the Lunar Constellation of Shravana Nakshatra, ruled by Moon/Chandra. Incidentally, he is conjunct a powerful 10th lord of Karma-Sthana, a Badha-Karaka and more importantly the no Non-Sense Saturn/Shani-dev and a Neecha or debilitated Jupiter/Guru creating some good (Raja/Dhana) and some not so good Yogas.
3. Venus/Shukra, the 2nd (& 7th) lord of Speech/Wealth Accumulation is also powerful placed in his Swasthana in Vrishaba Rashi.
4. Currently Maha-Dasha is that of powerfully placed Badha-Karaka Saturn/Shani-dev and Antara is that of a powerful Rahu (birth is a few days after the dreaded Eclipse and on-set of CoVID -19), who co-lords the 11th house of Badha-Sthana, until January 2024. Subsequent Antara is that of Neecha or debilitated Jupiter/Guru (until August 2026. Thereafter, the boy starts Maha-Dasha of Mercury/Budha - a nasty Roga-Karaka, as per the birth-cast I've casted.
5. Conjunction of Moon/Chandra with Mercury/Budha in the 12th house of Vyaya/Losses/Hospitalization may not be preferred.
6. In transit or Gochara, Saturn/Shani-dev is currently in the 12th house and Rahu is in the second house, from natal placement of Moon/Chandra.
7. For the records, Sun/Ravi, Mars/Kuja, Venus/Shukra, Saturn/Shani-dev, Rahu and Ketu are all placed in either their Swasthana or what is considered to be their Uccha-Sthana (sign of exaltation). Jupiter/Guru and 3rd lord of Communication & 6th lord of Roga-Sthana are placed in their Neecha-Sthna or sign of debilitation. All Planets/Grahas are placed on one side of Rahu-Ketu axis.

Given the situation (assuming I've not goofed up), I think a closer scrutiny/review by your learned self and others may be warranted.

Sincerely...

Ash28
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Ash28 » 17 May 2022

Thank you @TKC and @Sishya
Appreciate you both looking into my son's chart and providing insights.
I have already started to make him hear Vishnu Sahasranama.

But can I please ask you to explain it to me whether my child has some major deficiency (like Autism) or just that his progress is slow which he will be able to manage over time.
Please help me as I am really worried about his future and request you to guide me whether he will overcome the developmental delays and lead a normal life ?
Many thanks

tylorechandra
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tylorechandra » 17 May 2022

Thank you Sishya ji. I had indeed assumed time as 5.26 AM instead of the given 5.56 AM. My apologies for the oversight.

The change makes the karaka for speech Mercury as the rogakaraka and the current dasa lord as badhaka. Even though the Lagna is strong, being Vargottama and aspected by its exalted lord apart from being occupied by Ravi in its exaltation, the strength is reduced on account of Mercury moving into Lagna in the bhava chart, aspect of Ketu and Gandanta position of Lagna. In addition, LL is debilitated in Navamsa. The 2nd house and suffer from papakartari yoga with Venus moving to the third in the bhava chart.

Considering the above, the last sentence of my previous post holds.

TKC

Ash28
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Ash28 » 31 May 2022

Hi All,
Can you please advise whether my child has some major deficiency (like Autism) or just that his progress is slow which he will be able to manage over time.
Please help me as I am really worried about his future and request you to guide me whether he will overcome the developmental delays and lead a normal life ?
Many thanks

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 04 Jun 2022

Hi,

In my humble opinion, I believe there are both afflictions and redeeming factors. Like for instance, I'm concerned with Udaya Lagna being placed way too close to Gandanta degrees and Mrityu Bhaga (within the fatal Trimsamsa degrees). But then, Lagna Lord Mars/Kuja and natural or Naisargika Aarogrya Karaka Sun/Ravi being placed in their Uccha-Sthana or signs of exaltations and influencing Udaya Lagna are redeeming factors. Incidentally, the child was born in the Antara of Mars/Kuja, who I believe has done his part.

Further, I believe subsequent Antara of Rahu and his (as also other) current transit have not be beneficial. It has in fact contributed to the stated condition - perhaps what is being termed as "global delay". So, I'm hoping the problem with speech could very well be a temporary or time-bound problem.

The child will soon start his first Sade-Sathi or Saturn/Shani-dev's transit across natal placement of Moon/Chandra, which might not have much of negative impact. He will also start Maha-Dasha of Roga-Karaka Mercury/Budha... after Antara of Neecha or debilitated Jupiter/Guru, which should bring some reprieve. Due focus/attention is needed, to ensure there is no long term impact.

That said, I'm forced to wonder about the disposition of the parents, purely going by the birth-chart. In other words, it would make sense to consider/factor-in the concept of "Desha-Kaala-Patra", to understand the unfolding of Karma.

Sincerely...

Ash28
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Ash28 » 04 Jun 2022

Many Thanks @Sishya ji for analysing my child's chart further.

This is a bit of relief to know speech delay may be temporary.
Can you please guide me what should I do next to understand if there is a long term impact as you mentioned ?
Also if you can advise me in regards to concept of "Desha-Kaala-Patra"?

Regards

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 30 Jul 2022

Hi,
Ash28 wrote:
04 Jun 2022
Can you please guide me what should I do next to understand if there is a long term impact as you mentioned ?
Your son's chart is a bit involved/complex birth-chart. If I were to take the liberty, I'd suggest that you and your spouse be a bit proactive in keeping tabs of your son's health and well-being - do not be complacent or take things to chance.

That done, it might not be a bad idea to consider getting a qualified opinion from a well-known and knowledgeable expert (not necessarily those who charge high), along with suitable or appropriate Vedic/Dharmic remedy.
Ash28 wrote:
04 Jun 2022
Also if you can advise me in regards to concept of "Desha-Kaala-Patra"?
It is believed that the unfolding of one's Karma has a bearing on where the birth happened (which country/place/city), time/period when it happened (time and situation) and to whom (rich/poor, capable/incapable, influential, role, responsibilities etc.) the individual is born.

Sincerely...

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 01 Aug 2022

Hi,

One of the other things I'm reminded is the concept of shared Karmas - more so with immediate family and loved ones. In here, it make sense to validate if certain challenges or developments are being experienced by just the native or is a collective phenomenon within the immediate family members.

So, it might not be a bad idea to study the birth-charts of the parents to understand what might be at play during the early infancy/childhood of a kid... for it is said that the initial formative years of one's life are driven by Karma of his/her parents.

Sincerely...

KPT
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by KPT » 27 May 2023

Namaste,
My son is 3.4yr old and is diagnosed by doctors as speech delay. He speaks few words on his willingness. And gestures to communicate his needs. Can you please tell me when he will communicate for his needs like kids of his age do.
Birthdate - 12 Jan 2020
Time. 15:40
Place Ahmedabad- Gujarat

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 16 Sep 2023

Hi,
KPT wrote:
27 May 2023
My son is 3.4yr old and is diagnosed by doctors as speech delay. He speaks few words on his willingness. And gestures to communicate his needs. Can you please tell me when he will communicate for his needs like kids of his age do.
Birthdate - 12 Jan 2020
Time. 15:40
Place Ahmedabad- Gujarat
Your son was born soon after CoVID-19 Pandemic broke out. A lot has been shared/written in this forum and elsewhere the Planetary influences around that time. Soon after, we experienced lockdowns and limited social life, restricting human interaction and much needed face-to-face or in-person communication. The situation did not help infants born around the time.

Anyways, following observations in your son's birth-chart are relevant for the stated query:
1. Udaya Lagna is placed in Vrishaba/Taurus Rashi and Moon/Chandra is strongly placed in his Swasthana of Karkataka/Cancer Rashi and posited in the Lunar Constellation of Ashlesha Nakshatra, ruled by Mercury/Budha.
2. Given placement of Moon/Chandra, the child started his life in the Maha-Dasha of 2nd
8 5TH lord Mercury/Budha Maha-Dasha, as per Vimsottari Dasha System. Incidentally, he is Atmakaraka and placed in the 8th house of Randra-Sthana or times of Hardship and Challenges.
3. Mercury/Budha is the 2nd lord of Speech and natural significator of Communication. He is too closely conjunct Yoga-Karaka Saturn/Shani-dev (who seems to be literally on top - they participate in Graha Yudha or Planetary war) and both of them are scorched by Sun/Ravi for being in too close proximity. Rahu's strong placement in the 2nd house his influence cannot be discounted.
4. Currently, the little one is also in the midst of Ashtama-Shani or Saturn/Shani-dev's transit across natal placement of Moon/Chandra. This is eclipsing a decent Raja Yoga period.

Given the situation and my understanding of the birth-chart, it might not be a bad idea to get the child's throat/larynx checked thoroughly. On the sidelines, making the child hear Shriman Vishnu Sahasranama on a regular/daily basis (multiple times) may be beneficial.

Sincerely....

Sujit
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sujit » 17 Sep 2023

Hello KPT
Sorry to say the chart has difficulties for speech.
Don't run after astro remedies, follow up with doctor and start speech therapy.

all the best.
Sujit.
http://astrologer.Sujit.tripod.com
If you have the right knowledge, EXACT predictions can be made. Astrology is an incredible tool for guidance and one should take note of the energies of changing dasa lords.

svaani
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Re Speech delay

Post by svaani » 05 Oct 2023

Sorry for posting in the post, I am unable to create a new topic.

I want to know if there is speech delay or any issues for my neice.

Dob. feb 20, 2021.
time. 3: 40AM
Orlando, Florida

Sujit
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sujit » 22 Nov 2023

svaani,
Hope time is correct.
chart detail - ascendant sign - Sagittarius ruled by Jupiter is debilitated and further afflicted so there would be delay with education, but I don't see delay with speech.
Maha dasha of Moon is unfavorable so he can face delay, anxiety and sub period of Mercury though favorable could help with improvement.
All the best.
http://astrologer.Sujit.tripod.com
If you have the right knowledge, EXACT predictions can be made. Astrology is an incredible tool for guidance and one should take note of the energies of changing dasa lords.

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 22 Nov 2023

Hi,
svaani wrote:
05 Oct 2023
Dob. feb 20, 2021.
time. 3: 40AM
Orlando, Florida
Given birth-details (as per my settings) seems to place Udaya Lagna or Ascendent in Sagittarius/Dhanur Rashi. Lagna Lord and 4th lord of Homely Comforts Jupiter/Guru-dev is placed in his Neecha-Sthana or sign of debilitation (his depositor is placed alongside though and shows up in his Uccha-Sthana or sign of exaltation in Navamsa). Incidentally, Udaya Lagna or Ascendent is flanked on either side by Saturn/Shani-dev and Ketu forming a strong Papakartari Yoga (although one could debate the malefics are headed away).

Moon/Chandra is placed in his Uccha-Sthana or sign of exaltation in Taurus/Vrishaba Rashi - this also happens to be the Roga-Sthana, there by activating Venus/Shukra, the Roga-Karaka. Moon/Chandra is the 8th lord of Randra-Sthana and not a benefic. He is also flanked on either side by very storng Mars/Kuja and Rahu, forming a very strong Papakartari Yoga (you see, the malefics are converging and very powerfully placed). He is posited in the Lunar Constellation of Rohini Nakshatra, ruled by Moon/Chandra himself. In other words, the child started her life in a not so pleasant time-period, lasting till January 2028. Subsequent of Maha-Dasha is that of Mars/Kuja... who is also placed powerfully in his Swasthana in the 5th house of Purva (Janma) -Punya Aries/Mesha Rashi, but also rules the 12th house of Vyaya/Losses/Medical Expenses.

All said and done, there does exist some development delays with regards to Speech/Communication, given Saturn/Shani-dev's strong presence in the 2nd house. To make matters worse, he is placed close to Mrityu Bhaga and within fatal Trimsamsa degrees. On my part, I'd encourage the parents to consider a detailed Neuro/Psychiatric evaluation done - if not done already.

Sincerely...