Padanadamsha Dasa

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
sri4105
Contributor
Contributor
Padanadamsha Dasa

Post by sri4105 » 04 Mar 2018

Hi all ,

I came across Padadamsha Dasa which is calculated based on D9 chart, Arudha Lagna, AL's depositor in Navamsa, Jaimini house signs,etc

I also heard that this Dasa is pretty much accurate. Did any of you tested this?

Expecting your response. thanks.

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Padanadamsha Dasa

Post by vedicmaths » 15 Mar 2018

hello sri4105,

it is listed in jhora software. I don't think people use it often or atleast write
about its usefulness.

truly yours.
vedicmaths

joyd

Post by joyd » 19 Mar 2018

The meaning implied in Padanadhamsa is as follows:
Pada means parama pada, nadha means the lord who is Lord Vishnu, amsa means part
referring to Goddess Lakshmi, the inseparable amsa (apridhak sambandha). Hence it is quite
apt to make use of this phalitha dasa in female nativities preferably.

Padanadhamsa dasa should be reckoned inthe Jaimini Navamsa chart and not in parashar navamsa charts.This is a must condition for this dasa.

Method of calculation-

Step 1: Find out the Arudha Lagna in the Rasi chart.

Step 2: Find out the sign in the Navamsa chart occupied by the lord of the Arudha
Lagna.

Step 3: Padanadhamsa dasa should begin from the sign obtained in the step 2 above.

Step 4:
a. If the sign is cardinal and odd, the dasa-signs run regularly, if even, the dasasigns run reversely.

b. If the sign is fixed and odd, the dasa- signs run directly in the order of every
6th sign, if it is fixed and even, the dasa- signs run reversely in the order of
every 6th sign.

c. If the sign is dual and odd, the dasa- signs run directly in the order of 1, 5, 9
signs. If dual and even, the dasa- signs run reversely in the order of 1, 5, 9
signs.

Calculation of Dasa Years:

1. Count the number from the dasa-sign to the lord of the dasa-sign directly if the dasasign is an odd sign. This number is the number of the years of the dasa-sign Count the number from the dasa-sign to the lord of the dasa-sign reversely if the dasa-sign is even. This number is the number of years of the dasa-sign

2. If the dasa-sign is occupied by its lord it gets 12 years.

3. If the lord of the dasa-sign occupies its 7th sign, the dasa-sign gets 10years.

joyd.

joyd

Post by joyd » 30 Mar 2018

Example chart-

Let we see an example for this dasa by using jaimini navamsa chakra of a female native,

D.O.B=19-11-1917, at 11-12PM IST, Allahabad, India.

Navamsa of jaimini as follows-

D9-L is Scorpio. Moon in sagi ,Saturn-ketu in Capricorn , Mercury in mesh , sun 9n Gemini , Rahu in cancer , Mars in Leo , Jupiter in Virgo , Venus in Libra..

Rasi kundali as follows-
Ascendant =Cancer 27d.6mt, Sun=7s.4d.8m, Moon =9s.5d.37m, Mars=4s.16d.23m, Mercury=9s.5d.37m, Jupiter=1s.15d.21m, Venus=8s.21m, Saturn=3s.21d.47m.Rahu=8s.10d.33m.

Atma karaka = Saturn./ Dara karaka = Sun.

Rasi arooda lahna is Aries and its lord mars in leo in jaimini navamsa. Hence the
Padanadhamsa dasa begins from Leo. Since Leo is a fixed and odd sign the dasa-signs are
Leo[11yrs], Capricorn[12yrs], Gemini[11yrs], Scorpio[10yrs], Aries[5], Virgo[6], Aquarius[12], Cance[8]r, Sagittarius[10], Taurus,[8] Libra[12], Pisces[10yrs] in the order of every 6th directly in the Jaimini navamsa chart.The bracketed years are dasa duration of those particular signs].. Aries dasa begins from 19-1-1961 and ends on 19-11-1966, since the dasa-years of Aries are 5 years.

1- Natives Marriage happened on 26-3-1942 i.e. in Gemini-Libra (19-11-1941to19-10-1942).
Gemini is occupied by the Dara karaka, Sun and its 7th is occupied by the Moon. Also the bahya (bhoga) of Gemini is Aries, the 7th of which is Libra occupied by Venus. She became a cabinet minister on 9-6-1964 and Prime Minister on 26-1-1966 in the Aries Dasa of 5 years. Aries is occupied by Mercury and its 5th house is occupied by its own lord, Mars (Sutra: leyanmeshadhipaha) and the 9th house is occupied by the Moon and 10th house by Saturn in own house. The bahya sign of Aries is Sagittarius. This is occupied by the Moon, its 2nd is occupied by Saturn in own house, the 5th house is occupied by Mercury, the 11th is occupied by Venus, and the 10th is occupied by Jupiter.

2-Native becomes became Cabinet Minister on 9-6-1964 in Aries-Libra and Prime Minister of india on 26-1-1966 in Aries-Aquarius. i.e in the bahya sign, Sagittarius.

joyd.

ADC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ADC » 31 Mar 2018

As per the details given the Navmansha is Meena[ Pisces] with Lahiri Ayanamsha . Astrodatabank has given the T.O.B of madam Gandhi as 23-11.

joyd

Post by joyd » 31 Mar 2018

Dear ADC-my method of BTR in her case is a bit different one.I have taken her death incident time as my rectification tool and it as follows.

The five levels of Vimshottari at the time of death for D1 are : Saturn - Rahu - Moon - Rahu- Jupiter

Saturn is lord of 7th and 8th houses (i.e., 7L + 8L), sitting in bitter enemy's rasi in lagna (= 1H).

MD (mahaa-dashaa) planet Saturn is a killer by dint of owning 7H and 8H, and damages the prospects of lagna by sitting there bitter enmically. Saturn's MD had a great rajayoga in real life which is not clear so strongly in birth-time D1 in spite of four argalas of Saturn and exchange relation of all houses and their lords (a rare phenomenon), and will become clear only after rectification when we will be able to construct Dashaa Arambha Chakras.

AD (antar-dashaa) planet Rahu is 8L and sits enmically in 6H, hence a killer.

PD (pratyantar) planet Moon is lagnesha, sitting in enemy's house with killer 8L Rahu in enmical 6H. There, Venus is also malefic, having kendresha-dosha and 11L, and in enmical house. Hence, malefic Moon.

SD (sookshma) planet is again Rahu, a killer.

PrD (Prana Dasha) planet is Jupiter, 6L + 9L and therefore of mixed nature, but more malefic because of sitting in 11H and lorded by malefic Venus and being retrograde and in bitter inimical sign.

so based on above parameters,i judged her birt time as-23:11: 46.396693.I made it round of 23-12 or 11-12pm in my analysis.I have taken the exact coordinates of her birth home anandbhavan too in this analysis.

Anand Bhawan, Allahabad, India, 25°:27':34".078 N ; 81°:51':36".454 E (exact location of her birth-room).

Don't for get to construct jaimini navamsa chakra which is very different from your mentioned lahiri ayanamsa based parashar navamsa chakra.This i was already mentioned in my previous theoretical part of this dasha.

joyd.

ADC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ADC » 31 Mar 2018

O.k if your method is different for making the navmansha for Jaimini.

joyd

Post by joyd » 31 Mar 2018

yes.charting jaimini navamsa id entirely different from parashar.

joyd.

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 01 Apr 2018

hello ADC,

you can get the navamsa used by 'joyd' in jhora free software. Choose the
" Rangacharyaas krishna mishra navamsa ".

The dasas will be different from what joyd has given. Rasi dasa's are subject to
a reduction of one year after counting a planet's placement from its house.

Dasas for the example chart:-

Padanaathaamsa Dasa of D-9 (KM) chart (a versatile phalita rasi dasa):

Maha Dasas:

Le: 1917-11-19 - 1919-11-20
Cp: 1919-11-20 - 1931-11-20
Ge: 1931-11-20 - 1941-11-19
Sc: 1941-11-19 - 1943-11-20 ..... married on 26 march 1942
Ar: 1943-11-20 - 1947-11-20
Vi: 1947-11-20 - 1952-11-19
Aq: 1952-11-19 - 1953-11-19
Cn: 1953-11-19 - 1960-11-19
Sg: 1960-11-19 - 1969-11-19
Ta: 1969-11-19 - 1974-11-19
Li: 1974-11-19 - 1986-11-19
Pi: 1986-11-19 - 1992-11-19

-----------------------------------------------------

Event: marriage.. 26 march 1942

Padanaathaamsa Dasa of D-9 (KM) chart (a versatile phalita rasi dasa):

Sc MD: 1941-11-19 - 1943-11-20 .... scorpio is navamsa lagna
Sc AD: 1942-03-18 - 1942-05-18 .... as above..
Sg PD: 1942-03-23 - 1942-03-28... contains lord of UL ( moon) aspected by sun(DK)

truly yours,
vedicmaths

sri4105
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sri4105 » 29 Jul 2018

joyd wrote:
19 Mar 2018
The meaning implied in Padanadhamsa is as follows:
Pada means parama pada, nadha means the lord who is Lord Vishnu, amsa means part
referring to Goddess Lakshmi, the inseparable amsa (apridhak sambandha). Hence it is quite
apt to make use of this phalitha dasa in female nativities preferably.

Padanadhamsa dasa should be reckoned inthe Jaimini Navamsa chart and not in parashar navamsa charts.This is a must condition for this dasa.

Method of calculation-

Step 1: Find out the Arudha Lagna in the Rasi chart.

Step 2: Find out the sign in the Navamsa chart occupied by the lord of the Arudha
Lagna.

Step 3: Padanadhamsa dasa should begin from the sign obtained in the step 2 above.

Step 4:
a. If the sign is cardinal and odd, the dasa-signs run regularly, if even, the dasasigns run reversely.

b. If the sign is fixed and odd, the dasa- signs run directly in the order of every
6th sign, if it is fixed and even, the dasa- signs run reversely in the order of
every 6th sign.

c. If the sign is dual and odd, the dasa- signs run directly in the order of 1, 5, 9
signs. If dual and even, the dasa- signs run reversely in the order of 1, 5, 9
signs.

Calculation of Dasa Years:

1. Count the number from the dasa-sign to the lord of the dasa-sign directly if the dasasign is an odd sign. This number is the number of the years of the dasa-sign Count the number from the dasa-sign to the lord of the dasa-sign reversely if the dasa-sign is even. This number is the number of years of the dasa-sign

2. If the dasa-sign is occupied by its lord it gets 12 years.

3. If the lord of the dasa-sign occupies its 7th sign, the dasa-sign gets 10years.

joyd.

Thanks joyd. It was great to get it confirmed here. I'm looking for this reconfirmation you suggested at Step 1. For example - lagna lord in 7th house, AL will be 7th or lagna or 10th from lagna? Mark Boney/KN Rao suggested to use Lagna as AL in this case.

Also, how is a odd or even sign figured out? Is from native's lagna or from Aries? Because Jhora software does it from D9 lagna, if i'm not wrong.

joyd

Post by joyd » 29 Jul 2018

Sri41-/example-In rasi chart AL-is sagittarius. see the lord of sagittarius [jupiter] sitting navamsa sign in D9. Imagin that he is in libra navamsa. Libra is odd sign.so dasa order follows in clockwise direction like libra-scorpio-Sagittarius-capricorn-Aquarius-Pisces and so on..count always from D9 Placed AL lord sign only and not from the D9 lagna. say if lord of Libra venus placed in aquarius navamsa.so count from libra to aqaurius. How many years you got ? it is five.so the starting dasa is libra-5years..Follow the same rule for other planets too..

joyd.

sri4105
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sri4105 » 09 Aug 2018

Thanks Joyd, for answering the second question.
I still have a doubt on how AL is selected/calculated if lagna lord is in 7th house. As i mentioned earlier, KN Rao/Mark Boney suggest to use AL as the main Lagna itself.
But softwares and many people mention it as 10th from Lagna.

Request you to clarify. Thanks in advance

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen » 09 Aug 2018

Hi

You want to know about Padanadamsha Dasa and BTR of Indira Gandhi visit the link:

https://www.scribd.com/document/6413477 ... dhamsaDasa

http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/indira-gandhi

Yours TrUlY
Why did I get born in this world :x
NiT RoG En :roll:

No typo error in 6th line :idea:

sri4105
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sri4105 » 10 Aug 2018

I follow this dasa. I had that specific clarification mentioned above. Pl see if you can clarify the same. Thanks

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen » 10 Aug 2018

Hi Sri

Regarding this I can't say that this is correct or that is correct. Various researchers come up with different meaning of the same sutra.
If LL is in 7th some say use the 4th house some say take 1st house.
If LL is in 1st itself then its AP is in 10th house and for other its 4th
If LL is in 4th then AP is in 4th and other its 7th
If LL in 10th then AP in 10th and others its 7th

Everybody have their reasons. Don't know which is correct. Its like do Ra and Ke have aspects and if they have which one. Again different people different answers.

So use trial and error and see which one fits the best until you come up with a research for yourself by yourself; till then we are at their mercy. :?:

Take care

medavarapu
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by medavarapu » 24 Jan 2019

If the sign is dual and odd, the dasa- signs run directly in the order of not 1, 5, 9,but according to ,phalaratna maala kendra-phanapara-apoklima manner
signs. If dual and even, the dasa- signs run reversely in the order of kendra-phanapara-apoklima manner

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 25 Jul 2019

Some scholars take the dasa padakrama by trines for dual signs, others the kendra, panaphara. If we use phalaratnamala we must make usage of arudha pada rules for male or female births. Hence if a male is born in an even sign we take the sanmukha of the that sign, vice versa for females.

Since this is Indira Gandhi and she is a female, we just count to the lord moon. thus its in the 7th so it becomes aries. Most of the earlier posts of come from Sri Rangcharyas take on the Dasa, which comes from commentary. It can be used as an ayur dasa or a phalita dasa.

This dasa was esteemed by Vemuri Shashtri according to some.

Namery
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Namery » 24 Dec 2019

The dasa padakrama is way to understand about birth for male and female.