Atmakaraka and Maha Lagnamsa

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
SoulLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Atmakaraka and Maha Lagnamsa

Post by SoulLight » 17 Mar 2015

Can anyone please tell me if Atmakaraka Venus is Lord of D-1 (taurus ascendant) and Lord of Ascendanant in Navamsa is also Venus posited in 2nd house in Navamsa- does it become Maha Lagnamsa?

It says online that when Lord of D-1 and D-9 combine in D-9 it is called Maha Masya Lagna. Mine is same lord only so is it still called Maha Lagnamsa? Please tell me. Thank you.
Last edited by SoulLight on 20 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

SoulLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Atmakaraka

Post by SoulLight » 20 Mar 2015

Please tell me if Lagna Lord in both Rashi-chart and Navamsa chart is same- Venus and Atmakaraka is also Venus
Posited in 2nd House in Navamsa- what does this mean?
Help please..!

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Atmakaraka and Maha Lagna Masya

Post by Dr Neeraj » 27 Mar 2015

Dear SL
On the website, very generic combination & their results are given. Astrology is not like Maths where 2+2 always make 4. A chart shd be seen from all possible areas.
Its better to share your birth details and ask specific question on this forum, so that people may help you.
God bless you
Neeraj

SoulLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SoulLight » 01 Apr 2015

Thank you Neeraj!

Here is my birth details: DOB- Dec-24-1983, TOB: 16:20, POB: Bhavnagar, India.

SoulLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SoulLight » 14 Apr 2015

Someone please reply.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 15 Apr 2015

Dear SL
There are >300 yogas given in the book of BV Raman and the software Parashar Light gives 1000 yogas.
Yogas are the static combination of various planets and houses, but these yogas fructify in their dasha only and that too when the transits supports them.
LL of any chart will be posited somewhere in D-9 and this will also result in any yoga. Plz advice even if there is Maha Masya Lagna in ur chart, how it is going to help you?
God bless you
Neeraj

SoulLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SoulLight » 23 Apr 2015

In Maha Lagna Masya Yoga the purpose of soul definitely gets fulfilled in this life. But the rules are if Lagna Lord joins Navamsa Lagna Lord in D-9 then Maha Lagna Masya is formed. In my case, both are same so wanted to know if it makes Maha Lagna Masya.
SoulLight

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 22 Jun 2015

Dear SoulLight
Its not that if someone say then you shd get happy.
Your happiness shd be ur right. So consider the yoga existing in ur chart and be happy.
God bless you
Neeraj

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 22 Jun 2015

Hi SoulLight,

Could you please share your source and post a link to the reference?

Astrology is a science and you need to analyse the logical reasoning behind each yoga that you read. You cannot just apply yogas' blindly to a chart.

Now from what I understand, it says that if LL and LL in D9 are in the same Amsa (same rashi in D9) then it is considered Lagna Masya. Is that correct? What results is the yoga promising?

Two planets in the same Amsa, mean that there would be a deeper connection between both planets in general, even if there is no connection between them in the Rashi chart. They are not physically conjunct, (D9 shouldn't be read by itself).
Now if LL and LL in D9 are connected (in the same Amsa), what does that tell you?

SoulLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SoulLight » 22 Jun 2015

Dear Anxious,

Here is the source about Maha Lagna Masya:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=niECnV4avCM ( forward to 5 min. Then watch)

If LL and LL in D-9 comes in contact then it is Maha Lagna Masya where a Soul will definitely fulfill its goal in this birth - this is what KrS says in the video at last but his definition of Lagna Masya is when Atmakaraka from Rashi is posited in lagna in Navamsa so I wanted to clarify for Maha Lagna Masya whether its Amk meeting with LL in D-9 or LL of Rashi meeting LL of D-9??
Either way my AmK and LL in both Rashi and Navamsa are Venus only. So according to either definition, my soul will fulfill its purpose in this life (I hope :) )
However, I wanted to clarify this definition for Maha Lagna Masya whether its Amk joining LL in D-9 or LL of D-1 joining LLof D-9.
Hope this helps.
Last edited by SoulLight on 23 Jun 2015, edited 1 time in total.

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 22 Jun 2015

Dear SoulLight,

Just think what LL and LL in D9 in the same Amsa implies. It means a connection between your Rashi and D9, there is a harmony. D1 is the material reality and D9 the psyco-spiritual experience (cf Barbara Pijan), so what does a harmony between the 2 mean?

Anyways, what is the goal of your soul? It is not material success, and this does not necessarily mean Moksha either.

Now, there are so many yogas you can find out there, the best way to learn astrology is to go through classics, and not look at every single yoga you can read or hear about. And use a bit of logic to analyse charts.

SoulLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SoulLight » 23 Jun 2015

When KRS talks about goal of the soul, here he means w.r.t Atmakaraka. Yes, each and every soul's goal in a way is Moksha only but in context to Amk, the planet signifies something.
Example: if Sun is Amk, native will have to learn to overcome ego.
So will his soul be able to overcome ego in this life? To find that out, above rules need to be checked out.
I am not studying each and every yoga. Yes you are right logical thinking is necessary. I am still learning astrology.
I know even if some good yogas form in chart but due to some chart spoiling yoga/factor, the good yoga may not fructify.
For eg. Just by rules about Abhichaar Yoga, i just found out my chart has a strong one and in reality I am being affected. In fact now I look back in all the happenings, I can see how it fructified some 14 years ago. Just based on 1 yoga rule I could tell its effect. Didn't have to apply logic there. However, just as a learner I am simply trying to understand Maha Lagna Masya yoga's rule whether its Amk or LL of D-1 KRS is talking about without applying any other factors as to cancellation of yoga or anything else.