What is Atmakarka

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
mettad
Contributor
Contributor
What is Atmakarka

Post by mettad » 31 Oct 2009

What is Atmakarka? How to calculate Atmakarka?

Thx

shweta_554
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shweta_554 » 01 Nov 2009

I am myself trying to learn things and might be wrong, but till now what I have understood is that -Atmakarka is the planet which is most advanced in it's sign or shall say has highest logitude.

Say, your Saturn is placed in Virgo at degree 27 and Mercury in Pisces at 22,........ . Here 27 is greater then 22 (and also from degrees of other planets if we assume so). Then since Saturn is having maximum logitude it becomes your Atmakarka.

(To know the degree at which planets are placed in their sign in your horoscope you can use some free softwares as Maitreya to map your chart. To learn about such free existing softwares, you can check topic "Jyotish Software for Forum Users" under board "About this Discussion Board" of the forum.)

Besides there is some other rule also when it comes to planet Rahu. But I am myself not much clear about the rule and hope you get a better answer from our learned astrologers very soon.

mettad
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mettad » 01 Nov 2009

The first house in Navmsa would be Atmakarka?

SUNIL DUTT

Darakark is least degree

Post by SUNIL DUTT » 01 Nov 2009

Dear Anupam, Least degree planet is darakarak, next to it in degree is gantikaraka working as 6L. sunil dutt

mettad
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mettad » 01 Nov 2009

Shwetaji,

Thanks really for showing useful links. I immediately downloaded without any fear of virus and it was successful!:D

I saw that there was variation in Navmsa chart with what i have . Can i believe in the Jaggnath Hora software completely?

Thanks

shweta_554
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shweta_554 » 01 Nov 2009

You are welcome mettad ji, I just showed you the door, the treasure behind it is all contribution of members of the forum. I myself learned about these softwares through the forum.

The difference in Navamsa chart might be (just an assumption) arising from the method of deducting Navamsa chart. There are various method of forming Navamsa chart from Rashi chart like Parasara, Krishna Mishra, etc. Among all these Parasara is most popular one, since I am myself a very novice learner, so can not comment much on them. But you can rely completely on Jagganth Hora for accuracy of chart (provided birth data are correct). But for analysis or interpretation of chart better not rely on sfotwares but our real learned and experienced astrolgers might help you more. Best of luck and hope you be happy in life!

SUNIL DUTT

Rahu and Ketu become atmakarka

Post by SUNIL DUTT » 01 Nov 2009

Sir, How Rahu and Ketu because atmakaka, when both have same degrees, always. sunil dutt

desyno1

Post by desyno1 » 16 Dec 2009

dear sir's , what if the atmakarka is Retro, and it reaches the highest degree in a chart, is it sill considered the atmakaraka or does it changes, i have Venus Retro in 12th house and combust. so is venus still my atmakaraka? thanx

ketaki1981

Re: What is Atmakarka

Post by ketaki1981 » 28 May 2010

And i also heard that atmakaraka also indicates the true desires of the soul and also impediments to soul growth, besides soul material (soul material -- was told by shrikanth ji).

What is everyones opinion.

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 03 Jun 2010

Dear Ketaki

The answer is yes.

ketaki1981

Post by ketaki1981 » 03 Jun 2010

ohh thankyou so much..... i was pretty confused... as to what actually it indicates... now i know it tells all (of the soul).....

girla123
Contributor
Contributor

Post by girla123 » 12 Jun 2012

Mr. Ramanan,
I would like to know what is Atmakaraka doshaa...i hv heard a lecture of Mr. Rafeal but i could not understand it and therefore seeking your help.

For records, i have retro Sat as AK in MKS

Regards,
Girla 123

justicetomeplease
Contributor
Contributor

Post by justicetomeplease » 06 Mar 2019

If AK is afflicted by 2 or more malefic Graha's there is said to be a curse on AK. Affliction can be by aspect, Papa Karthari & also conjunction.