Some Rules for Determining Strengths of Planets in Jaimini

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Some Rules for Determining Strengths of Planets in Jaimini

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 06 Aug 2016

Hi Learned Members

In this thread we will look at some rules for determining the strengths of planets in a chart using the Jaimini system.

Let's see using my chart.

In my Rasi Chart, Venus, Jupiter, Mercury and Moon are the natural benefits (Moon is bright and Mercury stands alone).

Now since Jaimini places so much emphasis on karakamsa which is defined within the navamsa chart, and we know that navamsa do have a final say of things over the rasi chart in past post discussions, let's take a look at my navamsa chart to see how the natural benefics are stronger in my chart.

Note that Jamini classifies the following as natural benefics : Venus, Moon, Jupiter, Mercury. This is regardless whether the Moon is bright or dark or whether Mercury is associated with a natural malefic or not.

However, note that my Mercury in Navamsa, although associated with Saturn, Saturn is retrogade, meaning saturn is looking towards the previous bhava, and although its functional hold on the house it is placed is strong for its own self, but it is not so strong as to give effects to the planets it conjunct with. So Mercury is not much tarnished into a natural malefic. Nevertheless, Jamini still considers Mercury as a natural benefic, as mentioned earlier.

All others are natural malefics from Jaimini's point of view.

Here we are discussing SOME of the rules applicable to my chart which convincingly shows the natural benefics are stronger in my Navamsa.

Rule 1
-------

Atmakaraka is the strongest planet.

In this case it is my Moon which is the Atmakaraka.

Rule 2
-------

Male planets is female signs are strong. Female planets in male signs are strong.

Male planets are : Sun, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Rahu (Rahu and Saturn can be taken as male planets where the topic of discussion is on the planetary force, but on the way mundane matters is tackled, Rahu is feminine like being diplomatic and Saturn is Eunuch by being detached; Parasara states that Sun+Jupiter+Rahu combined gives an illustrious son).

Female planets : Ketu (same reasoning as given earlier for Saturn and Rahu which justifies Ketu as feminine and a Eunuch for mundane affairs), Moon, Venus, Mercury (same reason, for mundane affairs, Mercury just seeks it whether male or female and thus behaves like a Eunuch but for planetary force, Mercury is rather polite).

Male Signs : Aries, Cancer, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, Pisces

Female Signs : Taurus, Gemini, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Aquarius

In Navamsa my Sun is in Sagittarius (Male Planet in Male Sign), Moon in Virgo (Female Planet in Female Sign), Jupiter in Pisces (Male Planet in Male Sign), Venus in Libra (Female Planet in Male Sign), Mercury in Gemini (Female Planet in Female Sign), Saturn in Gemini (Male Planet in Female Sign), Rahu in Aires (Male Planet in Male Sign), Ketu in Taurus (Female Planet in Female Sign), Mars in Scorpio (Male Planet in Female Sign).

So by this dimension, Venus, Saturn and Mars are strong.

Saturn and Mars can be eliminated however, because Mars is apoklima from my Atmakaraka of the Moon, Saturn by being retrogade and moving towards the 4th bhava, can also be considered as being in an apoklima to my Moon too.

So that leaves only Venus as strong in this dimension.

Rule 3
-------

Planets in their own signs, in dual signs and being kendra to the Atmakaraka are strong.

My planets Mercury and Jupiter satisfy Rule 3 which is actually made up of three sub-rules

So all my benefics (in Jaimini terminology, Jaimini here means natural benefics, there is no concept of functional benefic in Jaimini) are strong.

Best Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Some Rules for Determining Strengths of Planets in Jaimi

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 06 Aug 2016

Rule 4
-------

Planets (Masculine or Feminine) in Odd Signs with planets in the 2nd and 12th from it are considered strong.

The only planet which satisfies Rule 4 in my Navamsa is my Venus. It is in the odd sign of Libra (in fact it is in its Moolatrikona Sign) and 2nd from it is Mars in Scorpio and 12th from it is the Moon in Virgo.

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Some Rules for Determining Strengths of Planets in Jaimini

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 08 May 2019

You can add Natural strengths, and the strength of Dual, Fixed, and Cardinal signs as well.