Upapada is in 12th from Arudha

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Oscar5
Upapada is in 12th from Arudha

Post by Oscar5 » 02 Sep 2019

If upapada located 12th from Arudha can bring obstacles from getting married or spouse from foreign country?

MrHelios

Re: Upapada is in 12th from Arudha

Post by MrHelios » 24 Sep 2019

Hello Oscar5. Despite the age-old claims that Upapada Lagna refers to marriage specifically, in experience I have seen it relates more to sexual union per se rather than married life. In that regard, and the case you presented that means basically what the relationship of the Self is towards union with the other half.

In case it falls in houses 1, 4, 5, 9 from Arudha Lagna then one prefers the traditional values in marriage.
If it falls in 2nd then one treats spouse as property,
in 3rd lacks involvement,
in 4th it is fine but can develop over-attachment,
in 6th the relationship is cold, materialistic and goal oriented,
in 8th partners cheat each other,
in 10th seeks exclusively a partner that makes their public image,
in 11th similar to 10th and dislikes marriage,
in 12th becomes promiscuous and has secret affairs, obsessed by physical relationships (especially during Antardasha of the 8th and 12th from Arudha Lagna).

For partner analysis it is better to check where AL of the 7th, and 7th Lord falls, usually if AL of 7th Lord falls in 12th from AL then spouse is from foreign land, if it falls in 12th from UL then marriage will take place in foreign land, but the spouse does not need to be from there. Hope that helps, regards.

GodGrace
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GodGrace » 05 Nov 2019

Sir, what about if it's in 7th from AL.
Regards.

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 07 Nov 2019

If you are concerned about Jaimini then UL is only related to spouse.
We have two cases.
AL in 12th of UL.
UL in 12th of AL.
Both arrangements indicate a delay in marriage. But this 2-12 or 1-12 is better than 6-8 or 8-6 arrangements.
If AL is in 12th of UL- Spouse rejecting native is common. If UL is in 12th from AL native rejects spouse.

The 2nd house from UL will protect marriage. 12th from UL tends to destroy the marriage. Having a natural benefic in 2nd from UL will assure a good marital life.

There are no direct sutras from Jaimini for denial of Marriage. If UL is in a bad slot, longevity of spouse is discussed by the Sage.

7th house is also taken into consideration. Dara karaka denotes sexual and business partners. Spouse may be included in A7. But no others can come into UL. 12th house is not intended for sex alone. It is the house of giving away. We call it loss. Spirituality calls it renunciation. Spouse is spiritually related to a native.

Sexual abnormalities on both extremes are more related to Mars,Nodes,Pluto and Chiron. I have added Pluto and Chiron from some discussions in Western astrology who follow Sayana system. It requires elaborate and dedicated study.

I can recall a discussion in this forum about a glaring fact-there are no indications given in classics for prostitution as a profession. Character of women was studied using D30 charts few hundred years ago. It is applicable to men also.

7th house or UL is a part of life. This study is used to demoralise the seeker in many astro groups. Seeker has to go beyond these negatives and should not get glued to unproven baseless negative predictions.

I was going through a study of sexual prediction by a KP Astrologer. He didn't spare all 9 planets.He mentions in that lengthy article about various combinations that could give sexual excessiveness. But we have to realise a simple fact that our birth times are not true. No astrologer talks about the rectification. :lol:

Rahu-Saturn combination is a main villain for marital life.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 13 Nov 2019

I have read the aforementioned Jaimini Dictums but how to interpret them in today's scenario?

If AL is in 12th of UL- Spouse rejecting native is common.
Is it because native will be dependent upon his wife for sustainance which would eventually lead to aversion from wife?

Lefteye,
I have this placement where AL is in 9th in Pisces with AK Mangal where as UL+ A6 is in 10th house in Aries.

So delay is understandable but what does rejection by spouse means? Is it fights, contempt or separation? Spouse gives away, interest fades or leaves her partner?

2nd from UL has Venus, Moon, Mercury & Sun in Taurus so they will try to save marriage but how & why will they save the marriage? Is it just because 2nd from any house is the sustainer of that house? Moon & Venus will definitely save the marriage & so does Bud but how to interpret Surya's role? How to interpret in scenarios where multiple planets are in conjunction?
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 18 Nov 2019

@shivoham
All predictions may be taken as -tending to- do this or that when we consider one at a time. Then we have to sum up all the aspects and rules to realise the final outcome. It is true that what is given in D1 is the package and promise we are endowed with. But we have to sum up all factors.
The UL Lord is in 12th to UL. So there is a delay.

As you have pointed rightly, UL/AL inauspicious placements may disturb a normal flow of married life. Not necessarily rejection. Once we are aware of this, we can avoid major issues. Also, we can go for exclusive remedy for removing or minimising the negative factor.

Longevity of any bhava is decided by its 8th bhava.It is applicable to marriage also.
The Dwadasa Adityas- may help. You can get the name of the particular Aditya of particular bhava (house) -SAY 8th from UL Sign- in Srimad Bhagavatam.You may find the other factors like Rishi,Gandhava,Yakshi,Naga etc.

This link will help.
http://www.harekrsna.de/surya/12adityas.htm

Rishi of that house will protect. Naga will oppose.Apsaras will help. There are few more rules. But that Aditya will give basic strength.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Oscar5

Post by Oscar5 » 28 Nov 2019

Can spouse appearance can be predicted from Upapada Lagna?