Gnati Karaka in dushanta house...

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Gnati Karaka in dushanta house...

Post by GNE » 25 Nov 2013

Hello all,
I was wondering if Gnati Karaka (GK) is considered somewhat more "beneficial" in a dushanta house?
Much like a parashara "viparita raj yoga"?

I ask because my GK is in the 6th, and I feel I've not suffered much strife or illness(for sure not this one...never been injured majorly, or needed hospital attention) in my life, and wondered if it's placement as GK "significator of 6th" in the 6th is somewhat better than if GK was in a "good" house like 1st, 5th, etc..
(And I have been in a char dasha of sign aspected by the GK for about 10 years now).

Do jaimini karaka's work like this? example AK in ascendant, AmK in 10th, PK in 5th,etc.. are all "ideal "positions because it's the house they represent?

thank you

srcs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Gnati Karaka in dushanta house...

Post by srcs » 25 Nov 2013

@GNE; sage jaimini astrology is different from Parasari in all aspects.Jaimini has own karakas ,Rasi
based aspects&Argalas.It dispenses away with lunar mansions &its effects of nakshatra.
No mix up is to be done.Jaimini makes use of parasari natal lagna only as a starting point for its
unique dasa order.It is more or like tropical western zodiacal sun sign based astrology because tropical
too does away with lunar mansions but it differs in certain ways from it too. Objectively I 've found
the explanations given by some of practioners of chara dasa for certain life events given are not only
very weak/illogical but contradictory when explaining the same life event.When jaimini chara dasa used,
justification why a particular rasi dasa is giving/not able to give that life event should be based on
its unique karakas/rasi strengths/its aspects/Ak/KA but no recourse should be taken to parasari natal houses.
This is flouted in so many cases.There are rasi dasas which are 6/8th to KL had given benefic results while benefic
rasi dasas didn't do any favour.In ur case GK aspected rasi is not supposed to give good results if 8th from rasi dasa
is asp. bu it.Here aspects mean not the usual parasari types/longitudes based. It is found udu dasa explains life
events very well & at least this is my experience.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 26 Nov 2013

Thanks for the info.

Im still confused as to my GK placement's effects...
I've been in the rasi char dasha of Aries for many years now, and the GK saturn is in scorpio - 8th from it.
In aries: I have my AK and DK, and it's also aspected I think from PK in aquarius(?)

and you're saying Udu dasha might better explain life events than char ?

Thanks

srcs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by srcs » 26 Nov 2013

@GNE; Udu dasa has fixed number of years for planets but whereas in jaimini there are no such for Rasi dasas.
The rules for fixing years is not uniform &added to that rules for reckoning years for dual lord ships cases
are ambiguous.No doubt sage jaimini broke novel ground to quantify directional influences.His sutras carry multiple
meanings & so open to myriad ways of interpretations.If one actually works out known life events cases based on
chara dasa one may be surprised to find Rasi dasas not relevant either to jaimini karaka/AK gives result due
to the inbuilt short frame of reference unlike udu dasa where the variables are many & so frame of reference is
wide.In fact as per jaimini principles u shouldn't 've enjoyed good results.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 28 Nov 2013

Dear GNE
You are correct in ur observations.
AmK in 10H, GK in 6H, DK in 7H are gud.
But remember nothing is absolute in astrology,
DK in 7H may give death too. Likewise GK in 6H may give competition which one will win.
God bless you
Neeraj

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 30 Nov 2013

Thanks for the replies, both of you.

Dr. Neeraj,
That makes sense to me - and would somewhat explain why I didn't have any very negative results during this Chara Dasha period.
Especially since I notice I went through the sub chara dasha period of the sign in which my GK is placed...and that year infact was one of my better years. Sure there was some stress, but I managed to get more work done, meet new friends and made a bit more money that year actually than other years recently. There was lots of competitions, and yes I did come out winning them at the time.

Even if my birthtime is off (let's assume), I checked and the years that GK Chara dasha sub period would have still happened during times that were pretty good overall for me.

Would retrograde have any effect on the jaimini karaka's? (my GK is retro).

Thank you

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 02 Dec 2013

The book written by KN Rao almost leave special cases like retro planets, their position in navamsa, mritu bhag etc.
But I feel they shd be considered.
Retro planets give erratic (good or bad) results.
God bless you
Neeraj