Query on AL based on Longitude Degree

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
skrajiv
Contributor
Contributor
Query on AL based on Longitude Degree

Post by skrajiv » 29 Jan 2019

Hi, I find that AL or other special Lagnas change based on Longitude degree. I would like to know which is the correct procedure to use when trying to find AL, UL etc

For eg, in my case my Lagna Lord Mercury (Gemini Lagna) is placed in the 8th sign of Capricorn. Counting 8 places from Capricorn results in Arudha Lagna being in Leo but as JHora default settings it's fixed at Cancer and I find the reason is because of the longitude degree computation. (My Lagna is in 2nd decanate of Gemini whereas Mercury in 1st decanate in Capricorn)

I would like to know which is the method the sages adopted. Should we factor in the degree of the longitude or just take it the original counting treating each sign as a house?

Thanks

justicetomeplease
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Query on AL based on Longitude Degree

Post by justicetomeplease » 06 Mar 2019

Rajiv, longitude based AL was discussed in one version, in the other version it isn't. Now, I'll have to read actual verses to confirm. But the tradition that I come under doesn't follow longitude based Aaroodha pada's. These Padas worked in the horoscopes that I've seen till now. So, use sign based Pada's as my Guru has suggested the same.
regards
justice

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 08 Mar 2019

I am with Justice on this one. Some scholars do not see Padas from longitude at all or say it has no bases for calculation as well. This would just further make the mess that is pada calculation in Jaimini more extreme and controversial, aka upapada or graha arudha.

skrajiv
Contributor
Contributor

Post by skrajiv » 12 Mar 2019

Thanks a lot Justice and Vamanaavataram.
This confusion is mainly because of the default settings in JHora where PVR adopts this longitude based computation.

One more question - do we need to consider co ownership of Ketu for Scorpio and Rahu for Aquarius also with regard to Arudha pada calculations or should we just stick to the original owners Mars and Saturn?

justicetomeplease
Contributor
Contributor

Post by justicetomeplease » 13 Mar 2019

Yes Rajiv, it seems that we should consider consider cho rulers that's what my Guru has been suggested.