11th from Arudha Lagna

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Valens
11th from Arudha Lagna

Post by Valens » 01 Nov 2012

Hi,

what are the experiences of fellow astrologers here with the 11th lord and 12th lord from Arudha Lagna? Do you find that jaimini's Financial Sambhanda gives an accurate picture of the native's financial situation? Also, what of things like lord of the 11th in the 12th or vice-versa, or the 11th and 12th lord are the same planet and all little idiosyncrasies like this?

Regards,

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 11th from Arudha Lagna

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 08 May 2019

Yes, it gives an accurate portrayal along with the lords of such houses from AL. Same lord its either good usage of money or charity, or mitigation to the bad usage and spending habits of money.

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 27 Jul 2019

To clarify further want benefics in the 11th or 12th from the Arudha lagna. If benefics are in the 12th the native spends well, malefics they spend too much or do not control their own spending. Benefics in 11th give good income and raja yoga along with lord.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 28 Jul 2019

It's better to have malefic planet in 11th from AL than benefic planet.
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 28 Jul 2019

Malefics in the 11th will ruin income, and other yogas. So its better to have a benefic. Rahu is especially not welcome.

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 28 Jul 2019

Financial status depends on position of 11th Lord from AL in navamsa.

New2Vedic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by New2Vedic » 28 Jul 2019

Looks like it contradicstory statements in previous posts. 11 should have malefics or benefic or what? What if no planet in 11 from Aruddha lagna in Natal chart?

Astroduferji, what if the Lord of 11 from Aruddha lagna in Natal is exalted in Navamsha? I mean say it if is Mercury lord of 11 house, and This mercury is exalted in D9 and in D1, then good financial status? I know this is specific to some charts only, many variations may happen in between.

Like lord of house 11 exaclted in D1, but badly placed in D9. Weak in D1, well placed and exalted in D9. Weak in both D1, D9, strong in both D1, D90 etc...........

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 28 Jul 2019

final result of any planet in rasi depends on its strength in navamsa. 11th from AL is financial status. IF debilitated in rasi but exalted in navamsa will cause one of the neechabhanga of types and with less resources also native will accrue much wealth.

vice versa exalted in rasi but debilitated in navamsa will deplete the wealth.

some planets are good to be debilitated in navamsa from this perspective. For example enemies maybe exalted in rasi but having good dharma bala of past life if the planet is debilitated in navamsa, its a happy thing to be. because eventually enemies will all be vanquished.

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 01 Aug 2019

Dear astroduffer sir,

What if 11th house from AL is D1 lagna, and D1 lagna lord is in 2nd from ascendent but 12th from AL.

And hence, since 2nd house is wealth and 12th is loss, which would prevail?

D1 lagna lord is also vargottam in D9 with exalted moon. So is it losses being vargottam or wealth being vargottam?

Many thanks
Abhi

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 02 Aug 2019

D1 shows your attitude approach towards bhavas concerned. Arudhas shows what manifests in front of world. LL in 2nd shows focus towards family, wealth, food etc... Planets involved will update results. Same planets position in navamsa will show if dharma/fortune favours you in the same or not.

Similarly see how you manifest in society by checking arudha positions in rasi and navamsa.

Without dharma punya of past life that you bring in current, fortune will not favour you. Hope you have seen many people put considerable amount of effort in some area but in the end because of lack of luck or fortune cannot succeed.

Whereas some of them with least amount of effort get immense success in that area. These are the people who have thatbhava lord place in good Nawansas like own exalted or in a benefic Nawamsa.

For the former people the Bhava Lords debilitated weak or placed in malefic navamsas.

Rashi is just gross all the very important but final results come from d9 only.

Auditors here please excuse my spelling mistakes.

Thank you

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 03 Aug 2019

Dear astroduffer sir,

Thanks for this explanation.

It's interesting that you mention purva punya point. 5th house is supposed to be responsible for that, right? And in my chart, Ketu sits there. I suppose he's a Karak for that as well. So I think my purva punya gets lost somewhere in ether -- besides applying 'Karko Bhav Nashye' principle here on 5th house.

In another trinal 9th house, is saturn, the badhkesh, in fortune's house, so that goes out the window too.

Having both trines occupied by rank malefics should be bad enough, I guess.

Finally my AL is also Karakamsa lagna, and Mars (my D-1 lagna lord) is 12th from both of them, in D-1 and in D-9. Atmakarka mercury again sits with ketu, in 7th house of d-9, but in own house. (Mars here becomes matrukarka and goes 12th from it in 6th house.)

As far as my family life focus goes, I consider myself unlucky and everyone against my opinions and methods and obstructing whatever I do. I don't feel any particularly strong connection from my family. I even feel restricted. I suppose a lot of society-at-large thinks that due to fierce ideological clashes with my severely orthodox father, and other family members in general, I've lost everything. Or I've destroyed my family and family's honor. (Depending on who you ask). Mainly due to a bad romance and education's sudden upheaval, from very top to very bottom in the latter case.

So I gues it's 11th lord (from AL), who happens to be D-1 Lagan lord (representing oneself) going to 12th (which happens to be 2nd house of family, in real terms) from AL. Causing loss, destruction and enmity (the D-9 placement of D1 LL.)

I'll freely admit that I am a newbie, and I might be making sweeping rationalisation here. But does it make any astrological sense? Because in reality, that's what is happening.

The question then, of course becomes, whether in the end 'enemies' will prevail or the lagna lord will be able to defeat their cause. Being mars, who's certainly capable of doing that in 6th house D-9, and having extra power due to vargottam and all.)

Posting birth details if needed

D.O.B. - 23/03/1989
Time - 08:40 AM
Place - Kharsia, Raigarh , Chhattisgarh (21:58N , 83:7 E)

Many thanks
Abhi.

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 20 Aug 2019

New2vedic if their is no planet in 11th from AL, take the rashi aspect to the 11th and their argala. The reason for the contradictions is due to many scholarly approaches to the Arudha lagna, such as its calculation, and usage. Such as not all scholars agree with the Maya and manifestation, others even just go for judging wealth from it.

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 21 Aug 2019

Contrary to popular belief, jaimini says even debilitated planet in 11th from AL gives excellent wealth.