Understanding UL and A7

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
cosmicSeer
Understanding UL and A7

Post by cosmicSeer » 15 Apr 2014

Hello Everyone,

Recently I have been dabbling with the Jaimini System, UL and AL to be more specific. So before I ask any questions I would like to give you the following details:

I'm a Leo ascendant in my Rasi chart.

My UL is Scorpio (4th house) aspected by SUN/JUP/MER (Taurus, 10th), while my Venus in 11th (Gemini) is in Parivartan with 10th Lord.

Saturn(Retrograde) in 5th (2nd to UL) and aspected by Venus from (11th house of Rasi chart) and UL lord is debilitated in Cancer (12th of Rasi chart)

My Arudha Lagna is Aquarius (7th House with rahu) and A7 (3rd, Libra).

From what I have understood so far that, malefic(s) in the 2nd from UL causes a marriage to break, but does an aspect from Venus help the situation ?

Also I was trying to predict the profession of the spouse and I figured 10th from the UL is Leo, would that mean theater/politics ?

I'm relatively new to all these, please forgive me I'm making preconceived assumptions, as I'm only trying to learn.

Also let me know if you see something that is worth mentioning.

Thank you.

-cosmicSeer

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Understanding UL and A7

Post by ChandraLagna » 15 Apr 2014

There is an exhaustive thread on this topic written by Shrikant, please search for that. Most of your questions will have been answered.
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

cosmicSeer

Post by cosmicSeer » 15 Apr 2014

Is there any chance you could tell me the name/title of the thread you're referring to?

Thank you.

-cosmicSeer

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 22 Apr 2014

cosmicSeer wrote:Is there any chance you could tell me the name/title of the thread you're referring to?

Thank you.

-cosmicSeer
I tried locating it using the search functions and some keywords and author but the engine indicated that there were too many posts. Let us hope and wait that someone who has the URL link etc comes forward to help. Folks have very diverse opinions about chara karakas and other Jaimini parameters and their interpretations (as well as calculations, such as for UL) and a few even denounce the validity. The latter extreme perspective is unlikely because the system has been in place for a long long time and had it not been useful or meaningful, it would have been wiped out by now entirely. Let us remain hopeful!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 27 Apr 2014

Hello Sir
Maybe you meant this article
“Understanding Relationships͵ Weddings and Marriages“

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 05 May 2014

Daer cosmicSeer
You can also read
God bless you
Neeraj

ashy

Post by ashy » 27 Mar 2016

I got to say cosmicSeer your chart is excessively similar to mine in one sense.

My lagna is Cancer. My UL is in the 4th house (Libra). My AL is in the 7th house (Capricorn) - but they say when it is in the 7th house it usually means the Arudha lagna is in the 4th (read the sutras for their reasons).

Also my Darapad (A7) is in 3rd house (virgo) - 12th from UL and possibly 12th from Al, which is not good for the physical compatibility of relationships. But do you see the similarities.

I'd be curious to know your overall chart details because it seems parallel to mine. I have Saturn retro in my 5th house (Scorpio). Saturn is also my atmakaraka.

Regards,
Ashwin