Q about jyotish software for ipad (iOS)

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Q about jyotish software for ipad (iOS)

Post by Crystalpages » 01 Feb 2017

Hello folks,

Do any of you use the apple ipad air 2 for jyotish? Would appreciate if someone could let me know the softwares available for mac ios. Also helpful if it supports jaimini parameters and calculations!

Thanks and Happy Basant Panchami

Rohiniranjan

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Q about jyotish software for ipad (iOS)

Post by tandav » 07 Feb 2017

Happy Belated Saraswati Puja! :D

MyHead
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by MyHead » 08 Feb 2017

There is an app from Astrosage CP Ji. Not sure if that will cater to all your needs. It's an helpful app for beginners like me :D

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 08 Feb 2017

MyHead wrote:
08 Feb 2017
There is an app from Astrosage CP Ji. Not sure if that will cater to all your needs. It's an helpful app for beginners like me :D
Thanks.
Rohiniranjan

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 04 Nov 2017

Namashkar!

There seem to be three jyotish software available for ios (ipad etc), Jyotish dashboard is commercial (very nominally-priced), other two are free. For folks using standard ayanamshas (chitra, Lahiri, Yukteshwar etc) no problem. For those using slightly different ones, these do not seem to support customizable ayanamsha. Not a huge problem for seasoned users since they can probably 'approximate' the values. Given that ios is a fairly capable platform, it is a pity that it has not drawn the interest of admittedly the dwindling numbers of jyotish programmers :-(

Hopefully, I shall be able to look at these and share my impressions. Others are welcome to share their experiences too with these or other jyotish softwares for the ios platform.
Rohiniranjan