Calculation of Retrograde Char Karaka...

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Calculation of Retrograde Char Karaka...

Post by GNE » 16 Aug 2015

I was reading through some jaimini books out of curiosity, and it was in Upadesa Sutra's that mentioned there are some astrologers that calculate retrograde planets the same way one calculates Rahu's degrees (subtracting from 30).
It was an interesting idea...and I can see the logic, I mean especially for those that use 8 karaka's and calculate Rahu's longitude.
Yes I know most use 7....well, most here, I guess it depends on which forum as obviously people following Sanjay Rath or The Jhora creator use 8 . I'm not saying which is correct - my self I've only used the 7 way - but then I am no jaimini expert at all.

Just thought it was interesting to share the concept, so anyone interested could test on charts.
Example a retrograde planet at 1-3 degrees will most likely now become AK or AmK...

changes a lot...

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Calculation of Retrograde Char Karaka...

Post by Dr Neeraj » 17 Aug 2015

Dear GNE
The wonderful thing about KN Rao sir is that he always exhorts NOT to believe anyone. He encourages to experiment everything and see for self whatever method/dictum is giving results.
Plz share ur experiences with 8 Jamini karaka or results with calculating karaka differently for retro planets. No one would mind if it is giving results. Further we must not get complacent and must keep experimenting with new dimensions of astrology.
God bless you
Neeraj

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Calculation of Retrograde Char Karaka...

Post by GNE » 17 Aug 2015

I have no experience with it, I wasn't saying I did. Just that I read that and decided to share with the jaimini section of the forum in case anyone else here has read the same, or had experience with it. Or people can go test it themselves, like I will be doing from now on whenever I check charts in jaimini style, I'll humor the idea of retrograde karaka calculation (if the person has retro planets of course) and see if it seems to be working or not.
But I think to give a clear opinion, I would need to wait until it's been tested on several charts (ie: more than 10-20..)

And I don't use 8 karaka, but I know Sanjay Rath and the Jhora creator do, but like the retrograde calculation concept, I always try to test 8 karaka out if I remember too do so.
To me personally, I follow the idea of 7 karaka but use Rahu only if 2 karaka are of the same degree.

But I'm still new to jaimini,
like I said I just felt it's worth sharing the concept with the forum - incase someone like me in the past is just browsing and not posting, but likes to hear different opinions so they can go test things out and make a decision for themselves. :)