Which Branch of Astrology ?

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
lightonva
Which Branch of Astrology ?

Post by lightonva » 29 Sep 2013

deleted
Last edited by lightonva on 30 Aug 2015, edited 1 time in total.

lifeline
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Which Branch of Astrology ?

Post by lifeline » 30 Sep 2013

hi light,
I know only about Parasara and Jaimini....wait for others to comment on Varaahamihira.....
BVRaman an KNRao are modern astrologers(and famous too) that have taken upon the work of these sages and are trying to improve the method.

Parasara method focuses on Planets...all dashas are planet dashas and the period of all Mahadashas is 120yrs. It follows the aspect of planets and influence of planets basically

Jaimini method on the other hand is relatively more confusing...It places importance on signs rather than on planets...All the dashas are sign dashas and the period of all dashas is not the same for individual person...

While Parasara shows the full impact, Jaimini may as well signify the period of the impact...
But Parasara is more known that Jaimini and is more followed...

Jaimini systems doesnt have much to go on...so after sometime you might feel lost in this system..but it is also the system which you can calculate on your own...

It might be easier to follow Parasara...but you can go for jaimini as well is you want to

lightonva

Post by lightonva » 03 Oct 2013

Thank you very much for the explanation and reply.

Which one you suggest me to learn? I'm keen interested in learning astrology but very confused with these different methods.

Its ok if it is tough or simple but I would like to learn the one which gives more accurate results

Thanks in Advance
Light On VA

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 19 Oct 2013

Dear Light
None of the branch will give u exact answer.
Every student of astrology need to synthesize various aspects / parameters before pronouncing results.
Past life knowledge of astrology, practicing experience in this life, bless of guru and Almighty God is reqd for perfect prediction. The one you can manage for ur own is practicing experience.
Start with Vimshottari & later u can come on Jamini.
God bless you
Neeraj

lifeline
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lifeline » 21 Oct 2013

As far as I have come in this subject....if you look at sun and moon, they are two fast moving planets....thus they can create variations in various Karaka sequence....even at times the sequence might become same...the sign are themselves rotating in and changing in every 6 minutes...This is taking the Birth-chart only...

If we go for navamsa...It changes in a faster rate...I am not sure how we calculate it(methodically)...here the degree of planet movement can/might change the sign placement...so this part has lesser chance to be similar...Thus creating unique charts of individual

Regards
Lifeline

P.S: If i have made any mistake above, kindly feel free to point it out :)

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 21 Oct 2013

ishvarakrishna wrote:Hello !
now How Can it give''personal'' clues ,if they change very slowly? even the karakamsa is slow!?
Dear Ish
Thogh I didnt get ur question, what exactly u want to know.
However plz read this http://www.scribd.com/doc/74690024/Jamini-Astrology
God bless you
Neeraj

lifeline
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lifeline » 21 Oct 2013

While planets are moving through the signs, the signs are themselves moving through the houses (i dont remember the direction :? ) Thus changing the Rising sign of the individuals even when the planets are at the same positions...

I should add that even the place from where the birth has taken place would result in different rising sign...

lifeline
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lifeline » 22 Oct 2013

No, the ascendent in birth chart will remain your ascendent...the placement of AK with respect to the ascendent plays the important role...About the Karakamsa, it depends upon the placement of AK in D9....and then that sign is brought to birth chart becoming our KL in birth chart...

Regards,
Lifeline