New Addition to the Discussion Board - Client Section!!

Read latest announcements
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: Offensive posts will be deleted, and repeat offenders will have all posts moderated.
Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
New Addition to the Discussion Board - Client Section!!

Post by Vaughn Paul » 24 Feb 2007

Hi everyone,
I've just made a new addition to the discussion board - a READINGS SECTION where anyone can ask questions about their own natal charts or someone else's. I've also distinguised this section from the STUDENT SECTION, which is for those who want to ask technical questions about Jyotish principles - just like we've always had. So, no longer is the discussion board just a place to ask technical questions. My hope is that this will be a win/win for all users. Those who are learning Jyotish can try their hand at answering questions or making predictions about people's charts in the Readings Section. Or, students can stick to discussing technical posts just like before. Also, those who have burning questions about their own charts, and would like to try to get a free reading will have a place to do that. Please know, however, that if personal questions are asked in the Student Section - they may be deleted, so be sure to ask them only in the Readings Section.

Also, please note that any registered user can ask questions or respond to questions in any section. Therefore, any predictions or views must not be mistaken to be my views (Vaughn Paul Manley) or endorsed by this website. That said, have fun :D and ask away - either technical or personal questions.

Yours in the Jyotir Vidya,
Vaughn Paul

Virendra
Contributor
Contributor

Newbie's long note to professionals

Post by Virendra » 26 Sep 2009

Hi ,

Vaughn it is a really nice place you've put up and I'm sure I would be a regular visitor.
Sorry for such a long post but I had some reservations over the assertion that students could predict or provide readings to other's chart here.
Someone being a novice learner of this art, like me, would not (in fact should not) be able to to do justice with the art and the one who seeks an answer.
If muscles are flexed without the required level of knowledge, experience and confidence the accuracy is bound to suffer.
Now as the case has always been, people come from all walks who have no clue of what the art is, what are the limitations of predictions and the predictor.
Consequently, an incorrect interpretation will not only disturb the person in front but also bring havoc to the brand/credibility of this art.
It was developed and nurtured by the very few and brilliant people of their times who I'm sure were enormously better than us (no offense).
There has already been considerable damage to astrology, where people would discard it out rightly and it probably happens because of reasons like this.

Now, my conclusion is - to learn Astrology we need to practically apply the principles we read in theory. That requires us to perform case studies like many learned ones are doing here. For feedback and evaluation we'll have to post back our analysis. But as we're learning we'll definitely make mistakes and such incorrect prediction is what will make people think all what they shouldn't about Astrology.
******** Dilemma ... How can we learn then ?????
Thanks & Regards,
Virendra S Rathore