Chara dasha judgement

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
anulom
Chara dasha judgement

Post by anulom » 26 Jun 2019

If there are no planets in the sign whose chara mahadasha is going on how to judge the effects(making that sign as lagna).

e.g if virgo MD is running and no planets in virgo, should we judge by placement of mercury and which karaka it is? Suppose mercury is in dhanu, how the result gets modified

abhi8492i

Re: Chara dasha judgement

Post by abhi8492i » 28 Jun 2019

I have read somewhere that you count from whichever sign dasa is running, to the atmakarka's sign. And the resulting number would decide the nature of that sign dasa.

Suppose virgo sign dasa is running, and suppose mercury is atmakarka also. Now further assuming mercury is in aries, the atmakarka is 8th from current dasa sign. Thus, the virgo dasa would operate like 8th house significations manifesting themselves. Like sudden events, accidents, inheritance gains, occult and secret practices, bed pleasures. Etc will be the focus of it's time.

That's at least what I've read about it. In my life's case, it is applicable, bit I'm just a newbie. you should wait for masters' opinion.

anulom

Post by anulom » 29 Jun 2019

Thanks , well I have started virgo Chara Dasha, atmakaraka Venus in libra with MK Mars, Mercury is putrakaraka with GN sun in dhanu. Is PK with GN bad, and are they both aspecting virgo. Asking as couple of days back I resigned from my job in Virgo/Scorpio, Scorpio has neecha AMK moon.

Now Virgo/Sag has started

anulom

Post by anulom » 01 Jul 2019

Any guidance

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 03 Jul 2019

If trines are good from the Dasha lagna, or kendras. You can also judge the Arudha of the dasha lagna. If Ketu is in the Dasa lagna its beneficial. Rahu in trines, 12th, 8th,6th causes setbacks along with saturn or mars. Transits from the Dasha lagna.

If the Dasha lagna is in Kendra or trine to the Janma Lagna, Moon, Yogada, AK, or the Arudha lagna itself. Also argala, and Paka, bhogya rashi.

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 04 Jul 2019

Also take note that chara dasa is reckoned differently by various scholars. Some may use the chara dasa from BPHS which is similar to Neelakanthas method. Some use K.N. Rao's method, some use Raghava Bhattas method.

So the rules still depend on the scholar at hand. I recommend Raghava Bhattas/Rangacharyas methond if you want to judge chara dasa. And judge the chara karakas from there, along with trines, kendras, or if the rashi is benefic or malefic. Along with the graha chakram of the dasha for personal house karakas.