Marriage compatibility using AL, UL

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
CuriousBeginner
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
Marriage compatibility using AL, UL

Post by CuriousBeginner » 25 Apr 2017

Dear all,
I have been trying to learn about arudha, upapada etc. Read the discussion threads here as well. Acc. to many available articles ( esp. Shri.Sanjay Rath's) much stress has been given upon matching AL, UL and A7. But I don't see astrologers use it ( atleast in south india)in horoscope matching. Although arudha is "maya" or illusional, I find it very daunting to read when AL/UL are 2/12 in position you reject your spouse sort of analysis. :(

Could any of you kindly write about this? When we say AL/UL position, is it referring to AL of the person to UL of spouse? Or AL and UL in the same chart?Is it really important to match the AL/UL when we look for marriage? Is it true that these concepts cannot be applied to navamsa?

Sorry if this post seems to be redundant. I was trying to read the related posts by Mr. Srikanth and Dr.Neeraj but those were not available.