Ultimate Guide to Moksha (with some other topics)

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
MrHelios
Ultimate Guide to Moksha (with some other topics)

Post by MrHelios » 24 Sep 2019

Hello everyone, I have seen that a lot of people are interested in learning on this particular subject and that there is some confusion going around pertaining to the same. For that reason, I am writing this lesson for the benefit of all students who wish to learn about it and apply it, study it or otherwise for their own purposes. So let me begin...

To find whether the chart of an individual has potential for Moksha, or if the soul is an old one, if it is pure etc. one needs to do the following:

First determine the Atmakaraka planet. Since the planet that is excluded from a scheme invariably rules that scheme, we will use the 8 Chara Karaka Scheme as Ketu is a natural Moksha Karaka.

Having determined the Atmakaraka Planet, next we take a look at the Jaimini Navamsa Chart. Once that is done, we take a look at the 12th from Karakamsa (the Rashi where the Atmakaraka is placed), and in case of Rahu we count backwards (antizodiacally). That place is called Jivanmuktamsa. Now we get a number of possibilities;

1) We can determine here the proper "Ishta Devata" even though it is not what is bluntly understood as a "chosen deity", rather it signifies which approach is most likely to lead a soul to eternal salvation. We determine this by following the principles ...
- If there is a planet there, then that planet becomes the signification.
- If there are multiple planets there, then the strongest one becomes the signification.
- If there are no planets then look at which planets are aspecting the Jivanmuktamsa (using Rashi aspects only) and select the strongest one.
- If there are no planets, then take the Lord of the Rashi as signification.

2) From there on, we find the Arudha Lagna of the Jivanmuktamsa and take that Rashi as Lagna. This shows which spiritual steps need to be taken for the soul to be released from bondage. Note that Rahu is always Lord of Aquarius and Mars is always Lord of Scorpio, Ketu is excluded. From here each house has its own significance:

- 1st - What fuels the Ego and needs to be fixed.
- 2nd - Which diet to adopt, mantras.
- 3rd - Which sect.
- 4th - What place to live in.
- 5th - What mantras to use.
- 6th - Service to people of a certain class.
- 7th - Donations and whether to be celibate or not.
- 8th - Sins that obstruct Moksha.
- 9th - Which Spiritual Teacher and Religion.
- 10th - Purpose of life.
- 11th - Whether to go alone or with a group.
- 12th - Meditation techniques and Yoga.

By applying Tattwas to the aforementioned houses, in conjunction with studying what planets are there and which is aspecting which one can learn a lot about leading a more spiritual life as significant to an individual soul - basically what needs to be fixed Karmically.

3) Yogas

Now, we can notice here that there are certain combinations which when they appear signify a possibility of Moksha or similar, but Ketu is the key factor of them all. Let us take a look;

- If Ketu is in 12th from the Arudha Lagna of Jivanmuktamsa, then the life of an individual will be filled with spirituality but also a lot of physical and mental suffering. The life will be one where Karma is almost at an end or is nearly depleted, or is rapidly eliminating, so there is a possibility of Moksha.

- If Ketu is in Karakamsa with Atmakaraka, and no other planet is there, and the Lord of Jivanmuktamsa is in Jivanmuktamsa with no other planet in it, then there is a great possibility of Moksha. Karma is almost gone.
(Notice that this can never happen if Rahu is the Atmakaraka)

- If Rahu is in the 12th from the Arudha Lagna of the Lord of Jivanmuktamsa, then the native will be highly spiritual.

- If Rahu is in the 12th from the Arudha Lagna of the Lord of Jivanmuktamsa, and the Arudha Lagna of the Lord of Jivanmuktamsa is in 12th from the Arudha Lagna of Navamsa Ascendant, then there is a possibility of Moksha.

- If the Arudha Lagna of Jivanmuktamsa is in 5th, 9th or 12th in Navamsa, or in 5th, 9th or 12th from the Arudha Lagna of the Lord of the Ascendant, then the native will be spiritual and interested in Moksha. In the first case it will come from outside and superficially, but in the second case it will come naturally.

- If the Arudha Lagna of the Ascendant falls in the Arudha Lagna of Jivanmuktamsa and Ketu is in 1st or 12th from it, then there will be near-Moksha or Moksha respectively.

- If the Arudha Lagna of the Ascendant falls in the Arudha Lagna of Jivanmuktamsa and Rahu is in 1st, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th or 12th from it, the native will posses some psychic ability.

- If the Arudha Lagna of Jivanmuktamsa falls in the Navamsa Ascendant, then the native will be spiritual by nature, but will not be able to focus and will tend to wander and be aimless; more so if Ketu is there. If Rahu is there the same, except there will be encounter with spirits and small psychic ability.

This presentation explains (I hope) the basics of discovering spirituality for each and every individual and what an individual soul needs to grow, expand and purify. There are a lot more things to be mentioned if I was going into fine details, but hopefully this will do alright.

And for now that should satisfy the tastes of most of the readers as I believe I have presented enough of this material to start with your own research. If there are some specific questions pertaining to this topic you can ask.

Warm regards.

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Ultimate Guide to Moksha (with some other topics)

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 25 Sep 2019

But you did not know about yogardha dasa, and said in another topic you were interested in Jaimini sutras. Just a little weezy from your post in the dasha topic, if you can write all this and not know yogardha dasa, its a little iffy.

Nice info though.

MrHelios

Post by MrHelios » 26 Sep 2019

Respected Vamanaavataram012, I usually hesitate to say that I know anything perfectly or completely in any area of life, let alone a complicated science like Astrology. Furthermore, I never said I did not know Yogardha Dasa, only asked perhaps more learned and experienced users about it (in case they use it), to explain their methods and give some helpful tips. Also, I believe firmly that you do not learn the computation - application - mastery of any Dasha (Jaimini or not) in a month or even a year, regardless of how highly one might consider themselves. In the end, all astrologers are always students, every day learning a new thing from their and others' work.

Pertaining to the other part of the note, I am familiar with Jaimini astrology and that is the system that I mostly apply and use, however so far through application of Chara, Sthira and Narayana Dasa mostly - considering that 10 years of learning the particular subject is satisfactory for the matter.

However, in case you wish to use this topic to start an argument - I am simply going to stop replying from hereon. Also was considering writing a follow up about the use of Argala, aspects and Chara Karakas meanings in this subject, but if the comments are going to be like this I will not bother.

Regards.

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 26 Sep 2019

You seem to use alot from Sanjay Raths camp of thought with 8 charakarakas. Narayana dasa is mainly practiced by him.

If you are using jaimini and ask about yogardha, and do not know the other scholars in a matter of 10 years it raises alot of questions. Case in point the usage of "argala" many scholars disagree on its usage. And most on the net here will use it from SJC school of thought, or apply indiscriminately.

In the other topic you asked for other scholars and books, so here you can glance quickly and take a topic out of nowhere without study, since these scholars will have different views. Jaimini as a whole is all over the place. If you use Upapada Lagna and Arudha Lagna give these readers the calculations you use to get these points since even these vary from scholar to scholar.

You literally gave a sugar coated post on spirituality that can apply to anything. Or use any pada for anything. Off and on 10 years is a long time. You can be getting your info from anywhere. I wll ask you this what is the usage of Divya lagna? What points are seen by multiple scholars as Sri lagna?

MrHelios

Post by MrHelios » 26 Sep 2019

Respected Vamanaavataram012, it is true that I follow SJR in applying Jaimini principles most of the time, yes. To further expound on the matter, studying Astrology on and off means working in a regular job post outside of India, and studying Astrology in spare time when possibility happens. To me it has been a philosophical hobby (sort of) and I never charged a single penny for a reading up until now. That should tell you that I do not work nor have worked as a professional astrologer in a sense that I made my living from it, and therefore there has been no need to dedicate incessant amounts of time to studying various opinions, one or two affirmed scholars are more than enough for my time schedule.

The disagreement on any topic by various scholars can only be productive, because running on a treadmill does not really take anyone anywhere despite losing energy. Same, there is no progress whatsoever if everyone is going to meticulously repeat information from a thousand year ago without investing energy into actually understanding the underlying principles as to what these things mean, therefore learning to apply them elsewhere for own purposes and research in various cases and charts.

That being said, since (I will assume) you are a Jaimini astrologer yourself, I do not need to explain why some things in my post are like they are - they should be crystal clear to you, but I am purposefully leaving out some information in order to force/stimulate the reader to perform own research (and that does not include only reading already printed and figured out material, but also using own intuition and intellect to study the principles).

Again I repeat that I know what Yogardha Dasha is and how to calculate it, how to interpret it but the problem was that I was not getting consistent results from analyzing it and the predictions did not come true a lot of the time, so I inquired from other people who "maybe" use it to hop in and give their tips.

The next point being the calculation methods for various Lagnas and such, that is true, but also irrelevant when it comes to certain things mentioned here. We are primarily interested in this case in seeing the potential for producing a highly spiritual individual, and seeking the best way to utilize Divine guidance in releasing the soul from Karma. For a Jaimini astrologer you already understand the relationships that I highlighted between the various positions and Lagnas mentioned, and the role of Mokshakaraka Ketu in it. Argala for me is definitely a worthwhile concept, and I do not object if someone else refuses to use it - so why should anyone else?

To summarize, I neither have the time or intent to argue with a nickname in an online forum. If you do not like the topic that is your right, but resorting to passive aggressiveness and near-personal insults is really not a level of conversation that I am going to consent to. The topic is assembled and written from my personal learning in combination with experiments and it is for the benefit of anyone who wants to learn something, try their own experiment on charts or similar. So, I would urge you to either contribute to the topic positively with your insight, use your acquired knowledge to assist others or otherwise refrain from gloomy attitudes. Noble demeanor renders the whole existence noble, the other case being true as well.

Regards.

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedam33 » 29 Sep 2019

Argala topic is a vast subject and difference of opinion exists between sic school of thought and my guru ji late sri irangathi Ranga chary garu who follows different method that followed in northern school of thought .