Karakamsa in Jaimini Astrology

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
avinash16
Contributor
Contributor
Karakamsa in Jaimini Astrology

Post by avinash16 » 04 Mar 2014

Dear All,

I was doing some research on Jamini astrology.

Amongst many things, I found out the concept of Karakamsa.
This is the best method of finding career. Where your soul will eventually lead to in order to reach your this life vision and mission......
method: The atma karaka (planet in the highest degree in the chart) will fall in a certain sign in the Navamsa (harmonic ninth) chart. This sign in the Navamsa in which the Atma Karaka falls is extremely important. According to one school of thought, this sign assumes a special status called the Karakamsa. K. N. Rao has made a special study of this topic and feels that this sign should be moved to the natal chart, and there it becomes the Karakamsa. The Navamsa position of the atmakaraka then becomes an entity called a Swamsa chart
10th house from the lagna of this Swamsa chart will determine the career
Then i applied the same formula in my chart:
male/ single
dob: 16 sep 1980
tob:1435 hours/ 2:35 pm
pob: saharanpur, UP, India

Jupiter is my atma karma. It has the highest degree

And my lagna of Swamsa chart came out to be cancer and 10th from cancer is aries in my D1 chart, which is empty. How should i determine the best career for myself?

How should i proceed further....please advise?
Am i doing something wrong here?

lifeline
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Karakamsa in Jaimini Astrology

Post by lifeline » 16 Mar 2014

Dear Avinash,

Jupiter is the Amtakarka...the karakamsa sign becomes Sagittarius( as Jupiter is placed there in navamsa)
So the KL or Karakamsa lagna in the birth chart is Sagittarius itself...

Regards,
Lifeline

avinash16
Contributor
Contributor

Post by avinash16 » 16 Mar 2014

so 10th house comes out to be virgo....
how should i judge the best career for myself now.....please give me some hints
please help me

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 29 Mar 2014

Dear Avinash
Your karakamansha is Sagittarius (Also natal Lagna). 10L Mer is placed in 10H alongwith 9L Sun which is DKA (Dharam Karam Adhipati) Rajyoga.
One of the dictum regarding career is "Navamsa dispositor of 10L has max say in the choice of one's career"
In ur chart, 10L Mer is in own navamsa. So Mer has max say in the choice of ur career.
Mer governs commerce and trade. In ur chart there are many indications suggesting own work (Plz refer: http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... +principle).

Your current Jamini dasha is Leo which contains Ak Jup. This is aspected by AmK Mars so it shd be a gud time for ur career.
How was ur time (in career) from Aug 2012-July 2013. This time u had AD of Libra which contain AmK Mars. It shd have been a gud tiem for ur career. Now u shd expect gud results from May 2015 as from this time AmK will be in 10H from AD.

God bless you
Neeraj

avinash16
Contributor
Contributor

Post by avinash16 » 30 Mar 2014

Dear Doctor,

Many thanks for clearing my doubts in such a lucid manner. I really appreciate it.

My period between Aug 2012- July 2013, was very ver bad.

I left my my job in December 2013, and am struggling to find another good one. I guess there is some error in your calculations here. You may like to re-do this

One more thing - Is is possible to to have a paid/ professional consultation with your good self? Please tell me how can I connect with you?
Any email id or cell no?

I am facing a huge dilemma regarding my professional life these days, which I would like to expelling here in bit:

As from above you know, I am unemployed since Jan 13. I am facing lot of difficulties in finding a good job for a very long time. I almost cleared 3 interviews last year, but things got postponed indefinitely

This March 2014 Government of India notified the increase in age for the eligibility criteria of IAS exams
This make me eligible for wiring IAS exams under OBC category.
My parents are insisting me to write this exams this year. Do you see some success for me? But I will do my preparation of IAS exams along with a job, as i can't take such a huge risk.

The biggest motivation for me to write IAS exams is to go for Indian foreign services. This is my dream job. It will enable me to travel the world, my ultimate wish.

What do you suggest?

Exams are as follows:
Prelims: August 2014
Main: December 2014
Interview: April-June 2015

I am in the process of finalising optional paper for the above, but I look forward to your advice.

Looking forward to your reply.

best regards,

lightlamp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lightlamp » 30 Mar 2014

Hello avinash16,

Jupiter as AK , in dhanus , can give a fall as per jaimini dictum.
Exactly in jan-2013, jupiter antar started and you lost the job.
I use an ayanamsa that is between lahiri and raman.

Lightlalamp.
when ANGER SPROUTS, wisdom shrinks...( Mars EXALTS where Jupiter DEBILITATES ) !

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 31 Mar 2014

Dear Avinash
I checked again but th calculations are correct.
Anyway when I looked at Vim dasha it was Ven-Rahu from Apr 2012.
Both Rahu & Ven are placed in ur 8H which signifies hidden enemy action/victimization of politics.
But again leaving job in the PD of LL Jup is not explained clearly.
Perhaps I'm not able to sense ur chart properly. May be other learned members can shed some light on it.
God bless you
Neeraj

avinash16
Contributor
Contributor

Post by avinash16 » 31 Mar 2014

Dr Neeraj,

My best time in my professional life was from January 2011 - Feb 2012, but then thing started to deteriorate for me after wards,

my boss turned hostile and was very abusive. I tried to work very hard but my heart was not in to it. So i resigned in September 2013 and then served my notice period till December 2013. I was confident that i will get a job after 3-4 month sabbatical, but things didn't turn out as planned

I have worked very hard in my work life starting from June 2007, with almost no personal life.

In my working stint at the last company, I worked non stop, but thing were never very smooth for me. In terms of salary, I outgrown many peers and my friends, but to be very honest, I couldn't take the abuses of my boss and 24/7 pressure.

I was tired mentally and after giving it a lot of thought I resigned exactly on 29 September 2013

Is it possible to connect with your good self through email id or personal no. I would like to take consultation offer.

What do you have to say about my attempt for IAS exams this year?

lightlamp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lightlamp » 31 Mar 2014

Hello All,

Saturn and sun in tenth can easily bring conflicts with the boss.

" My period between Aug 2012- July 2013, was very ver bad "

Vimsottari Dasa:

Ven MD: 2002-11-25 - 2022-11-25
Rah AD: 2010-01-23 - 2013-01-22
Sun PD: 2012-06-27 - 2012-08-22 .... start of dissatisfaction

Finally decides to quit...

Vimsottari Dasa:

Ven MD: 2002-11-25 - 2022-11-25
Jup AD: 2013-01-22 - 2015-09-26
Sat PD: 2013-06-01 - 2013-11-05 >>>>> conflict with the boss

Sookshama dasa in saturn PD

Sat: 2013-06-01 - 2013-06-26
Merc: 2013-06-26 - 2013-07-19
Ket: 2013-07-19 - 2013-07-28
Ven: 2013-07-28 - 2013-08-23
Sun: 2013-08-23 - 2013-08-31
Moon: 2013-08-31 - 2013-09-13
Mars: 2013-09-13 - 2013-09-22
Rah: 2013-09-22 - 2013-10-16.......... quits on sep 29.
Jup: 2013-10-16 - 2013-11-05

Please note aruda of tenth house falls in Gemini.

Rasi dasas too show the same thing.

Lightalamp
when ANGER SPROUTS, wisdom shrinks...( Mars EXALTS where Jupiter DEBILITATES ) !

avinash16
Contributor
Contributor

Post by avinash16 » 31 Mar 2014

Dear Lightlamp, Dear Doctor,

Please also advise me on my above situation in my career thing

- when will thing start to improve for me as far as career is concerned
- When do you see me again working
- I am broke these days. I will redeem my savings now
- Is going for IAS right thing for me

I was drawing very high salary in my last company and I had one of the best job profiles but still I think I made the right decision. I have no regrets. I was on the verge of mental breakdown and decided to remove all negativity (job/ boss in this case) from my life

Now I am living with my parents, and the most positive thing from my worst year 2013 was that relationship with my father has improved quite a lot

Now I just need to sort out my career and settle down in coming days......

avinash16
Contributor
Contributor

Post by avinash16 » 01 Apr 2014

I am sorry for some typing mistakes

I resigned on 29 september 2012 (and not 2013)

I am jobless since January 2013

My dissatisfaction started from March 2012.......

I served my notice period from October 2012 to December 2012

My boss again called me In feb 2013 to work on a project for temporary thing, but we fall out in en extremely harsh environment and we couldn't continue to work.

I guess he was very angry/ and jealous with me of quitting the job.....

Vaishu316
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Vaishu316 » 10 Mar 2017

Hi myself having atmakaraka as venus and it is placed in Sagittarius sign in navamsha. Thus Sagittarius is my karakamsa. Sagittarius is my ascendant in d1 so in my both d1 and karakamsa chart virgo becomes my 10th house and in both the charts virgo is empty. Lord of my 10th house mercury is along with sun in combusted state in 8th house (cancer sign)of my lagan chart whereas in karakamsa it is in my navamsha lagan which is cancer sign. In d 10 chart also my 10th house is virgo and 10th lord mercury is in 9th house with saturn. What will be the direction of my career. Right now i m clueless and unemployed. Trying govt exams since 2016 but not successful. I m a postgraduate in chemistry and i would like central govt job in chemistry related stream...like forensics..or research in drdo..i m preparing for exams till now..ready to wait to c d results..but will i b successful..am i in right direction..i m interested in teaching also..

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 03 Jul 2019

Take note some scholars do not take Karakamsa lagna from rashi, or place it there, but it in navamsa itself. Some use Krishnamishras navamsa to find karakamsa lagna. Others say to take the same results from Arudha Lagna itself, or from the Drekkana lagna using parivritti, or somanattha Drekkana. It is all dependant on the scholar or teacher.

So if you have AK Jupiter, and its placed in say D-9 Krishnamishra in taurus, Taurus is the Karakamsa Lagna. Read it from the Navamsa itself. Then judge and compare the results from Arudha lagna, and AK in Drekkana.
It seems much, but stick to Karakamsa lagna in navamsa, or Rashi depending on whichever scholar you follow, or try both.

It's best to have knowledge of all these things.

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 03 Jul 2019

Dear Vamanaavataram012 ji,

Can you please shed some light on scenario whereby Arudha lagna and karakamsa are the same?

My atmakarka is mercury. In D-9 it's in own sign , Gemini.

AmK is Saturn, and in both methods (parasari and Jaimini), casts an aspect on Karakamsa in lagna chart. In D-9 it's in virgo, again a mercurial sign.

Is that a good/fortunate/unfortunate combination for a writer, according to Jaimini (or parasara) methods? I've read gemini is the prime sign and mercury is the prime planet respoonsible for that. And whether arudha and karakamsa lagna being it mean something.

Many thanks.

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 04 Jul 2019

They are two different lagnas. If both are the same the results from Karakamsa should be judged from both. Depending on the method of obtaining arudha lagna depending on the scholar the results may differ. For example if you are a male born in an even sign, you will take its frontal(sanmukha) signs pada, yet if the 7th house from the frontal sign is stronger you take its pada. Some say take Lagna lords pada if its stronger than the lagna itself. So even if they are the same one may take results from Karakamsa lagna in navamsa, or rashi.

Arudha lagna can deal with fortune, wealth, gain of income, the prosperity of the lagna itself, and contribute to several dhana yogas and raja yogas, if combined with Karamkamsa and benefics result can be ideally better. Yet some take arudha lagna for illusion or maya, but this is up to the astrologer or scholar at hand. So both being the same can be beneficial, but the results must be judged from both, aka Karakamsa lagna in navamsa chart, and the arudha lagna in rashi.

Parashara/Varahamihira graha aspects should not be used with jaimini techniques. Rashi aspects, argala from aspecting planets are to be used. Amk is the not the only planet responsible for career, but the houses from karamkamsa lagna, and yogada itself cause this. So for example if mercury, jupiter, venus are in the 2nd or aspect the 2nd from karakamsa lagna the conditions are good for righting regardless of Amk which supports it also.

There is a lot to judge besides charakarakas, arudha lagna, and Karakamsa lagna. Yogada, the planet giving the best yoga and the housess from it can give the ability to be a writer. Now, if saturn is casting aspect it should help to its own friendly sign. But this depends on if you are using karakamsa in rashi, or karakamsa from the navamsa itself, via Krishnamishras navamsa.

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 06 Jul 2019

Dear Vamanaavataram012 ji,

Thanks for the enlightenment. No, I wasn't actively trying to mix parasara with Jaimini, just stating, about the repetitive/reinforcing themes here.

Saturn is 9th in my chart of aries ascendant, casting a parasari 7th aspect to Gemini, as well as sagittarius to gemini sign aspect of Jaimini.

You were very helpful about Yogada/other factors. I wasn't thinking about those.

I have another thread here involving Saturn, Venus and moon (in Jaimini Rajyogas). Could you please provides some bits of your wisdom there?

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 09 Jul 2019

Karakamsa is the most fascinating topic but the most obscure one also. K. N. Rao ji comments on the navamsa sign usage in navamsa itself pinning atma karaka. He further asks if Sun is atmakaraka and if you start counting the sign with Sun as karakamsa,then everybody will have Sun in lagna. In the above light together with the first post of this thread made in 2014, Nikhilji's explanation is something noteworthy.

Most of the astrologers fail to make any distinction between Swamsa chart and Karakamsa chart. As a result they end up applying rules w.r.t Karakamsa chart on Swamsa chart.
So How to form Karakamsa chart?
1) Identify the Atmakaraka (Planet with maximum number of degrees in comparison to other planets)
2) Locate the rashi in which this Atmakaraka is placed in Navamsa chart.
3) Place this Rashi in the Lagan of Karakamsa chart.
4) Now Place all planets in this chart IDENTICAL with their Rashi placement in LAGAN chart.
This casted chart is known as Karakamsa chart

D1 with a new lagna chosen from D9 is karakamsa.

How to form Swamsa chart?
1) Identify the Atmakaraka (Planet with maximum number of degrees in comparison to other planets)
2) Locate the rashi in which this Atmakaraka is placed in Navamsa chart.
3) Place this Rashi in the Lagan of Swamsa chart.
4) Now Place all planets in this chart IDENTICAL with their Rashi placement in NAVAMSA chart.
This casted chart is known as Swamsa chart
Karakamsa chart has Physical dimension to it, or experiences of body i.e. more on a materialistic front like lagan chart. Swamasa Chart should be seen for effects on soul or experiences of soul or more on spiritualistic front.

D9 with a new lagna using Atmakaraka's navamsa sign is Swamsha.