Upapada lagna discrepancy

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
astrovedic
Contributor
Contributor
Upapada lagna discrepancy

Post by astrovedic » 17 Feb 2016

Request Learned members to clarify, which system of upapada lagna calculation proves true in reality, the regular method from the position of the 12th H and its lord, or the odd/even lagna rule ? Also is there another rule, as the UL of my chart generated in Jhora does not follow both these rules.

My humble thanks.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Upapada lagna discrepancy

Post by Crystalpages » 19 Feb 2016

astrovedic wrote:Request Learned members to clarify, which system of upapada lagna calculation proves true in reality, the regular method from the position of the 12th H and its lord, or the odd/even lagna rule ? Also is there another rule, as the UL of my chart generated in Jhora does not follow both these rules.

My humble thanks.
1. Are you sure that it (UL) works?
2. And if the calculation is in doubt, how did you test the verity of #1?

Catch-22...? :-)
Rohiniranjan

astrovedic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by astrovedic » 22 Feb 2016

[quote="Crystalpages"][quote="astrovedic"]Request Learned members to clarify, which system of upapada lagna calculation proves true in reality, the regular method from the position of the 12th H and its lord, or the odd/even lagna rule ? Also is there another rule, as the UL of my chart generated in Jhora does not follow both these rules.

My humble thanks.[/quote]

1. Are you sure that it (UL) works?
2. And if the calculation is in doubt, how did you test the verity of #1?

Catch-22...? :-)[/quote]

Dear Sir, I have not tested whether it works or not hence I'm in a fix. Hence I request senior astrologers with experience in the same.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 26 Feb 2016

Dear Astro vedic
UL is a secondary measure to know about the married life.
A rough idea can be taken by UL else other parameters shd be checked.
God bless you
Neeraj

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 26 Feb 2016

astrovedic wrote:...
Dear Sir, I have not tested whether it works or not hence I'm in a fix. Hence I request senior astrologers with experience in the same.
While we wait to hear from astrologers who have actually and successfully utilized these principles (presented in writings of sages Parashara and Jaimini, neither of whom cites the other, although the practice of citing did exist back then, such as seen in several places in BPHS), I do understand your frustration and befuddlement with this.

Lately, the association between maya-perception-illusion and so called jaimini factors have become quite prominent in modern writings and teachings. One posting even indicated a rather circumscribed distinction between upapada and darapada (kalatrapada is probably more appropriate and inclusive?), linking one to the perception of the nativity (re marriage sector and partner), while the other indicating the perception of the world towards the nativity's married life. Not sure if it was his original hypothesis or parroted version. Other variant opinions too exist involving chara karakas and bhava and graha karakas.

You have brought up a valid point about differences in calculations utilized in pretty much all software, commercial and otherwise. But there also looms large the consistent importance of that which we are drawn towards to calculate. Sadly, the two (#1 and #2 in my earlier post) are integrally knitted and thus problematical. The simplest and extremely passive approach is to just go with whatever someone emphatically claims to be the case and if that works, we keep it but if not, we toss. Most string along with that approach because they have limited time for astrology, mostly due to having other occupations and preoccupations in life. Including, some other novel factor getting introduced which will distract the individual and divert attention and interest from, say, UL to ashtakavarga, or how to find the name-letter of ones future spouse...? :-(

RRanjan
Rohiniranjan

SoulLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SoulLight » 30 May 2016

Can someone please help me clear my confusion?
As far as I understand, my UL is Aquarius.
However, Parashari Light Software shows it as Pisces.
Can someone please shed some light?...
Thank you!
SL
Last edited by SoulLight on 01 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 01 Jun 2016

SoulLight wrote:As far as I understand, my UL is Aquarius.
Dear SL
Your Lagna is Taurus and 12L Mars is in 5H so your UL is Aquarius.
I feel there must have been some changes in setting in PL that's why it is calculating wrong UL.
God bless you
Neeraj

SoulLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SoulLight » 01 Jun 2016

Thank you Dr. Neeraj ji for clarifying!
Regards,
SL