Please Read: New LOVA Forum has Arrived!!

Read latest announcements
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: Offensive posts will be deleted, and repeat offenders will have all posts moderated.
Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Please Read: New LOVA Forum has Arrived!!

Post by Vaughn Paul » 11 Jan 2017

Hi Everyone,
As you can see, the new LOVA forum has arrived! We will be making more changes in the following weeks so be patient. The best news about this is that the LOVA Forum is finally responsive and functional from your mobile devices. Now you will be able to login, post, check responses, chat, etc. while on the go. The news we sincerely regret is that all data submitted between Dec 22nd and Jan 10th did not make it into the new forum. However, it is not lost! We have retained the old forum in a locked state (no new postings) for a limited time of 30/60 days, so users may copy missing posts and re-post them here in the new forum. Here is the url: http://lightonvedicastrology.com/forum30/index.php

Other than the unfortunate loss of data, the forum should run smoothly into the foreseeable future. Please submit any bugs, errors, or any feedback about our new forum in this thread here so that we (moderators and admins) can be aware of them, and address them. Thanks!!

Yours in the Jyotir Vidya, Vaughn Paul (Admin)

TAKE LOVA WITH YOU - ON THE GO!
download/file.php?mode=view&id=2900
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Please Read: New LOVA Forum has Arrived!!

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 11 Jan 2017

Hi Paul

Hope everything is fine with you.

All the 2017 posts have not been restored. Can you look into it?

Thanks.

Rgds
Khoo

MyHead
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by MyHead » 11 Jan 2017

Vaughn Paul wrote:
11 Jan 2017
The worst news is that all data submitted between Dec 22nd and Jan 10th is lost,. We sincerely apologize about this!!

Yours in the Jyotir Vidya, Vaughn Paul (Admin)
Dear Khoo,

He says it's lost for good I guess

MyHead

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 11 Jan 2017

Dear Khoo, Myhead and all others,
I have some good news in light of our regretful failure to transfer the posts that were submitted between Dec 22 and Dec 10th. Your posts are not lost! We have retained the old forum in a locked state (no new postings) for a limited time of 30/60 days, so users may copy missing posts and re-post them here in the new forum. Here is the url: http://lightonvedicastrology.com/forum30/index.php. I hope this comes as some consolation. Yours in the Jyotir Vidya, Vaughn Paul

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 12 Jan 2017

Thanks Paul. I will try to retrieve all my posts within the time frame given.
Last edited by Khoo Hock Leong on 12 Jan 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Helios
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Helios » 12 Jan 2017

We also have enabled Chat Box access for Donors after our user "TinTin" reported the same via PM.

Please report any technical issues here and we shall get them resolved at the earliest.

Best regards,
Helios
“You don’t need to be a genius or a visionary, or even a college graduate for that matter, to be successful. You just need a framework and a dream.” -- Michael Dell

Helios
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Helios » 12 Jan 2017

Just enabled Chat Box access for Contributors after user "MyHead" reported the same via PM.

Best regards,
Helios
“You don’t need to be a genius or a visionary, or even a college graduate for that matter, to be successful. You just need a framework and a dream.” -- Michael Dell

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tandav » 12 Jan 2017

Yayyyyy thanks for making it mobile friendly!

:D

Balwinder
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Balwinder » 13 Jan 2017

Is the search function still working. I can't seem to access older posts through the search. Tried "gandanta" and couldn't access any old posts on this.

djoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by djoe » 13 Jan 2017

Can you please restore the buttons to read "all unread posts", "all new posts", "my posts" etc. was a very helpful feature

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 13 Jan 2017

Hi Djoe,
Those buttons are there in upper left hand corner under Quick Links.

Helios
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Helios » 14 Jan 2017

QuickLinks.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

djoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by djoe » 14 Jan 2017

Thanks Sirs , Got it.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 14 Jan 2017

I have transferred all my posts from Dec 22 2016 to Jan 10 2017 to the new forum.

Other posts made before this period but which was subsequently added in by others like queries, comments etc. I have not copied them because :

- The original posts made by me for the respective threads are already in the new forum
- Those subsequent posts like queries and comments made by others are under their respective IDs and if I do the copying, the flow of thought can be disrupted. For the others who want to do the copying of these later posts of these threads themselves, you can ferret out these threads from the new forum and re-add your questions, comments etc. all over again.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Best Rgds
Khoo

gaccii

Post by gaccii » 28 Feb 2017

Its very convenient on mobile too.Thank you.

Helios
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Helios » 17 Jul 2017

Lova is expected to perform a planned update on its software's soon so there might be a little downtime while the upgrade happens. Stay tuned here for the exact date and time of the update. :)

Helios
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Helios » 19 Oct 2017

Hi Everyone, i believe everyone of us are aware about the limited duration retention of the old forum given by VP Sir in the first post of this thread, looks like we have just extended the duration way too longer for the benefit of our members as we just noticed the old forum is still active on google search and new content are still being posted there so to avoid the unwanted confusion we are planning to lock-down the old forum by this weekend.

Do let us know if you have any questions or suggestions. :)

Helios
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Helios » 20 Oct 2017

Hi Everyone, the old forum has been locked.

Since all the data from the old forum is still available here, there shouldn't be any difference both while browsing and posting.

Do let us know if you have any questions or suggestions. :)