can we use graha drasti while using jaimini methods.?

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
exalted mars!.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
can we use graha drasti while using jaimini methods.?

Post by exalted mars!. » 01 Feb 2014

currently i am studing this subject and i am confuse,wheather to use graha drasti when we use jaimini methods of predictions...for e.g(for aris ascendent) UL is in capricorn with saturn(movable sign)...and jupiter is in leo(8th from there in fixed sign)with sun and venus...so jupiter,venus and sun are giving a rasi aspect on UL,but they are not aspecting 2nd from it...so can we use graha drasti which is common 7th aspect in this case?..,or we have to stick to rasi aspects in jaimini systems?..
EM!

!! samaya kevalum balayasi !!,

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA...(~_~)~~~~

hiimnotcool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: can we use graha drasti while using jaimini methods.?

Post by hiimnotcool » 02 Feb 2014

Only rasi in jaimini.

exalted mars!.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by exalted mars!. » 02 Feb 2014

hiimnotcool wrote:Only rasi in jaimini.
Thanks hiimnotcool....for your inputs...,
Any one else?..
EM!

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 03 Feb 2014

[quote="exalted mars!."][quote="hiimnotcool"]Only rasi in jaimini.[/quote]
Thanks hiimnotcool....for your inputs...,
Any one else?..
EM![/quote]

Dear friend,

One suggestion, if I may:
Find a chart where two planets are involved in a griha drishti but no rashi drishti (or the opposite, namely rashi drishti but no griha drishti)
Examine what the nativity experienced during the dasha-antardashas of the two planets in vimshottari
Examine what the native experienced during the chara dasha-antardasha of the two signs.

This may help you in your exploration, though it would require a bit of work :-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

lifeline
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lifeline » 03 Feb 2014

Hi,

Ideally, Jaimini is specifically for Rashi Dashas and Drishtis; Parashar is for Planet Dashas and Drishtis....But few highly learned astrologers who are both aware and comfortable with these 2 techniques tend to use both simultaneously.

Jaimini usually provides the correct timing and Parashar provides the affect

Regards,
Lifeline

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 14 Feb 2014

Dear Lifeline,

Many venerable contemporary astrologers-writers have strongly advised against mixing the two: Jaimini and Parashari! However, while their CAVEATs are well-understood, the simple FACT is that BPHS is a compendium par none, and a veritable treasure chest, which no Jyotishi/ni, young, middle-aged, old must ignore or let out of their sight, EVER?

BPHS includes the fundamentals of Jyotish and includes what has become polarized recently into Jaimini and Parashari!

"Comfortable" is the keyword you used and it is valuable!

I think we should remain curious and not close the shutters too prematurely! Jupiter is the same planet whether viewed through so called Parashari filter, or Jaimini filter, and fourth house (for example?) is the same house whether in the Parashari house or the Jaimini house!

If we puny human beings can wear so many hats and lead a balanced life, be at work or at home or on internet, etc., I am PERFECTLY certain that so can the planets (each single one of those!) and houses (all twelve?) surely have the capability and potential of the same? How else could we derive so much information and meaning and helpful advice and instructions from those...? As many seem to??

Astrology reminds us again and again, and until we all listen!

Love, Light and Reality!

Rohiniranjan

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 16 Feb 2014

exalted mars!. wrote: Any one else?..
EM!
Dear EM
We shd not mix up 2 school thoughts.
However u shd read the concept of Agrala in Jamini astrology which says that almost all houses have effects on one house.
God bless you
Neeraj

exalted mars!.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by exalted mars!. » 16 Feb 2014

Dr Neeraj wrote:
exalted mars!. wrote: Any one else?..
EM!
Dear EM
However u shd read the concept of Agrala in Jamini astrology which says that almost all houses have effects on one house.
God bless you
Neeraj
Thanks neeraj ji...for your inputs..
EM!

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 04 Mar 2014

[quote="Dr Neeraj"][quote="exalted mars!."]
Any one else?..
EM![/quote]
Dear EM
God bless you
Neeraj[/quote]

Dear Dr. Neeraj,

The fundamentals of Jaimini System are all present in Parashara's epic (and dare I say one of the most organized ancient scriptural writing in the Indian system of astrology), "The Grand compendium of Horoscopy", be those the concept of "bridges between signs" or 'glances between planets', so perhaps given that fundamental FACT, we might not treat the two systems mutually exclusive, at least not at such fundamental level of considerations.

The planets, presumably, do not don two separate hats for different occasions and applications, Jaimini or Parashari, but simultaneously exert or effect the two attributes, etc as described by Parashara and/or Jaimini.

However, I realize that opinions will differ. That said, I do agree that most individuals who are beginners do tend to get confused early in their paths and the two systems are complex and laden with umpteen factors and considerations, so perhaps the mammoth of astrology is best eaten, morsel by morsel, initially, and for many, even later on...!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 20 Mar 2014

Dear Rohiniranjan
I agree with you completely. Planets give results in totally & its upto us how much we can decipher.
KN Rao sir infact suggests that we need to see beyond books and consider only those dictum that are working.
While analysing a chart, it shd be seen in totality by employing all systems and dasha.
Regards
Neeraj

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 23 Mar 2014

Dr Neeraj wrote:Dear Rohiniranjan
I agree with you completely. Planets give results in totally & its upto us how much we can decipher.
KN Rao sir infact suggests that we need to see beyond books and consider only those dictum that are working.
While analysing a chart, it shd be seen in totality by employing all systems and dasha.
Regards
Neeraj
Dear Neeraj,

Jyotish and medicine have certain similarities, indeed. Physicians study and learn about diseases and syndromes, but the patient arrives as a human being waiting for the doctor to wholistically apply the learned vidya (many books and applications, etc) to then diagnose and treat.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan

avinash16
Contributor
Contributor

Post by avinash16 » 24 Mar 2014

@dr Neeraj,

I have a query regarding a very particular situation in my career right now.

Is it possible to take professional/ paid device from your good self? Please tell me how is it possible......what your personal email id to connect?

Best regards