Prediction Rules for Jamini: Step by Step (Part-6 UL)

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Prediction Rules for Jamini: Step by Step (Part-6 UL)

Post by Dr Neeraj » 18 Oct 2013

Selected Abstract from Jamini Maharishi's Upadead Sutra (Sanjay Rath):

What is Upapada Lagna (UL)?
Pada of 12H is called Upapada and analysis by taking this sign as lagna is called Upapada lagna.

Analysis from UL:
While analysing from UL, 2 houses are very important: UL itself and 2H from UL.

A) Combinations for UL:
a) Exalted lord of UL gives spouse from upper class (above the native's social class)
b) Debilitated lord of UL gives spouse from lower class (below the native's social class)
c) If benefics conjoin (posited, aspect or conjunct) UL, beautiful/handsome spouse.
d) If malefics conjoin (posited, aspect or conjunct) UL, not so beautiful/handsome spouse.
NOTE: Combination of UL denotes inner beauty or ugliness of the person, NOT the external appearance.

B) Combinations for 2H from UL:
a) 2H from UL, if conjoined with malefics, native looses his/her spouse. Sun is not considered as malefic for this combination.
b) Any planet debilitated in 2H from UL, native loooses his/her spouse. However if 2L from UL is in own sign, exalted then the separation occurs at advanced age.
c) Any planet exalted in 2H from UL, native will have many spouse/affairs.
d) Plnaets conjoined with 2H from UL
(i) If 2H from UL is related with Sat & Rahu, native lose or deserts the spouse due to scandal.
(ii) If 2H from UL is related with Ven & Ketu, spouse of native will have blood complications/disorders.
(iii) If 2H from UL is related with Mer & Ketu, spouse of native will have deacy or bones or breaking of bones. Spouse will be bulky/fat.
(iv) If 2H from UL is related with Sat, Rahu & Sun, spouse of native will have dangerous fevers (may be fatal).
(v) If 2H from UL is a sign or Mer or Mars and Mars or Sat posited there then nasal problem to spouse may be there
(vi) If 2H from UL contain Sat & Jup, spouse of native will have ear complaints or nervous disorders.
(vii) If 2H from UL is related with Jup & Rahu, spouse of native will have dental problems.

Happy Learning
Neeraj
Last edited by Dr Neeraj on 10 Sep 2015, edited 2 times in total.

neva

Re: Prediction Rules for Jamini: Step by Step (Part-6)

Post by neva » 21 Oct 2013

Dear Dr.Neeraj,
As per the above article, I have exalted UL lord which is with Rahu in the 12H. 2H from UL has Moon, also, Sat and Mars aspect the 2H from UL. What could be the interpretation here..about social status of spouse,if handsome or not, whether marriage will sustain, and if Rahu's influence signifies spouse from foreign/another caste..etc.
26/02/1988, 10.40 am, Cochin.

Thanks.

neva

hi..
Dr.Neeraj, FYI

regards.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 21 Oct 2013

Dear Neva
Your UL is Taurus and lord of UL Ven is exalted in 11H.
I'm using PL7 which shows Rahu in 11H with Sun.
Moon posited in 2H from UL is gud and Jup in 12H is again gud, thus makig UL shubh kartari.
However presence of Mars & Sat in 8H in not desirable. It denotes short length of marriage {plz read my post Prediction Rules for Jamini: Step by Step (Part-5)}

Analysis from Lagna: 7L Ven is exalted in 12H is gud but it is aspected by Mars who's LL as well as 8L.

From Moon presence of 6L Mars & 8L Sat in 7H are disastrous. Mutual exchange of 7L Jup & 11L Mars indicate remarriage. It may be a broken relation before marriage.

From Arudh Lagna the presence of Sun & Rahu in 7H denotes misunderstandingd and separation. 7H is aspected by 6L Sat indicating litigations.

Now there are for sure some wrong combinations in ur chart but there is law of free will too. I'm not pronouncing that disaster will happen in your marital life. Its just planets are adverse and these combination will present challenges in front of you but you will be free to take your decision.

God bless you
Neeraj

neva

Thank you Dr.Neeraj.
//From Moon presence of 6L Mars & 8L Sat in 7H are disastrous.// Here Mars is not only 6L but 11L also.
//Mutual exchange of 7L Jup & 11L Mars indicate remarriage. It may be a broken relation before marriage.// Here Jupiter is 10L also, not just 7L.
//From Arudh Lagna the presence of Sun & Rahu in 7H denotes misunderstandingd and separation. 7H is aspected by 6L Sat indicating litigations.// and here, Saturn is 7L also... when the same planets own different houses how accurate would be the predictions by just considering lordship of one house only? It is out of my curiosity that I am asking you...I would be really grateful if you can give your views.

Regards.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 23 Oct 2013

Dear Neva
Your questions are very gud and though provoking. Though I'm not an expert on this field of Astrology so let me just share my understanding & what I've collected from myh teachers.
See for Taurus & Libra ASc, Sat is th Yogkaraka (YK), now if someone has Moon in Libra will he/she ever face problems in sadhe satti?
Likewise for the Leo Asc Mon is YK so if it aspect 7H, will it create problem in marital relations?

Now we shd understand that planets give results by their lordship as well as their natural inclination.
Mars & Sat are unconditional malefics in astrology. They are not bad, just returning what we deserve as per our karma.
Sat delays the results while Mars gives aggression which destroys the results at times.
When Sat & Mars have lordship of 1 malefic house and 1 benefic house, their tendency to act as malefic increases. Actually they will give results of both houses but remember basically they are malefics.

In this chart, From Moon Mars is 11L but as lord of 11th it'll multiply the results of the houses it aspects. So any connection of 11L/H with 7H/L is a combination of multiplicity of marriages which necessitates breaking of first marriage but any way. Now we've a rule in astrology BHavat bhavam i.e. count as many houses ahead of a house which is understudy e.g. for the career we see 10th and 10th from 10H i.e. 7H.
For marriage we see 7H and 7th from it i.e. lagna.
So 6th from 6H is 11H which is again not gud, remember in classics 11H is called as greatest malefic in upchaya houses.

Likewise Sat's connection with any malefic house will be bad.

God bless you
Neeraj

ashy

Re: Prediction Rules for Jamini: Step by Step (Part-6 UL)

Post by ashy » 04 May 2016

Neeraj sir,

Saturn in his enemy sign of Scorpio is posited in the 2nd house from UL but receives a 9th house aspect from Jupiter and a 7th house aspect from Mars. Does the aspect of benefic planet neutralise the ill effects of a malefic placed 2nd from UL?

Regards,
Ashwin

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Prediction Rules for Jamini: Step by Step (Part-6 UL)

Post by Dr Neeraj » 09 May 2016

Dear Ashy
Jup's aspect will no doubt control the damage but since Jup is combust, I doubt how effective it may be.
God bless you
Neeraj