Prediction Rules for Jamini: Step by Step (Part-1)

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Prediction Rules for Jamini: Step by Step (Part-1)

Post by Dr Neeraj » 08 Oct 2013

Dear Friends
Jamini astrology is a very potent tool for delineating the time of events. My experience of predicting the events with Jamin is quite good.

In last few days I've talked to several of my friends who told that they are not very comfortable with Jamini, so here I'm discussing few rules & their applications in some case studies to explain whatever I've understood about Jamini astrology.

Statutory warning: I do not claim to be an authority on Jamini, the following text is just my experience.

Thumb rules for predictions by Jamini:

1. From the MD see the position of AK &AmK. This wil give a fair idea about how this MD will be. AK & AmK in kendra, trikona, 11H is always gud and in 6/8/12 is bad (AK in 6/8/12 may indicate health issues). 2H & 3H are sort of neutral.

Also notice where is the lagna from MD or in other words the MD rashi is which house of natal chart. This also gives idea about prediction.

2. Give special attention to planets in 10H from MD. 10H being karma place, planets in 10H will be much activated.

3. ADs will give better approximation of timing.

a) Results of AD may be predicted using the above mentioned 2 steps.

b) In Jamini astrology, the top priority is given to the rashi (& the planets/karaka present in it) aspecting AD, next in series is planets posited in AD & finally the lord of AD.

c) Planets in AD will give their results as per their Jamini karaka role. Ex: If AmK is posited in AD, time for professional uplifement. DK in AD, time for marriage.

d) When AmK is in 10H from AD this is very gud time for career.

e) When GK is placed in 1st, 6H/8H/12H from AD, it can be a problem. Which section of life will have problem can be marked by divisional charts.

f) If DK aspect AD or 7th from it; it can be a gud time for marriage. In terms of marriage, we shd also consider DkN: Navamsa sign of DK.
Plz note DkN is a rashi and not a planet. AD which is aspected by DkN can also give marriage.

g) AD in 6H/8H/12H from MD may give adverse results.

h) DK & DkN give deaths too. I need to work on this area.

Misc:
Though its not given in any classics but I've few observations regarding Jamini:
a) Whichever Jamini karaka is debilitated, that aspect of life suffers and is beyond repair (even by remedial measures)
b) Whichever karaka is conjunct/aspected by GK in natal chart also suffers, particularly in the AD of rashi where GK is placed.
c) While evaluating Vimshottari dasha, dasha planets gives their results as per their Jamini karaka too.
d) If lord of MD/AD is debi in transit, then this time shd give -ve results.

Happy Learning
Neeraj

navall
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Prediction Rules for Jamini: Step by Step (Part-1)

Post by navall » 08 Oct 2013

Dear Neeraj Ji,

very nice to see you again contributing the valuable stuff for the learners.

would like to see you more and more on this forum.

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

Naval
Warm Regards,

Naval

Nick

Post by Nick » 14 Dec 2013

Dear Neeraj ji,

Thank you for the posts on Jamini .

In the above post you said that when the karakas are debilitated their significations are beyond repair .Now in my chart both Ak sun and Amk venus are debilitated . As they are the most important kakrakas, is my life going to be a living hell ? I have also read some where that when ak is debilitated it is indication of a fallen soul and it doesn't like to live in this world for very long .

My details - 15 Nov 1988 , 13 :40 pm , Hyderabad .

Thank you ,
Nick.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 20 Jan 2014

Dear NIck
Even without consulting astrology, we know from our experience that no year is completely good or bad, even one day is not completely gud or bad. So how can someone claim that this lifetime will be hell.
I have never said that debi karaka will make life hell. But yes these significations will suffer.
Here debi of AK & AmK may give u some sort of dissatisfaction in terms of personal life and career.
But I always mention, planets can just create circumstances but we are free in our reaction to them. The purpose of this life is to be master of our actions/reactions. Tough times are the exams where we come to know how much we've learnt.
God bless you
Neeraj

navall
Contributor
Contributor

Post by navall » 22 Jan 2014

Dear Neeraj ji,

Below are details of my friend whose marriage is fixed on 19th April ,2014.

DOB: 4 AUG,1986, TIME: 5.33 PM, PLACE= AMBALA

wHEN I WAS GOING THROUGH HIS CHART ,I NOTICED AS PER VIMSHOTTARI DASA, he will be runnning MER/MARS/MERC DASa at the time of marriage which can give marriage as merc is 7th lord and mars is aspecting 7th lord and 7th house from lagna.
so as per VD it is understandable.

but when i see jaimini chara dasha he will be running CANCER/LEO DASA, CANCER CONTAINNG 7TH LORD AND DARAKARKA MERCURY CAN GIVE MARRIAGE, BUT I AM NOT ABLE TO RELATE LEO AD IN THIS REGARD ,because neither it is aspected by 7th lord, darakarka or DKN NOR IS IN THE 7TH FROM them, the only hint i can get is from navamsa where venus the natural karka of marriage is aspecting the leo rasi..apart from that i am not able to find how could leo be related to this marriage timing as per my little knowledge of Jaimini astrology, i hope you will clear the confusion.
Warm Regards,

Naval

srcs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by srcs » 24 Jan 2014

@Navali ; There are many unexplained dasa Rasi's but gives the result &vice versa. Many cases are like that.
Also to reckon/Anthra/ priyantar dasa etc,i found change of rules to tailor the events explanation.
3 /11 Rasis from AK or MD/AD not asp. by DK,GK,DKN,GKN/ 8th lord etc caused death. I add one more example.
Simha Lagna native without job for 6years though 10th from MD Kumba is asp.by yoga karakan Mars AMK,conjd Mk Sani in cancer/L1GK exalt Aries Rasi (GK shows service matters too),despite L10 BK Ven.in own Rishab while for
other native with almost principal features was in job. For both Vimshoddari explains very well.
If some refinement to jaimini system is done it will surely supplement UDu dasa & one can gain
confidence in predictions etc.

krishnan69

Post by krishnan69 » 25 Jan 2014

Dear Neeraj ji,

I have a question regarding points below :-

a) Whichever Jamini karaka is debilitated, that aspect of life suffers and is beyond repair (even by remedial measures)
b) Whichever karaka is conjunct/aspected by GK in natal chart also suffers, particularly in the AD of rashi where GK is placed.

I have AmK (Saturn) debilitated and aspected by GK (Mercury). But my aspect of life related to AmK like job, finance,
etc. are not at all suffered. Any cancellation to this rule ?

Thanks,
Krishnan

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 26 Jan 2014

navall wrote:DOB: 4 AUG,1986, TIME: 5.33 PM, PLACE= AMBALA
Dear Naval
I agree with the observations of srcs.
Astrology is not exact mathematics, it is probable mathematics.
Lets evaluate the timing for the native in flashback mode. You can also call ir reverse engineering.
Any boy's marriage shd be predicted after 21+ age, which takes it to 2007.
The Jamini dasha in operation in 2007 was Cancer which contains DK (Also DkN) so this dasha shd give him marriage.
Whether its an early marriage or at correct time or late?
Now There is no aspect of Sat on 7H/L in D-1 or D-9, so late marriage (at 30+) is ruled out. Likewise 7L in 8H with almost in one degree of 8L rules out the possibility of early marriage.
However 7L in 8H does show some unsuccessful affairs or emotional bondage. One such period was Aug 2007-08, the AD was Capricorn which is 7th to MD Cancer.
Now the best ADs for marriage are: Scorpio (aspected by Cancer) 2010-11 and Cancer Aug 2014-15.
Surprisingly none of the in between AD is making a connection to Cancer. I wud have predicted Aug 2014 for his marriage.
Why Leo? I have no explanation.

My experience is that Jamini method give a rough estimate which shd be fine tuned with Vimshottari dasha as well as transits.

God bless you
Neeraj

srcs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by srcs » 27 Jan 2014

@Naval; I 've seen Jaimini cases when Sani not only asp.7th/Lord but 11th also has given marriage.
Vimshoddari doesn't require any fine tuning if we had mastered it.But to give confidence/guide the Timing
Jaimini can be useful if all those ambiguities are solved.One more thing about confusion is wrt association rules.
Nothing categorical is stated if Mars/sani association is to be only with Thara planets or with either of the nodes
is suffice in a sign other than Vrisc/kumba respvly.

hope2612

Post by hope2612 » 30 Jan 2014

Dear Neeraj ji

Kindly help me to clear my doubts.

DOB-26-12-1983
time-23.41
place- ludhiana,india

1.I have venus as atmakarka and mars as amatyakarka,what does that mean ??
presently going thru Rahu- venus period i.e amatyakarka in antardasha. Ilost my father in venus antar last may . it may be due to venus is positioned sixth frm rahu?? and will rahu moon/rahu-mars will be better coz they r positioned 5th from rahu ??

2. Secondly i want your help wrt to my upapada lagna. what is my upapada lagna? and what does it signify in context to my marriage and married life.i am 30 yrs old and single. what are my marriage prospects and how my married life will be.what is the jupiter strenght as darakarka?

3. which will be my best mahadasha...rahu,jupiter or saturn ??

eagerly waiting for a response.
thanks in advance...

hope2612

Post by hope2612 » 06 Feb 2014

Dr neeraj
please reply to my question....

Thanks

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 16 Feb 2014

hope2612 wrote: DOB-26-12-1983
time-23.41
place- ludhiana,india
1.I have venus as atmakarka and mars as amatyakarka,what does that mean ??
Planets with highest deg will be AK and the next is Amk. There is no separate meaning. Any of the 7 planets will be AK so roughly every 7th person will have same AK. Nothing conclusive can be drawn from it.
presently going thru Rahu- venus period i.e amatyakarka in antardasha. Ilost my father in venus antar last may . it may be due to venus is positioned sixth frm rahu?? and will rahu moon/rahu-mars will be better coz they r positioned 5th from rahu ??
You've mixed up 2 dasha system. You're asking questions of Vimshottari dasha in Jamini forum!!
2. Secondly i want your help wrt to my upapada lagna. what is my upapada lagna? and what does it signify in context to my marriage and married life.i am 30 yrs old and single. what are my marriage prospects and how my married life will be.what is the jupiter strenght as darakarka?
Your Upapada lagna is Aries. From it 7H contain Sat (causes delay in marriage) and Ven. It is aspected by Ketu only and have Rahu in 2H.
From Dec 2014 you'll have Jamini dasha of Sagittarius for 12 yrs which contain DK Jup, PK Sun & BK Mer. This is the time for ur marriage as well as kids.
3. which will be my best mahadasha...rahu,jupiter or saturn ??
Again u r asking for Vimshottari dasha in Jamini forum.
From Sagittarius dasha 10H contain AmK Mars so it shd be a gud time for ur career. Particularly the AD of Virgo which contain AmK Mars.

God bless you
Neeraj

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 17 Feb 2014

@ neeraj

As a general dictum what if native is running the dasha Rashi of AmK planet - Should we expect career related events in that period ?
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 18 Feb 2014

astro123 wrote:@ neeraj
As a general dictum what if native is running the dasha Rashi of AmK planet - Should we expect career related events in that period ?
Yes astro123, we shd expect career related events.

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 18 Feb 2014

Thanks -so in this case when to expect good events if any to fructify eg I am running the MD of Leo which has Mars (Amk) conjunct BK Jupiter- do I have to see the Antardashas of the running sign ?
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by manya » 18 Feb 2014

Astro123 & Dr Neeraj,

Could you please look into my chart tooo----

28th july 1975
08:10 am
lucknow
I am letting go of the thoughts that do not make me strong.