Argala

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Re: Argala

Post by R V RAMANAN » 01 Sep 2010

Dear Shrikanth Ji

At present I am running the dasa of Ketu in the 7th (in sagittarius). I have mercury in the 8th, Jupiter and venus in the 10th forming Shuba argalas. I also have all the other 4 planets in the 9th forming obstruction. Of these combinations I am confused as to which one will win. Can you pls. throw some light.
I would also like to know about my Sun being debilitated in the 5th in navamsa\ where he is placed with own house venus exalted saturn and also mars.

My details
15-2-1964
New delhi

Regards
ramanan

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 10 Sep 2010

Dear Shrikanthji,

Thankyou very much for ur insight.

My area interest is spirituality. Though kethu is in the 7th it is in the star of Venus who happens to be the 5th and 12th lord exalted in the 10th house. So I wanted to know how much this kethu dasha will help me in my progress and so also the impediments to the same by the argala rule. Can u pls clarify this?

Regards,
RAMANAN

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 12 Sep 2010

Dear Shrikanthji,

Thankyou very much for the input. I shall just wait and see.

With warm regards,
RAMANAN

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Narayan » 13 Sep 2010

Dear Shrikanthji:

Can you please tell me about my spiritual progress after looking into my chart? What I want to know is when i will be able to have realization in this birth and also remaining in it once and forever and after that the state of samadhi etc? Will you be please able to tell the time approximately if there is such a yoga?

Please kindly execuse If I am asking too much, but then there is what I want to be in.

Please kindly let me know when you are free.

Thanks,

Narayanan

imann
Contributor
Contributor

Post by imann » 20 Sep 2010

Dear Shrikanth ji;

What if a malefic especially rahu/ketu is in the 2nd house?will it still support and benefit as argala?like rahu in 3rd house in rasi chart-----its should be argala to the 2nd house and the virodh argala to the lagna----so what should be the final outcome? And does this rule apply only to the planets in the said houses or also to the lordships too?
Please be kind enough to explain.

thanks and regards----imann

nageshtr

Post by nageshtr » 03 Jul 2012

Respected Srikanthji:

Can we pacify the planets producing virodhargala by propitiating them.

Rgrds,
T.R. Nagesh

nageshtr

Post by nageshtr » 15 Jul 2012

Dear Shrikanthji,

Thank you very much for the reply.

Regards,
T.R. Nagesh

justicetomeplease
Contributor
Contributor

Post by justicetomeplease » 06 Mar 2019

What if let's say Ketu conjunct with 4 to 5 Graha's, now how do one consider Argala? I think depending on the Graha's strength one would consider. If Ketu is very strong Argala's are taken anti zodiacal. That is what i feel.

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 08 May 2019

If Rahu or Ketu are with the aspecting planet causing argala, the argala must be read in reverse. Argala is conditional.

The planet that aspects the Lagna or its 7th house, or the lord of the moon sign aspecting the lagna or the moon sign itself, or both, or the Kevala, or. Yogada is eligibile to cast argala.

Argala should not be used for all houses and planets.

Thus say Ketu is with 4 grahas in a sign, if the 12th reverse becomes the 2nd house and 1 planet is there regardless of being malefic or benefic, subhaargala is caused. But if a planet is in the 2nd due to reverse due to ketu, regardless of benefic or malefic status, papaargala is caused.

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 09 May 2019

Rahu or ketu, mainly rahu in 6th, 8th, 12th, or trines to the aspecting planet causing argala mitigates good argala or worsens the bad argala. So argala is very conditional and rare someone will have just good argala by the aspecting planet.

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 09 May 2019

To clarify further, if rahu or ketu are with the aspecting planet in an odd sign, the argala goes backwards, if they occupy an even sign with the aspecting planet they will be read direct and fowards in a direct fashion.