Polls, Polls, and more Polls

Read latest announcements
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: Offensive posts will be deleted, and repeat offenders will have all posts moderated.
tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Polls, Polls, and more Polls

Post by tandav » 21 Feb 2016

Could we please have polls on the forum? It would be fun and more interactive than getting people to comment, and since most people refrain from commenting on my frivolous topics, I would really appreciate some polls. The poll questions could be something like:

"Cancer Lagnas, how was your saturn mahadasha?"
A) Excellent
B) Satisfactory
C) Stressful due to work
D) Stressful due to love matters
E) Horrible in every aspect

And then members (and higher) can vote for their answer, however their avatar/name would be listed under that answer. And then when OP wants to close the poll, she/he can do so with a click of a button and further elaborate on the astrological results. Hehe, I think this would be really cute.

So can we have polls, Admin jis?

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Polls, Polls, and more Polls

Post by tandav » 22 Feb 2016

Why isnt anyone responding to my request for polls? (I also have an idea for requesting "vote up" buttons below each post, but I will save that for another day!)

Come on, someone say something .... Tandavi getting sad :(

rudra28
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rudra28 » 23 Feb 2016

Not so well idea to implement,
As When one make a comment he puts in his thought processes,
But when you have a poll you place a choice based on percentage and. Sometimes
You will just poll way,
Without the thought processes
So better we dnt go for it..

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tandav » 23 Feb 2016

Awwwwww acey :(
Okie dokie, i see your point.

Okay never mind the poll idea, can we have "Vote Up" buttons then? :D

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 24 Feb 2016

acejohan wrote:Not so well idea to implement,
As When one make a comment he puts in his thought processes,
But when you have a poll you place a choice based on percentage and. Sometimes
You will just poll way,
Without the thought processes
So better we dnt go for it..

I bet even cancer janma rashis (moon in cancer) would be having a variety of experiences during Saturn dasha depending on (fill in the blanks...) which of the dozens and dozens of dashas (conditional, unconditional, new innovative possibilities...!) are operating. Even if vimshottari alone is being considered, the variabilities would be there... :-(

I think God has made astrology complex so as to fit 7 billion (now) in-dividuals into a simple-sounding matrix of 12 signs, 27/28 stars, 9 major planets-lights-nodes (a dozen or so if one uses certain upagrahas) and a few other sundry considerations.

God also is against software that supports certain look-up tables (classics etc) to churn out an adequate reading for us all.

Maybe God wants us astrophiles to work harder at deciphering this cosmic symbolism underlying the language we call astrology.

Maybe ...?

RRanjan
Rohiniranjan

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tandav » 24 Feb 2016

Hehe astrophiles - I like the way you write ji!

nelila

Post by nelila » 25 Mar 2016

A. Excellent :) hehehe like a rainbow full of many colors :) a mixture of everything so it is excellent :)

MyHead
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by MyHead » 27 Jun 2016

tandav wrote:Could we please have polls on the forum? It would be fun and more interactive than getting people to comment, and since most people refrain from commenting on my frivolous topics, I would really appreciate some polls. The poll questions could be something like:

"Cancer Lagnas, how was your saturn mahadasha?"
A) Excellent
B) Satisfactory
C) Stressful due to work
D) Stressful due to love matters
E) Horrible in every aspect

And then members (and higher) can vote for their answer, however their avatar/name would be listed under that answer. And then when OP wants to close the poll, she/he can do so with a click of a button and further elaborate on the astrological results. Hehe, I think this would be really cute.

So can we have polls, Admin jis?
Hi Tandav,

I would like to write about my Saturn Dasha here instead of just polling.

Actually speaking, I was very very successful in my Saturn MD. It was excellent. My learning was at an all time high. It was the best period of my life.

I was born on saturn mahadasa and it lasted 5 years from birth. I learnt to crawl, walk, eat, talk and even a little bit of reading and writing. What not, the alphabets I use to write this now, I learnt those in my saturn dasa too. Even my teeth grew during Saturn. So overall it was a stepping stone for my future. It helped launch my life.

And moreover at that time, life was very comfortable. I was loved, cuddled, hugged, kissed and even my basic needs were taken care by my parents. I also had the opportunity to drink a lot of milk and eat a lot of ghee without fearing heart ailments and cholesterol. It was such a fulfilling period and I was allowed to sleep after my first yawn. And it was not timed too. No alarm clocks. I was at my happiest best. I even owned a three wheeler.

So overall me being a cancer moon, my saturn dasa was a smashing hit! Even my sister did not complain when I pulled her hair and slapped her. Now she would return the favor.

Hope this helps.

Myhead

nelila

Post by nelila » 26 Jul 2016

Hahahahaha Myhead shared his experience with Saturn Mahadasa nicely except I thought the poll is for cancer lagna and not moon in cancer. hehehehe

Maybe I should share some nice things that happened during my Saturn Mahadasa too since most people does not like Saturn that much.

Saturn Mahadasa started when I was 12. I graduated top in my class. Ah before college, I graduated top in my class again and was able to get a scholarship to the top University in the country. Well that was kind of a turning event since I came from a poor family that is not able to afford the usual tuition fees. There were times during my childhood that the family isn't able to eat three times a day. But I am usually busy studying and working I admit. Work. work. work. Study. study. study. That was the theme of my Saturn MD. On the later part, I felt overwhelmed and somehow the main lesson is to anchor myself from within and not identify with any external things, be it achievement or work. Still, I am learning my lessons. I sometimes forget but I am beginning to be good at it :)