Appeal to Members

Read latest announcements
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: Offensive posts will be deleted, and repeat offenders will have all posts moderated.
Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Appeal to Members

Post by Vaughn Paul » 12 Nov 2010

Dear Members,
Many are at fault for mud slinging and it saddens me that the tone of the forum has degraded to this point. I want to make an appeal to members to turn this around, and encourage everyone to try to be more tolerant of other's opinions, and avoid name calling and negativity. Everyone is welcome on this forum in my opinion. I've never banned anyone and don't intend to. I'd rather make these kind of appeals for everyone to stay on the topic of discussion and remain respectful of other's varying opinions. Then the forum can remain as a thriving place to discuss Jyotish, which was the original intention.

Just for the record, Astrosonu asked me to take him off as moderator and another member suggested to ask Cjappu be a moderator, which he accepted. Shrikanth has also been a moderator since earlier this year and was suggested by Omkarnath. If anyone has any other suggestions for moderators I'm open to having more moderators since the forum is quite large. Please email me or send me a PM if you want to suggest someone. Thanks for everyone's participation and attempts to make this a brighter place. Vaughn Paul

viswada
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Appeal to Members

Post by viswada » 24 Nov 2010

Vaughn Paul wrote:Dear Members,
Thanks for everyone's participation and attempts to make this a brighter place. Vaughn Paul
dear VAUGHN sir
If Moderators want to avoid ASTRO BOY ,i dont know y moderators took this decission.He just insisted on right astro angles for his questions.No wrong with that..already ASTRO SONU SIR is not appearing.Now ASTRO BOY,,who is next??seniours are leaving...Moderators should think about all angles...Nothing he delivered in hurting way..U please welcome him back for at least this great art sake.....
Let us hope he will be back for devine science sake and for learners sake like us...
best regards...

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sinecurve » 24 Nov 2010

Cjaapu, How would one verify the facts what happened ?? Being a moderator why dont you enlighten us of why exactly 3-4 senior members left ? What was the exact reason so other members could avoid it in future. If possible I would appreciate if you could be specific.

I still see that a lot of other members being instigated but obviously well within what we call 'decorum' of the forum. Thats what we care about ...right ?? We dont care of who has contributed what on the forum ....right ??

The reason I ask because with what we read the mud slinging was from all sides just that one was using diplomatic language and other one was straight fwd.

You have been a part of us for so long Cjappu, you know how we all have grown on this forum and how brilliantly it used to work. You are very well aware of the contribution from Ramanan ji helping the natives with the remedies needed....from his 25 years of experience in astrology. You know how Astroboy is until/unless hes instigated or insulted. I m not getn personal here....just that whatever has happened is not right.

thanks for your time !
'वक्त से पहले और मुक़द्दर् से ज्यादा किसी को कुछ नहीं मिलता' - Neither before time nor beyond destiny, would you attain anything !

kasgan

Post by kasgan » 25 Nov 2010

Dear Members,

I am not an expert in astrology but am writing this since I have benefitted from the forum.

I think with brilliance comes eccentricity. The passion/zeal which makes someone better ( breathe, live,eat astrology) than others also sometimes contribute to anger/frustration and makes the person high strung!... We tend to see their anger/frustration but not the passion/continuous effort they put in to gain the knowledge. We also forget the contributions they have made instead judge them by a single comment or a few posts.

I am personally saddened due to the loss of few very talented experts here due to the reasons known by everyone. I think we are missing here, is tolerance, forgiveness and compassion.

I would earnestly request the experts to consider their decision and come back. Please do not take comments personally rather ignore frivolous posts.

Everyone has a right to his/her opinion. But very few have the courage (yes) and humility to accept wrong and learn.

Kind regards

Kaushik
A Candle loses nothing by lighting another.

viswada
Contributor
Contributor

Post by viswada » 25 Nov 2010

cjappu wrote:Dear Viswada,
If Moderators want to avoid ASTRO BOY ,i dont know y moderators took this decission
Moderators have not avoided any one on this forum including Astroboy ji. I urge you to Pls verify the facts before writing this kind of statements.
Best rgds,
cjappu
dear CJ APPU sir
if it sounds U in some hurting manner then i am sorry for that.Avoiding in the sense i does not mean that moderators willfully avoided him.but actually depends on somebody's compliant if it is compulsory to moderators to take him off then what u do u call for that?U r telling to know facts?IS it wrong of ASTRO BOY to be on his firm stand for seeking a good reasonable astrological view?is it wrong to say more and more times that the given reasons are not good,come in a proper way like that? U please tell me have u received any complaint from his side?IF No,then that is his dignity.
I am just requesting moderators and administrators to go around facts and be impartial on judgement.if ASTRO BOY version of directing them(who lodged complaint)is not good and is in harsh manner,then MODERATORS SHOULD COME IN LINE AND CAN DISCUSS OPENLY WHOSE ASTROLOGICAL VIEW IS CORRECT as this is a good avenue for this devine science.Y modetaors did not do that?i mean to save diginity of forum and to brighten this place with the light of that devine knowledge ,it is worthwile that Moderators and administrators also has to take part in that type of instance for a healthy and a good group discussion,and in fact to judge whose astrological knowledge is nearerly to accuracy...
This is what i want to put your kind notice...
Thanking you always
best regards....

viswada
Contributor
Contributor

Post by viswada » 03 Dec 2010

cjappu wrote:Dear Viswada,
So let's join our hands and keep the discussions peaceful free from any personal remarks as we may not be the best judge today which classic/renowned astrologer is 100% correct.
Best rgds,
cjappu
Dear CJ
May be astrology a combination of maths and arts,but even the way we are attempting must be nearer to accuracy i believe.One may come in round way instead of stright path,which may give results,but instead of coming like that around the nose,it is always better to come in a stright way.right?May be all people who learnt this art give different analizations depends up on their reveletions and experiences and ultimately on their intution.But say some out of 5 members, mejority members opinion counts i believe.Here i told moderators to come.
any way as u said let us join hands to take bliss from this vedic art and to save this and to hold respect on the art and as well as on real astrologers...
thanking you
best regards.....