Beware of Suspicious Personal Messages

Read latest announcements
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: Offensive posts will be deleted, and repeat offenders will have all posts moderated.
Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Beware of Suspicious Personal Messages

Post by Vaughn Paul » 18 Jan 2010

Dear Forum Users,
Please beware of personal messages or emails sent from users of this forum that include a link for you to click on. It could be a malicious person and clicking on the link could damage your computer with a virus or spyware. They can be very sneaky like claiming to be representing the forum administration For instance, a recent email was sent out to many users by a user named LadyAdministrator with a message that read:

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://antivirus.effectmeds.com

This was totally bogus and malicious and was signed "Sincerely, Forum Administration." Please don't click on an email like this unless it's from someone you know personally, even then I'd recommend not clicking on it.

If you receive any personal messages or emails like this sent from any forum users, please let me know immediately so that I can clean this up from the forum. Namaste, Vaughn Paul